Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters

Here's a picture of me and my two beautiful sisters, Kelli and Kathi, taken this past weekend at our Mom and Dad's house. We have been going through some family stuff lately and I am so thankful for my wonderful sisters. We have such a neat closeness that I truly love and value.

Turn up your volume and listen to the song on my playlist. It's called Sisters and it's performed by Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen. It's from the movie White Christmas. It is such a cute song, here are the lyrics:


Sisters
Sisters
There were never such devoted sisters
Never had to have a chaperone "No, sir"
I'm here to keep my eye on her
Caring
Sharing
Every little thing that we are wearing
When a certain gentleman arrived from Rome
She wore the dress and I stayed home
All kinds of weather
We stick together
The same in the rain or sun
Two diff'rent faces
But in tight places
We think and we act as one...uh-huh
Those who've
Seen us
Know that not a thing could come between us
Many men have tried to split us up but no one can
Lord help the mister
Who comes between me and my sister
And Lord help the sister
Who comes between me and my man my man

sisters
sisters
sister don't come between me and my man

I love you Kelli and Kathi!

"I thank my God every time I remember you." Philippians 1:3

Love, Sharon

19 comments:

Lisa said...

See the sisterly resemblance! Sisters are such a blessing...enjoy yours!
PS love the song

Denise said...

What a cute bunch!! Sisters are forever friends. Love my two sisters, too. Blessings on you!

Sweet Nothings said...

You have such great sisters! It's wonderful that you're all so close! Did you notice you were all wearing black? Funny! Love you!

Mary Anne said...

Sisters are a real Blessing;-) I have two sisters also and I am very thankful for them. I enjoyed your post...a very sweet tribute to your sisters.

Have a good weekend!

Blessings,

Mary Anne @ Marigold Manor

Happy @ Home said...

My sister and I used to always sing that song together when we were growing up. It still brings back good memories for me. Sisters are truly a blessing and you are twice blessed.

Erin from Arkansas said...

I love that song and that movie.

Kelly said...

I love White Christmas!! What a beautiful and sweet post and pic, Sharon. :o) I adore my sister Lauryn, and I feel so blessed that Grace and Elizabeth have each other!

Happy weekend!

luvmy4sons said...

I have two sisters...and I agree...it is such a blessing! So glad you have yours!

A Romantic Porch said...

Yes, sisters are a blessing. I have 4 though I don't live near them or get to see them often. How wonderful that you had time together! xorachel

Kathi said...

Sharon, I'm so thankful you and Kelli are mine!! I'm sorry the music isn't playing today. The playlist is down again. Love you, Kathi

Heather said...

great song! you three have a wonderful bond.

Anonymous said...

3 Sisters --- Thats what we have in our family -
Karyl(Carol),Kristine,& Kathie

I see your mother liked "K" names with the exception of Sharon! Any story to that one? :o)
Karyl(Carol)

linda said...

I couldn't imagine life without my sisters...and I know you feel the same. They are such a blessing!

I love the song.

Sondra said...

What a sweet post. I only have one sister and we are close too. That song is so cute.

Anonymous said...

My mom and dad had 4 girls.
No boys. So I know what you mean about sisters.
I am the oldest the big
sister.
Pamela in OH

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Sharon
(((Hugz)))) You all are pretty as a picture!!! I love this sisters song as well. I have two older sisters and treasure them as well.

Hugz Lorie

Amy said...

How sweet! I have 1 sister and she is 12...I'm 30! She was a late in life baby for my parents. A HUGE blessing to them. I miss my sister...only see her maybe once a year.

Nora Lee said...

Sharon, You and your family are in my prayers. Sometimes life can just be hard and I like you are blessed with two sisters, help each other throught the hard times.

God Bless you.

TattingChic said...

What a lovely thing to have sisters to be close to! :)

This is a darling song! I love that movie, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...