Sunday, February 1, 2009

Good times with Cameron........

Here's Hayden, myself and Cameron waiting in the lobby of a restaurant a few weekend's ago.
My hubby, Eric, took us all out for a wonderful dinner. We started a new thing around here and it is working out great. We missed our son, Cameron, so much because we just were not seeing him that often, so I talked with him and asked him if we could try something. There actually were two reasons behind this. He was missing a lot of church because he just was not getting out of bed on Sunday mornings. So, I suggested that he start coming over on Saturday evenings, hang out with us, spend the night and then go to church with us in the morning.
He thought it sounded like a great plan and four weeks ago he came over.
He has been here every Saturday night and Sunday morning since then and it has been working out awesome! We are all feeling so much closer to him and he is feeling closer to us. He was playing cards with Hayden and they have not done that for a long time.
I made cookies and we all watched, Tremors!
We went out for Mexican food with Eric's parents, Jim and Alice and it was so fun to have Cameron join us too. Eric's parents were so nice and they paid the bill!
Last weekend Eric, Cameron and I drove to the coast to watch Grayson and Hayden play basketball. We had such a wonderful, fun drive. We talked for two hours both ways and we went out for dinner. We had fun sitting on the bleachers watching the boys play basketball.
Here's Hayden playing on the Freshman team. He's #3.
And here's Grayson playing, he's the one holding the ball. I think it has been really wonderful to spend time with our son again like this and for him to hang out with his brothers.
It is really wonderful to have Cameron walk down those stairs on Sunday mornings and have coffee with us too. Oh, what's that on the computer.....is he reading Rose of Sharon? LOL!

I just wanted to share this little idea with you mothers out there that are feeling a little distant from a child that has moved out and is not married. Sit down and talk to them and tell them the importance of spending time with the family and to have that accountability with the family. Then figure out something simple and easy that works out with both of your schedules so that you can see them and they can be part of the family. It has worked out great that Mackenzie and Brittany come over on Sunday nights, but that did not work well with Cameron's schedule. At first I was thinking that was the only option until we thought of this new Saturday night tradition. Last night when Cameron came over and started making himself at home in the kitchen finding his favorite food, he said "I really like coming over here and hanging out, I miss everyone and miss all the busyness."

I am so grateful that the Lord has answered this prayer for me. I was really missing my son and now I am seeing him every week and many times it is more than once a week. It is really wonderful.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

Love, Sharon

15 comments:

Kathi said...

Sharon, God is so good!!! I'm so happy for this new schedule and that Cameron can still be included and part of the family action, even though he's living on his own. He is so cute. Looks like you've all been busy and having fun. Love you, Kathi

luvmy4sons said...

Sow awesome that your son welcomed this idea! What a blessing for you and such good accountability for him.

Anonymous said...

What a good idea! Karen

Cottage Contessa said...

This is such an awesome post sweetie. What a wonderful new tradition! Have a great day Sharon!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Mrs.Ruiz said...

What a wondeful idea, thanks for sharing:)

gin said...

Ahh, those times will always be remembered. So glad you get to see him at least once a week. It's hard to let them go. You're proud of them reaching adulthood, but there is always that need to know that they are ok. I struggle with that with our 3 kids. We do see them each every week and do talk to them on the phone everyday. I just have to have that family-knit thing going on too.

shamrock fields said...

Dear Sharon,

What a very sweet post! What a wonderful reminder that God cares about all of the things going on in our lives! Your blog has been a huge inspiration to me over the past year. I have just started a blog. I would love for you to visit it sometime--I'm not sure if anyone else can see it or not! It took me a couple of hours to make the first post! Here is the address: http://shamrockfields.blogspot.com
Thank you again for your wonderful posts!
Molly

grey like snuffie said...

celebrating with you

Sondra said...

That is so wonderful that he will spend his Saturday nights with you. When Billy and Wes lived on their own it was difficult to get them to come over and they would never spend the night. Billy has found an apartment and will be moving out again in a few weeks. Truthfully, I am sort of ready for him to go. He really needs to learn the responsibility. Of course I will worry about him everyday again.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sharon,

I think I gave you the wrong address for my new blog. You can reach it at: http://shamrocks4him.blogspot.com (you should see a picture of my poodle). I am quite the beginner blogger--I have made a lot of mistakes! Sorry for the wrong information. God bless you!
Molly

jennifer said...

I am rejoicing with you over the time that you have had with Cameron and the fact that he is in church with you!! A very happy post!

Sharon said...

Hi Molly,

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I am so glad that you are enjoying it. I tried both of your addresses and they did not work. Could you please send it to me again and I'll try it again.

Have a great week!

Sharon

mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
So, so sweet! :o) What a great arrangement. Cameron is so cute!
Have a great day.
Hugs,
Mardell

Becky K. said...

That blesses my heart so much!

I love that your family is continuing to be close even through the growing up and out stages.

Becky K.

Jan Parrish said...

Those cookies are making me hungry. I guess I'd better log off and go to bed. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...