Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The beautiful Oregon Coast!

After we left Old Town Newport the boys and I headed to the beach. They asked me to stop the car so they could investigate the beautiful bridge.
Oregon has some gorgeous bridges! This is one of the best. It's called the Yaquina Bay Bridge. Can you believe this magnificent staircase at the base of the bridge? I was thinking how fabulous it would be for bridal photos.
This was one of the bridges made after the great depression as part of the Federal Recovery Program. It was designed by a famous bridge engineer named Conde McCullough who was known for designing many of Oregon's coastal bridges. His bridges were always so beautiful with many arches. Many are art deco and Gothic with Egyptian and Roman influences. Click here to read more about him.
After that we headed to the ocean! There's nothing like the Oregon coast! It is so gorgeous and it is so different than the California beaches. The water is FREEZING! Therefore, the beaches are never crowded! Even during spring break, you can see there's hardly any one down on the beach. The air is so crisp and clean, it kind of takes your breath away.
Here come the boys!
See.....they didn't get too far, the water is soooo cold!
I like this picture, not because it's of me, but because it's me on the beach and you can see my sons in the background. I just think it's kind of artsy!
Here's Grayson. Hey Gray, don't you know you never turn your back to the ocean???
Here's Hayden! Watch out for those sneaker waves Hayden!
And here's me. Okay, this is one of those shots that I say, "Oh my goodness, I need to shed a few pounds!" Ha! Notice I kept my shoes on! That water is too cold for this girl!
I love this one. I am not sure what they were doing, more than likely with their engineering, inventive minds, they were trying to figure something out.
Digging for critters.
There's nothing like playing in wet sand!
We found a dead jelly fish. Don't worry, we didn't touch it. It sure is a weird creature though!
Hayden found this little sand shrimp. Can you see the boys shadows in the picture? Cool huh!
I'm so thankful for our wonderful day at the coast! What good memories we made! I am so thankful to God for His beautiful creation and for my beautiful sons too!


"The sea belongs to Him, for He made it." Psalm 95:5
"Let the sea and everything in it shout His praise!" Psalm 96:11b

Hugs, Sharon

14 comments:

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I love these pictures!! Especially of the boys with their backs to the ocean!! Love the bridges!!! You look great, very happy!

grey like snuffie said...

Wonderful pictures...I LOVE that bridge. It's amazing how much went into bridge building back then...beautiful.

~~Deby said...

oh...these are so great..looks like such a great day was had
deby

Kathi said...

Sharon, What great photos. I love those bridges too. I'm in awe of the work that went into them.

You look so pretty and natural.

It looks like you all had so much fun together. I still love that freezing water on my toes. I just love the thrill of it I guess. Have a great day. Love you, Kathi

shamrock fields said...

Dear Sharon--
What a special time spent with Hayden and Grayson!!! Thanks for sharing the wonderful bridge--I have never seen a bridge like that!! I love the pictures of the Oregon coast--and the seals in your previous post!!! You are such a cool Mom!!! Bless you-
Molly

Jocelyn said...

We always have such a good time too
when we take the kids to our condo in Newport. We don't eat at Mo's anymore, my kids are clan choweder snobs and Chowder Bowl is better!

We are going to go to the condo for a long weekend when Shawn gets back!

You look like you guys had a fab time! I love Newport!

Amy said...

Beautiful pictures! We are going to the Oregon coast next month. Oh yeah, we will be staying in Portland one night. Let me find out where and get back with you. I would really love to meet you and you meet my family.

Heather said...

cute photos! you have some great shots in there. that water looks waaaaayyyy to cold for me too!

Mary Anne said...

What great pictures to remember your day by! I love the pictures of the bridge. It's beautiful.

Blessings,

Mary Anne

Dana said...

Looks like fun, I really need to get my kids to the coast:)

Elena said...

I love the Oregon Coast too!

TattingChic said...

Hi Sharon! Thanks for visiting my blog today. I'm feeling a bit better and hoping to go back to work tomorrow!
It looks like you and your boys had fun at the beach! It sure looks cold, though! :)

My Shabby Roses said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your boys. What fun pictures!

I think it's about time my family and I went to Newport!

Thanks Sharon

Nora Lee said...

What a wonderful post. I know how you feel about spending time with your children. We are so blessed. Loved the pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...