Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Victorian Valentine Tea!

Here are the pictures of our Victorian Valentine tea. We had such an amazing time! Brittany and I worked hard, but it was so worth it to just be able to provide a lovely afternoon for these beautiful women in our lives. We wanted them to walk in and feel waited on and feel like this was a very special treat.

Brittany made a delicious raspberry iced tea that we put in this gorgeous urn decanter. I found this at a garage sale! I think I paid $8.00 for it. It's funny because I bought it last summer and never used it and wasn't even thinking about it for the tea. Then Brittany asked if she could put her tea in it. Well, of course.....why didn't I think of that! Didn't it turn out pretty!
We had cucumber sandwiches, pineapple cream cheese sandwiches and egg salad sandwiches.
We also served shrimp, had a veggie tray with dip, a fruit tray, raspberry fluffy salad, sliced cheese, crackers, nuts, olives and pickles. We had cheesecake for dessert as well as special chocolate dipped cookies and chocolate candies placed strategically all over the house.
These are my two aunts and my cousin. From left to right, Aunt Maudie (she married my Dad's brother, Lester), Aunt Josephine (she is my Dad's sister) and Pam (she is Maudie's daughter).
My sister Kathi and her two girls, Victoria and Jessica.
My cute DIL enjoying herself!
Here's Maudie, Pam and Josephine eating and visiting with my friend, Brenda (from my Bag Lady group) and her daughter, Rebeka.
My husband's cousin's wife, Rebeka, her daughter, Sami, Eric's sister, Stacey and my friend, Virginia (another Bag Lady) enjoying their food and visiting.
My mother, Shirley, Eric's mother, Alice, Sami and Jill. Jill is one of my Tacky friends and Sami is her daughter.

My friend, Shannon, who also is in my Tacky group. We have been friends since high school!
We started the event by praying and then each lady made up her plate, had some tea and visited. Then we all gathered in the living room to talk. We went around the circle and each woman told a little about themselves and because it was a love themed party, we had them tell us what they love about their husband. For the girls that weren't married, they talked about either their father or the type of man they are hoping to marry. This was very special. It was so neat to hear all the different women glow when talking about their hubbies!
Then Brittany and her friend Alicia sang us a really cute song called "Your love is like ice cream". It was really good. They are so talented! They sing at our church quite often.
Me and my sister, Kathi.
Our friends, Desi and Lisa helping clean up the kitchen.
Here's Brittany and Kathi cleaning up the kitchen. What a blessing it was to have the girls help in the kitchen! They all have servant's hearts!
I am so thankful to have this beautiful day with my daughter-in-love! We had so much fun planning it and working hard all morning on it. I prayed that when my boys got married, their wives would be like daughter's to me and God answered my prayer with Brittany! I thought, I am going to treat her like a daughter and plan events like this and it was so rewarding in so many ways! After everyone left we just kept talking about it and how special it was. And the good news is, both of us really want to do it again! We sat down and actually critiqued it so next time we will do better! I am so thankful to God for all these lovely women that are in my life! I am truly blessed!

"A sweet friendship refreshes the soul." Proverbs 27:9

Love, Sharon

26 comments:

Farrah said...

What a lovely day, Sharon! I'm so happy for y'all!

gin said...

Looks like a beautiful time yall had. You will be looking forward to this every year now. Thank you for sharing.

Happy @ Home said...

Wow, those are some lucky ladies to be invited to such a lovely tea!! The food looks delicious and the raspberry tea in that beautiful urn is gorgeous. I can't believe you found that at a garage sale.

How nice that you had so many good helpers in the kitchen. Sounds like a perfect day.

LillySue said...

Sharon-
Thank you for sharing all the photos. Your home is beautiful! I love your red walls. I can tell from your blog design that red is one of your favorite colors too. I switch between pink and red as my favorite color.....some days pink....some days red. I could so see me in your pink and chocolate dress..LOVE IT!!
Blessings- LillySue

Anonymous said...

