Sunday, March 8, 2009

Creation calls!




Today is Praise and Worship Sunday over at Brittany's blog. If you would like to participate just pop over to her blog and check it out. The song I picked today is called Creation Calls by Brian Doerksen of Vineyard Music. I absolutely love this song as it is about God's beautiful creation all around us and how can we deny that there is a God with all of the breathtaking beauty and creativity. I love the part of the song when he says "I believe! I believe!". I think this song is really powerful and is especially inspiring to hear during these hard economical times when it seems that all we hear is bad news. The Bible tells us to dwell on things that are good and worthy and God's creation is one of those things.

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8

My brother, Wade, gave me this song years ago on a cassette tape. We always played this tape in the camper when we were camping and it gives our whole family warm and cozy feelings. It seems like that in Oregon more times than not it rains when we camp. I have so many really good memories of sleeping at night in the camper with my husband and all four of my little boys crammed in there and we would play this song as we were falling asleep. I would hear the rain hitting the roof of the camper. I remember being out there in nature and just worship God and his majesty! This song also really makes me think of my husband and how much he loves God and God's creation. Eric is such a lover of the outdoors, he works outdoors as a logger and is up on the mountain top every day. He is in awe of God's creation and respects it so much. He also is an avid fisherman and hunter. This song makes me think of how much Eric loves nature and all of God's creation and how much he loves God.

As a side note, since I mentioned my brother Wade, I want to thank all of you for praying for him. The Lord answered one of our unspoken prayer requests and that is that he got a job! I just want to thank God and give Him the glory for answering this prayer! He still has more things going on in his life that need prayer. Could I please ask you to continue to pray for him?

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday afternoon!

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1

Love, Sharon

16 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Prayers from the Payne's.

I got to spend the day with a little girl yesterday. I sure wish I had one, but WOW she's busy busy !
I was tired !

Leah said...

I've never heard that song before...beautiful words about God's creation.

Lille meg said...

Lovely post, Sharon! Thank you for sharing!
Have a wonderful week!

Kathy said...

Loved the song and video. I've never heard it before, so thanks for sharing it! Have a beautiful and blessed week...Kathy

linda said...

This song is so beautiful it gives me goosebumps! Like your husband, I love nature and am always amazed by God's creations. How someone could not think that there is a God is beyond me! I take one look at the beauty of His creations and have to fight back tears!

momma said...

i've never heard this one before, either (like leah), but it is wonderful and powerful!!

thank you for sharing you memory of it, too!

Heather said...

really nice song. thank you for sharing it. i love your story and memories that go along with it. that's great your brother got a job! Praise the Lord for his blessings.

Sweet Nothings said...

Beautiful song! I had such a great time with you too, yesterday! See you in a few hours!

Love you!

Gail said...

Wonderful memories and a great song! That is a wonderful praise about your brother- I will remember him in prayer.

Blessings!

PS- I have my first ever giveaway on my blog tomorrow- juts wanted you to know ;)

Gail

Tanza said...

Hi Sharon,
What a wonderful,uplifting blog..It makes me want to go camping in the rain.. Sounds wonderful.. We serve an awesome God, and HIS majesty is quite BEAUTIFUL !!!How wonderful too, when we all actually acknowledge this.. Thanks for blessing meee...
hugs to you, ~tea~

Jan Parrish said...

What an encouraging post, Sharon. Have a blessed week. (((h)))

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Sharon,

We loved the video & song!!

Hey, if you get the opportunity, please say a prayer for the requests on my main page.

God bless you and your family,

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
http://www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - feel free to follow or grab a free blue button as a link (top sidebar). :)

Debra said...

This is another great song tht I've never heard. Thanks for sharing it along with your special memories and praise about your brother getting a job.

luvmy4sons said...

We go to a Vineyard church and I love Brian...so many wonderful songs. Thanks for posting this one!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful Post! I love Sundays! Worship music is such a HUGE part of my life...thank you for sharing. xoRebecca

Carol Kennon said...

Another beautiful song I've never heard. Love this one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...