Thursday, January 29, 2009

This is my day OFF?????

More often than not, after I hug & kiss my sons and wave goodbye to them from the front porch as they drive off to school, when I walk back into the kitchen this is what I see! There are messes everywhere!
Pretty much every inch of counter space is covered with something!
It is like a bomb went off from the frantic making of breakfasts and lunches and taking medicine!
There's evidence of an orange that someone ate.
As well as a sink full of dirty dishes.
There's the remains of a healthy egg and toast breakfast!
The incredible, edible egg!
Evidence of a ham sandwich quickly made for a packed lunch!
Almost every cabinet door has been left open!
It's not just the men of the house that leave the messes! There's my gloves, keys, coffee cup, Bible, purse, cheater glasses and a note to myself!
This is how I usually start my day off after the family all leaves. They do know how to clean up after themselves, but on busy mornings if they are running late, this is what remains! I am so used to this and get it cleaned up pretty quickly. It's just hard to understand why it gets so messy when we usually go to bed with a clean kitchen! I guess we are always in such a big hurry that it just gets this way.
So, I dig in and start cleaning and in no time it is so much better!
I always feel so much better when my house is clean, but I know it will just get messy again tomorrow! That's okay, it means my house is full of people that I love! Do any of you have similar issues that you face every morning?

Have an awesome day!

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands." I Thessalonians 4:11

Hugs, Sharon

17 comments:

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh my, over and over again. But your kitchen looks beautiful. xo rachel

Connie said...

Same issues wives have had for eons, chickee! Only I have just me and hubs home now. The man doesn't know what it's like to turn out a light, shut a cabinet door or WIPE UP BREAD CRUMBS! I'll keep him though because he loves me more than anyone else in this world, honey. ;-_
Smooches,
Connie

Farrah said...

Mine ususally looks like this at night. The boys will have their school stuff everywhere, dinner dishes and food and stuff. I think it brings character to a house because that means that its lived in.

My Grandkids ROCK said...

EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!! Pam

Judy said...

I can totally relate to this post. I am with you, I love a clean house but I figure I'm not raising a house, I'm raising a family.
Have a wonderful day off.
Hugs,
Judy

Sweet Nothings said...

I know what you mean! It's just the two of us and I often feel that way when I come home from work. It's so much better when it's all nice and cleaned afterward. It really helps my stress level if I clean before I leave, however that doesn't always happpen!

For the most part though, it seems like messes like that can be cleaned very quickly. (Not like the mess Kenzie and I bought into when we received the house!)

Hope you have a great day! I've got a very busy one and won't be home until around 8. I wasn't able to post last night because of the church meeting. I'll have to post tomorrow! :) Love you!

kal said...

Oh everyday is a cleaning challenge. I leave to go to work with a clean kitchen and come home to a mess! I keep reminding myself that one day my kids will be gone & I will miss their mess.

luvmy4sons said...

Sure looked pretty when you were done. Every morning? Ha! Being here 24/7 home schooling means I do that at least 10-20 times a day...mine never stop snacking between meals...putting up gaming devices, thrown down blankets and pillows on the floor in the living room in addition to the messes CONTINUALLY in the kitchen. I try to train them and try to get them to do as our rules say, "If you make a mess you clean it up. If you take it out you put it away. If you turn it on you turn it off. We do not create unnecessary work for others!" BUT...usually I just go about all the time straightening and putting away without thought!

Desari Elise said...

Living with boys...kitchen counter tops like that are bound to happen!

Linda said...

I can identify with this:). One things for sure, the kitchen has to be neat and tidy when I go to bed....I love to walk into a clean kitchen each morning, have a cuppa, light my little candle and then everthing starts all over.....hugs, Linda

Hootin' Anni said...

I would go 'bananas' if my kids left that kind of mess! But ohhhhhhhhhh, I LOVE the finished job you did. My kind of kitchen. LOL

Happy Friday to you Sharon. And you have an awesome day too.

Mrs.Ruiz said...

I had cramps yesterday so for $10 my dear son cleaned the entire house for me:)

Kim said...

This reminds me of my kitchen every Monday morning! Friday evening it is spotless and though I try to keep up with it on Saturday and Sunday I am outnumbered. With my two men in the house getting a drink or snack I fall further behind as the weekend progresses.
But, I don't want to spend all my time in the kitchen instead of with the men that I love.

Kathi said...

Whew! And I thought it was just me. Yes, I can totally relate dear sister. I love you pretty and cozy house. You've got it all cleaned up. It looks so pretty.

My computer is giving me trouble. I am not able to shrink or crop my photos. I can still post, but it is difficult. Please pray for my PC; thanks sweetie. Love ya, Kathi

Anonymous said...

Nope. We are empty nesters
and have been for about 12 years. But I make the mess when I cook dinner. :=)
But I always have a neat
clean and orderly kitchen
every morning.
Gods Blessings
Pamela in OH

Mariel said...

I think that's something we can ALL relate to as women. How can the kitchen possibly get messy so fast?? It's a mystery to me.

Fun blog.

www.oneshetwoshe.blogspot.com
www.wangsgards.blogspot.com

Jan Parrish said...

Boy do I ever relate to that. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...