Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sweet boy........

I wanted to show you something cute that my son, Hayden, did for me back in November. I have been wanting to share this with you, but with the busyness of the holidays, I never did. One day in November the kids didn't have school because of a grading day or something and I, unfortunately, had to work. I am really blessed though and my job is only two minutes from my house, so I told the boys I would be coming home for lunch. Grayson had plans with Rachelle, so I told Hayden that I would love to have lunch with him on my lunch hour and he said that would be great.

When I got home, he was playing basketball in the street and he came running up to me as I was getting out of the car. He said, "Hi Mom, I'm not hungry because I had a late breakfast, but I made your lunch, it's on the front porch. I thought you could sit there and eat and watch me play basketball". Oh, be still my heart........isn't that the most precious thing! How thoughtful of him!
I told him thank you and walked up to the porch and this is what I found. He had my lunch all laid out for me and carefully covered it with a paper towel so that bugs would not get on it!
Wow! Now this is a big lunch! It's left over stuffed crust pizza, chips, peaches, diet Pepsi and cake for dessert! How thoughtful!
So, I sat on the porch and ate my wonderful lunch and watched my son play basketball!
This was my view from the porch. Can you see the ball in the air in the middle of the picture? I wonder if he made a basket?
His friend, Daniel, dropped by and shot a few hoops with Hayden.
This is something we have done for years, I go outside where my kids are and I either play with them or I sit near by and watch them. For kids there is something special about having mom watch! Do you guys get that too? It starts when they are little, "come watch me ride my trike Mama", so cute! I always tried to watch them when they asked because first of all I really loved to watch them, but secondly, I knew this was building their self esteem when I would watch and marvel at their talents! :0)
What a nice lunch hour I had on that day! I thank God for this boy and for all the little moments of joy that he gives me!

"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God." Philippians 1:3

In Him ~ Sharon

23 comments:

Kelly said...

That is such a great story, how proud you must be ....and they just love you so much! What blessings!
Have a great day Sharon!

Love,
Kelly

TattingChic said...

That is oh, so incredibly sweet! What a great son!

Brenda said...

Now that is the sweetest Sharon. You sure are raising these boys right,but I have a feeling they are watching a wonderful dad show them a few things too. This is the kind of a boy that someday will make a wonderful husband.

Judy said...

This post really choked me up...I'm guessing because we just had one move out and one is getting married and we only one left at home for us to raise yet. I'm hanging on the her for as long as I can.
Hugs,
Judy

Michelle said...

You have such sweet, thoughtful sons!

grey like snuffie said...

that is so sweet...

Kathi said...

Sharon, How awesome. You have raised a boy who is full of character and love. What a sweet blessing. I'm so happy for you. Love ya, Kathi

Happy @ Home said...

Aww ~ it just doesn't get any better than that, does it?

What a sweet son you have.

Jan Parrish said...

How sweet is that. He is so much like my own dear son. Treasure these moments. You are blessed.

luvmy4sons said...

That story actually brought tears to my eyes...as a mother of sons I know just how truly special this is...No wonder you wanted to share it. I would give you a great big hug if could!

Amy said...

How thoughtful of your son! His future wife is going to be one lucky lady!

Mrs.Ruiz said...

You raised wonderful boys:)

Elena said...

He's a real jewel:)

Rosemary said...

Awwwww, yall have done such a great job with your boys :)

Linda said...

What a special son, and he sure makes a great lunch...hugs, Linda

Ashley @ Domestic Fashionista said...

That is so cute! What great insight about being watched as a child. I am not a mother yet but can see how this relates to my own life of wanting to be "watched" by my parents. Great point...I will have to remember this one when I am a mom! :)

Sweet Nothings said...

So sweet of Hayden to make lunch for you! I bet he really enjoyed you watching him play, too!

Love you!
Brittany

Sondra said...

I love sitting out and watching my boys play too! I still do it. But I have to say, mine have never fixed me lunch. That is SO thoughtful of him. What a sweet kid!

nannykim said...

Pat yourself on the back--that is a coooooooooooooool son!!! I know we give God the credit, but you had a hand in it ;-)

Ruthie said...

What a special treat. You have some great boys!
Hugs.

Holly said...

Hi, Sharon, I'm Holly! I've been here before but visited through my devotional blog- so you might not recognize me.

Oh, my! This post brought tears to my eyes and made me miss my boys so much! So precious....

Last Summer, my 26 year old son came for a visit and just for fun he kept saying, "Watch Moma-watch!" ;> He was my biggest "watch me" boy!

(My Grandfather used to have one of those black kitty clocks that you have in your side bar. That thing scared me to death! Ha!)

Come see me sometime!

~ Hearts ~

Anonymous said...

How thoughtful and what a great lunch he made for you!
Pamela

Sharon said...

Thanks Pamela!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...