Its always lovely to read your posts.I eagerly wait for it everyday.( no pressures)

P

My Grandkids ROCK said...

Sharon your tea party sounds like so much fun. I wish I was there to tell you about my husband. I would tell you about how I fell in love with him the first time I saw him. (I was a freshman and he was a junior in highschool) I would tell you about getting married at 18 and thinking I was the luckiest girl in the world. I would tell you there are days that you will fight and that is normal but making up is fun. I would tell you to not sweat the small stuff, use every opportunity to just be happy. Laugh alot. Don't take any thing for granted. Love them like there's no tomorrow. I did.
And I wish with all my heart that I could hold him and tell him how much I love him. That's all... Have a great day and give Eric a big hug when he gets home tonight. See you Saturday. Pam

Jocelyn said...

How fabulous! You are such an amazing Hostess! Those women are lucky to be on the "A" list at your house!

We will be in your neck of the woods soon, we should meet for lunch.

Amy Ellen said...

Lovely pictures. It looks like everyone was enjoying themselves.
Hugs
Amy

Amy Ellen said...

Lovely pictures. It looks like everyone was enjoying themselves.
Hugs
Amy

Heather said...

what a great party. everything looks wonderful. I never realized Kathi was your sister! I follow her blog too, lol.

Amy said...

How fun! Looks like you ladies had a great time of fellowship!

Anonymous said...

Thank You! for sharing your Tea Party-- looked like a lot of fun! I use to go to a tea room with a special lady as she had no daughters. It was special and have nice memories as that special lady has since went to be with the Lord-- sure miss her but have the memories! Thanks again for sharing!
Karyl (Carol)

Cottage Contessa said...

All I can say is...."WOW"! You and Brittany are just awesome together sweetie. Oh how my daughter and I would have loved being a guest at this wonderful Valentine's party too! Have a lovely day Sharon!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

lady jane said...

What a wonderful time and how sweet to put this together with your daughter-in-love. :o)

About the pineapple cream cheese sandwiches..is there anything else in them? Can you share the measurements? Thanks! I love pineapple.

Where My Treasure Is said...

You two make wonderful hostesses!! Great job!

-Kari

mardell said...

Oh my!! Love it, love it!! You gals are the best! :o)

Truly sweet beyond words. (Insert happy tears here!)
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Sharon everything looked so scrumptious! You and Brittany out did yourselves. What a positive way to start the party with what everyone loves about their hubby (or father). I'm sure the Lord is smiling on you and Brittany! Love, Lilly

Sweet Nothings said...

I had such a wonderful time planning and preparing the tea with you! Can't wait to do it again!

Love you!

luvmy4sons said...

How lovely! Everything looked wonderful! What a fun time you all had and what a precious memory you created!

Mrs.Ruiz said...

What sweet memories:)

shamrock fields said...

Dear Sharon,
Thanks for your sweet comments and for posting more pictures of the tea party! What a sweet idea to host it with your sweet daughter in law! The tea in the decanter is beautiful. I love the red glasses. Your living room is so pretty! The Raspberry Fluffy dessert still catches my eye--I'll have to try it sometime. God bless you!
Molly

~~Deby said...

oh what a beautiful tea, Sharon..looks like everyone was having such a great time..evrything looks delicious...would love to know how you make the pineapple cream chees sandwiches too...
Deby

Anonymous said...

Love how you always seem to have such special plates or glassware to go with your season. I love collecting plates and changing them out for our family dinners.

Kathi said...

Sharon, Thank you for such a lovely time. YOu and Brittany made all of us feel so special and loved. Love you so much, Kathi

TattingChic said...

It looks like everyone had a very nice time. :)

Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

Look at all the smiles on everyone - that says it all! This just looks sooooo neat - My hubby does all the cooking (Thank you Lord!) but I would soooo love to be able to put together a tea party like this! I could surely use a friend to show ME how you do it? Can I come over and help? You look so organized - and you accomplish so much - you just amaze me! That is so neat!!! I too am glad you blog! You inspire a lot of people!

Hugs from Michigan - Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...