Friday, March 6, 2009

Rose of Sharon news report.......

Here's a few of the big stories around our home this week. First and foremost, our second child, Cameron, moved back home last weekend! He just brought the last of his things home yesterday and he totally cleaned his apartment. This was a decision Eric and I helped Cameron make. He really wanted to save some money, so we told him to think about moving back home. He thought about it and prayed about it and here he is! It will be just a temporary stay, probably about six months or less. He is staying in the guest room.
Boy oh boy does he have a lot of stuff! He rented a little storage unit to put his big furniture and washing and dryer. Cameron and I had a little talk about the guest room and we decided that we could just leave up all the decorations, but we would clear out the drawers and the desk top so he could move in his clothes and computer and books. It is so nice to have him home! I really have hardly seen him though because of his busy schedule. He is being so sweet though and he has done the dishes, cleaned up the house in the mornings and vacuumed for me.....all without me asking! I can get used to this!
The second story this week is sickness! :0( On Monday Hayden called me from school and said he was sick. I went and picked him up and he slept and stayed on the couch all day. The next day he was much better and went to school. Then on Wednesday evening Grayson started getting it and he stayed home Thursday. Here's a picture of Grayson on the couch sick with Rachelle sitting next to him. She came over after school to visit him.
Look what she brought him.............
....yummy cookies! She is such a great girlfriend for him! They are such a cute couple too. I made chicken noodle soup and rolls for dinner and she ate with us. Grayson seems to be feeling better. Now I hope that Eric and I don't get it!
The last thing that happened this week was I got my hair color corrected. I noticed my hair breaking since I started going to a new hair dresser about 2 years ago. When I talked to her about it she told me it was new growth coming in (ya right).
Well after this last time I noticed my hair was really breaking and in terrible condition. Remember when I showed you the mayonnaise treatment? It was because I was so desperate to do something to fix my hair. I finally decided to go to a new salon and boy was I glad I did.
The two stylists who helped me analyzed my hair and set up a plan for me to get it healthy again. When I told him where I was getting my hair done they said, "Oh my gosh, you didn't go to ______ did you????" I told them that I did and they informed me that she has ruined a lot of girls hair in this town and they always do the damage control! Isn't that terrible! I guess I was a victim!

I felt better just being in their hands and I felt so good knowing that they had a plan for me. First I got a trim and then my new hair dresser, Nancy, did a color correction on my hair. Basically what she did was dye it all a darker color that is close to my natural color and then she just wove in a little bit of blond around my face.
It still looks pretty light, but it is definitely much darker than before. This is to help hide the grow out so that I won't have to dye it as often. Nancy said that my hair should be much healthier in six months and at that time she can weave in more blond, but she will do it safely and carefully.
I like it that I still have the blond highlights. I am still getting used to the dark, it just doesn't feel like me when I look in the mirror, but I know I have to do this to get my hair healthy again. Eric was acting all flirty like I was a new woman or something! :0) Oh, I almost forgot. I told Nancy that I put mayo in my hair and she said that's a great trick, but that virgin olive oil works the best. She said the molecules are so tiny that it penetrates the hair and really helps make it more healthy, strong and shiny. I'm going to try it!

Thank goodness it's Friday!!! We're not planning too much this weekend, but on Saturday Brittany and I are attending a jewelry party at the home of one of my co-workers. It should be fun! I hope that all of you have great weekends!

"The Lord provides help and protection for those who are righteous and honest. He protects those who treat others fairly and guards those who are devoted to Him." Proverbs 2:7-8


Love, Sharon

26 comments:

mardell said...

Well my goodness, Sharon! You sure have alot going on right now. I hope the boys are feeling better soon. :o) Great news about Cameron (I know how much you've missed him!) It's so nice of him to pitch in w/the chores.

Your hair looks beautiful & I like the length. I'm happy you found someone who knows what they're doing!

Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Mardell

Sharon said...

Thanks Mardell! I sure hope you have a great weekend too. Both boys seem so much better now. I have been tired lately, but no other symptoms. It will be nice when Spring gets here!

Hugs, Sharon

grey like snuffie said...

Your hair looks beautiful...it is so hard to know who to trust some days, for anything.

I had a roommate in college who was a health food freak. She inhaled tons of capsules a day of herbs and who knows what that she made herself. She used warm Olive oil on her hair...left it wrapped in a towel overnight...we used to laugh so hard...her body reeked of garlic that she inhaled and then the olive oil....she was like a walking Italian kitchen...she went way over board...but so funny. Today there are so many amazing Olive oils...mmmm, that would smell wonderful. OH...you could try the Mayo with Olive Oil..its my new favorite anyway.
Hope you have a grand weekend...and stay healthy.

luvmy4sons said...

I bet your are pleased as punch to have your son back! Hugs to you! And your hair looks great!

Mary Anne said...

I'm sorry that your boys have been sick, Sharon. Happy that they're feeling better and I sure hope everyone else stays healthy! I think your hair looks great. Glad you found a hair dresser that you're pleased with. That is so important. I've been going to the same lady for over 12 years and I love her.

I hope you have a relaxing, fun weekend.

Blessings,

Mary Anne

PS Thanks again for visiting my blog;-)

Brenda said...

Girl you have alot going on. Im sorry the boys have been sick and I sure hope you and Eric don't get it. You don't have time to be sick.
I love your hair and the color too.

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Hope your house is feeling better soon! Your hair looks great. I love the blond highlights in the front!!! I'm not sure I could ever put mayo in my hair!!! My hair is so thick I'm afraid it would never wash out and my family would come to me for their condiments!

