Monday, March 2, 2009

BBFFs........Best Blogging Friends Forever!!!!

Saturday was a very, very special day! I finally got to meet in person two of my sweet blogging friends! My sister Kathi and I met up with Pam from My Grandkids Rock and Stephanie from The Hearts of Hartmann! Here's the four of us all together shopping for treasures!
We have been talking about this for months and finally after the new year we picked a date that worked for all of us and we met at a little restaurant that was a pretty equal distance for all of us to drive. We met at this fabulous bakery where they have all kinds of yummy choices!
I cannot describe how surreal it was to finally meet these ladies face to face after many conversations on our blogs! It's like we are all long lost sisters or something.
Pam and I getting to know each other better. We all have so much in common, we all love the Lord and our families and love our jobs as wives and mothers!
Kathi and I ready to each lunch. It's funny because we ended up eating brunch and lunch at the same restaurant!
We had fun shopping, just like old friends! Here's Stephanie and Pam digging for treasures!
We all enjoy antiques and junk stores!
Pam gave each of us a darling mug filled with all kinds of fun girly things like candles, mints and lotion. What a sweetheart! Look at the darling strips of fabric rags tied on the simple white bag, how clever is that???
I found this gorgeous ruby glass sugar bowl. I have an Avon ruby creamer and was looking for a sugar bowl. It does not match, but it coordinates good enough for now until I can find the proper mate to one or the other! It was a great price at just $2.50.
I also found this beautiful salt shaker. It is hand painted porcelain with a gold top.
I collect old hand painted china with rose patterns on them. I just love them. I thought this beauty was a great deal at $7.00.
I also found these neat salt and pepper shakers. They were only $5.00! They look so old fashioned.
Can you see the cobalt blue glass? They are glass shakers set inside an intricately cut silver cup.
They go very nicely in my cobalt and silver collection that I have sitting in an old wicker serving tray on my china hutch.
I normally don't like blues, as I am a red girl, but there is something about the old cobalt blue glassware that really talks to me.
I also found another porcelain dog (like I really need one!). I just can't resist the old terriers when I see them.
I found this darling cherry coffee mug at the second store we went to, I paid $1.00 for it. Isn't it so cute! It goes perfectly in my kitchen! When I shop on days like this I like to buy things that I love, but I also like to buy things kind of as souvenirs, so I will remember my fun day shopping and who I was shopping with at the time. Now every time I drink from this cup I will remember Stephanie and Pam! I had so much fun meeting Pam and Stephanie. We are kindred spirits and bosom friends, as Anne of Green Gables would say! I want to tell you that they are just as sweet in real life as they are on their blogs. They are the real deal. I told Kathi that we are so blessed to meet such quality people!!! Yea for girl time! I hope that we can do it again sometime soon!

"A sweet friendship refreshes the soul." Proverbs 27:9

Love, Sharon

21 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh Sharon that looks like a family Reunion. Im so happy for you. it looks like you had a blast and ow at the finds.

adsgram said...

How fun for all of you...I am happy you all met and had such a wonderful time doing what girls love best (after family and home, that is) ...eating and shopping---YAY!!!

Lynne

Barb said...

Sharon, what a special time. Thanks for sharing. Meeting friends is always so special, isn't it?

Love your finds, too!

Barb

A Romantic Porch said...

That looks so fun! Glad you got to do it! Your collections amaze me! xorachel

Heather said...

what a great day! love all your treasures you found! that doggie is really cute!

Tanza said...

Sharon,
How wonderful is that !! God is good, and honors a good heart.. He has soo much in store for all of us that seek his face !! How blessed to meet such kindred spirits in friends.. I met one of my bestest friends via ebay, and emailing each other..We also both LOVE the Lord, and it seems we have been friends forever and ever.. I thank God for Rebecca every chance I get.. Keep your eyes and heart looking up, and we will continually reap HIS blessings.. Have a wonderful, blessed day.. Hugs ~tea~

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

Sharon,
That looks like soooo much fun,Isn't blogging great, You and Kathi are so blessed to be able to do things like this.
My sister moved away and we don't get to be together very often, looking at you two reminds me of us.
What a haul you all found, loved everything.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Amy said...

How much fun! I am so glad you all were able to meet and eat and look for treasure!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Looks like you had a great day! What fun to get together with friends. Love the shopping tour!!

PamperingBeki said...

What a great time!!

I've not had the chance to meet many other bloggers so if you're ever in Kansas, come find me. :)

TattingChic said...

What a fun day! That is so cool that you got to meet some blogging buddies! You found some great finds, too! :)

shamrock fields said...

Dear Sharon,
How exciting to get to meet your blogging friends in person! I once got to meet a penpal that I had written to for years!!! That is so neat! I love God's little surprises! Also- I wanted to comment on the funny sock monkey post! My dog's favorite toy is a sock monkey, and I keep seeing cute ones that I would like to decorate with--but I know he would think they were his!!! Cute pictures!!! Bless you!!!
Molly

Elena said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun! My favorite piece was the painted salt shaker with the gold top. So, beautiful.

luvmy4sons said...

Yea for girl time! And as always such great finds! So neat to meet up with bloggy friends. Thanks for your e-mail. Will be writing you later. Hugs!

linda said...

I only wish I had been there with you guys! Looks like you had a wonderful bonding time together! I've met up with blogging friends too and now consider them dear dear friends. Glad you all had such a great time together!

Cottage Contessa said...

Oh wow, that's awesome! It looks and sounds like such a fun day for you all. The photo's of you all together look great, and you seem really comfortable together like good friend are! Lovely treasures you bought too sweetie. Have a great day Sharon!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet fun and wonderful that you girls were able to meet up.
Great Finds Sharon!
Pamela in OH

Sharon said...

Hi Lynne and Pamela! It was indeed a very special day with special friends! I hope both of you have great evenings!

Hugs, Sharon

Sondra said...

How great that you got to meet up with some of your blogger friends. It looks like you all had a wonderful time. I love all the great treasures that you found.

Sweet Nothings said...

It looks like you had such a great time! I like all the treasures you got as well! Especially the blue salt shakers!!


Love you!

Linda said...

What a neat day. New friends are the best treasures and I love the goodies you found too. A happy day you all will always remember.hugs, Linda
p.s.
I have a basket very much like yours (was my granma's) and I have it filled with similar items...I think we like very much the same things:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...