Sunday, February 15, 2009

Light the Fire Again!



Brittany, my sweet daughter-in-law over at Sweet Nothings, is hosting Praise & Worship Sunday, please go over there and join her if you would like! Please turn down the music on my sidebar and then click the arrow on the video to start it.

I love this song. I love what it is saying, "Don't let our love grow cold, I'm calling out, light the fire again, don't let our vision die, I'm calling out, light the fire again". I have times when I just don't feel like I am close to God and this song really helps me get perspective. I pray to God and worship Him with a contrite spirit and ask Him to light the fire again. It doesn't always happen right away, but it does happen. God is so faithful and good!

My dear brother, Wade, is the one who gave me this song about twenty years ago and I would actually like to dedicate this song to him because he is going through a tough time right now. So many of my wonderful worship CDs and tapes are from my sweet brother (and also my sister, Kathi). Can I ask you ladies out there to please pray for my brother for an unspoken request? He has a very heavy heart and a huge burden upon him right now and our whole family is asking God for a miracle. Thank you!

I pray that you have a delightful Sunday!

Praise God!

"From the rising of the sun to its going down the Lord's name is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Hugs, Sharon

10 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

I love so many of Brian's songs! We sing many at our church. You havea wonderful family and a special heart of compassion...praying for your family today.

Jesus,
You know what is heavy on his heart. Guide him, lead him. You have promised to give wisdom to those who ask and to lead us when we lean not on our own understanding. I claim these promises for him and pray Your blessing upon him and his situaion that he know the path You desire. Open up doorways and close others that he might clearly hear Your voice behind him saying this is the way that he should go. We thank You that You can do exceedingly, abundantly, more than we ask or imagine and that we can come to the throne room to ask for grace and help in time of our need. You, Jesus, interecede for us at the right hand of the Father and are sovereign over it all..comfort him in this time of heaviness and bring him into the light of Your grace, mercy, and peace. In Jesus name. Amen.

Lille meg said...

Yes, Sharon, I will pray for your brother.God knows, and we doesn't need to tell him what to do.
God bless you and your family.

jen said...

Saying a prayer for your brother right now-

Have a great Sunday-

Jennifer

Sweet Nothings said...

This IS such a great song! Mackenzie heard it playing and said he remembers it playing throughout the house growing up! It brought him good memories!

We're praying for Wade! Love you.

See you tonight.

Kathi said...

Sharon, This song brings back so many memories. You gave it to me when Stacey's dad, John, was in the hospital. I felt so helpless during that time. I played the album all week and then after he died I kept playing it. It really comforted me.
I'm glad you asked for prayer for Wade. I'm praying a lot for him too. We saw something about the protein in our body. There is one particular one that holds everything in our body together. If you look at it under a microscope it is in the shape of a cross. AWESOME. Love, Kathi

Anonymous said...

Dear Sharon,

Prayers sent. Good to see such love in families. God bless. Lilly

Beth said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. Charlie loves pirates, Jack too. I'm saying a prayer for Wade.
Beth

Pearl said...

Hi Sharon... I just left from visiting with Kathi... as you can tell, I'm behind again... Please know that I have called Wade's name to the Lord in prayer... and I will keep him in prayer, along with you and the rest of your family... How very blessed we all are to have such an amazing Father in God... He brings such comfort to my heart... I hope that you're doing alright... I'm off to read more...
God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Sharon said...

Thank you everyone for your prayers for my brother. He really needs them. You are all so very sweet and kind!

Big, warm hugs, Sharon

Elena said...

That is a beautiful worship song and it brings back many memories for me. I will lift up your brother in prayer that God will meet his every need. Blesisngs, Elena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...