Kelly said...

Hope everyone is all better soon, mama! You look gorgeous!

D'Rae said...

I do the olive oil thing all the time! It really does make a difference!

Heather said...

wow that was a lot in one post, lol! that's nice your son is able to come home to save some money. i did that when i was around 25. i planned on temporary but ended up staying almost 2 years, lol. it was great! i think you're hair looks great! just think you only have to be a little darker for 6 months and then you can be blonde again WITH healthy hair! it's so worth it!!!

shamrock fields said...

Dear Sharon,
Hope Hayden and Grayson are feeling better now! We have all been taking turns with various bugs the last few weeks as well. How sweet of Rachelle to bring the cookies! How nice that Cameron has moved home. Actually, the smartest thing I ever did was to live at home until I married. I was able to save enough money to make a down payment on our first home and stay at home with my babies! I'm glad my oldest will be going to college and living at home. I'm stressed out about the 10 mile commute she will have! Love your hair! It sounds like you have found a great new hair dresser--very important! Take care-
Molly

LillySue said...

Sharon- I think your hair is lovely darker! I don't know what the big thing is to be blond. If the darker is your close to natural color and the bleaching damages your hair....go natural, it really is beautiful!! Glad your little birdie is back in the nest, even if it is only for a little while!
Blessings- LillySue

Rebecca said...

Hope your family gets better, Sharon!

I LOVE your hair...love the length, love the color! Now listen to this...

In 1985 when I was about 26 I went to JC.... to gt my hair cut and permed (I now affectionately call that hair-do "housewife hair"). The gal who rolled my hair up not only wound the rollers too tight but too far apart. I asked WHY my head was burning and she said "oh...that's normal!" DUH! Anyway, when she removed the rollers half my hair was in the sink. Over the following few days even more of my hair fell out. I was devastated. It took two full years for my hair to grow out. To this day it is about two-thirds as thick as it once was...

The lesson I learned is this... Once I find stylist/colorist/cutter I loved I discreetly get her full name and home phone #. Salons discourage this practice as they was the customer to come back to THEIR SHOP...not the individual stylist. Too bad...I don't want to be bald...

LOVE your BLOG my friend. Thanks for sharing. I think you are BEEEEEAUTIFUL!

xoRebecca

Ruthie said...

Your hair is very pretty with the new highlights. Glad you found out the problem and are going to a better hairdresser.
Hugs.

Elena said...

That is so great your son is home for a while:) Hope your family is all better now and over being sick. Your hair looks great! Love the color. Have a happy weekend with your lovely family. Elena

~*Sweet Tea Diaries*~ said...

You have a beautiful family! Thanks for your comment earlier. I have enjoyed looking through your blog :)

Have a lovely weekend!

Jocelyn said...

Wow! You do have alot going on!

Logens surgery to repir his collar bone is Tuesday, and now I have the flu!

With Mom's it's always soemthing! Your hair looks fabulous!!!

You'll be back to blonde and healthy hair in no time!

Anonymous said...

Sharon you are so pretty.
I wear may hair just a little longer than yours.
So I love the length of yours. I do not like short
hair on me. My hair is
cut almost like yours!
But I have bangs.
I like mine cute like this because it is easy for me
to style. I am a strawberry blonde but with
age my hair has turned
darker so I get some red
highlights to lighten my hair. Like the sun does in the summer.
When you have time if you
do the olive oil treament
can you please show us
the girls how to do that?
Thanks! Blessing to your
family
Pamela in OH

Holly said...

Everyone in the whole world seems to have been sick recently! It's funny how whole households seem to get it at the same time isn't it!

That's so cute that your son's girlfriend made him cookies. :)

Shelley said...

Hi Sharon,hope everyone is feeling very well in your home by now. So sweet of your dear son to help with the house work. Shows his love and respect for you. You are a beautiful woman with a beautiful spirit,and a wonderful mother!
I love coming here to visit you,and your family......have a blessed weekend,dear........

Blessings,Shelley

Sharon said...

Hi Pamela! Your hair sounds pretty with the red highlights. I kind of like that the color she put in mine has some red too. If and when I do the olive oil treatment I'll let you know how it works!

Hugs, Sharon

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Oh my goodness, that's really upsetting that someone is damaging hair and still staying in business. I like your new color though. I think it looks kind of sophisticated. I should try olive oil on my hair. It's gotten a lot dryer since I went through menopause.

I hope you're having a good weekend.

Jan Parrish said...

Love your new hair style! Getting my haircut on Thursday.

I hope no one else gets sick and Gray gets well soon.

Moving back in? Not a bad idea, but it will be hard for him and maybe you too.

Sondra said...

I like your hair that color. It is not too dark, just a medium brown. Very nice. I have heard that about olive oil too, but seems to me that it would take a few washes to get it all out. I am sure it is kind of nice to have Cameron back home for awhile. I know what that is like to have them come back home. Wes has been very anxious to move out again but I really want him to save up some more money.
Sorry that you all have had that sickness thing going on too. It has been going around our house. Hope everyone is feeling well soon!

Rosemary said...

Sharon, you are going to laugh, but the first thing i noticed in your sons bedroom was the scotty dog pillow! LOL! I love it!
Glad you got the whole hair ordeal straightened out! Love the new color :) Hope the kiddos start to feel better too!
Oh, my son just moved back home too. Hes saving for a home of his own....

Sunflower Farm said...

I really like your hair like that. It looks real pretty. My favorite colour to have added is chocolate chunky streaks with some blonds. Oh maybe I am just thinking of a chocolate bar!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...