Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ooops.......my bad!

Whoops! On Friday morning I got up real early and took a walk with my neighbor, Shelley, (we walk three times a week). I left at 6:00 am and came back home at 7:00 am. I always lock the door before I leave, and when I came home I used my keys to get back in. About an hour and 15 minutes later after a big pancake breakfast, the boys were leaving for school and I walked them to the door, walked out onto the porch with them and hugged them goodbye and wished them a good day. Hayden turned and looked at the front door, pointed and said "Uh,oh." I turned and looked and there were my keys still in the door lock! They had been there the whole time! Oh my goodness, what a ding dong I am! I remembered that I was fiddling with our cat because he was trying to get in when I came home from my walk and I didn't want him to come in. Some how I forgot to pull my keys out of the door! I'm so glad that the bogyman did not come and get in! To be honest, I have done this before and left them there all day long or all night long and so have my kids. Praise the Lord for protecting us and our home!

Like I said, "Ooops, my bad!"

Hope you have a great Sunday afternoon! God bless you today!

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

Hugs, Sharon

14 comments:

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Good think he found them and you didn't go crazy looking for them:)

Kathi said...

Sharon, I'm so thankful for the many times the Lord has protected your family and ours too. I've done the same thing. Have a wonderful day. Love, Kathi

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Just came across your blog this morning. We have a 22 year old son as well but our 18 year old is a daughter. Glad things turned out OK with the keys...I have the opposite problem...I keep locking myself OUT!

southern queen bee said...

Oh wow that is great that you get up and go walk. What a way to start the day. Have a great week..MISSY

linda said...

That is soooo something that I would do! I have become so forgetful with age.

Linda said...

I've done the same thing myself, thank goodness you were being watched over..me too....hugs, Linda

Lille meg said...

I must say lucky you who found your keys! I can tell you I have lost one of my outdoor keys, and have now idea where it is!
It has been missed for weeks.
But nothing has been taken from my house, so I guess the key must be somewhere here.......It is not fun.
I wish you a good week!

Sondra said...

I am so glad the bogyman did not come and get you either :) The other night I left my keys in my ignition all night. I also had all the keys to the car lot on there. That could have been a disaster as I live in a not so good neighborhood. I thank God too that he was looking out for me.

Sweet Nothings said...

Praise the Lord for protecting you guys! Its a good thing you don't live in a very busy neighborhood! You never know what could happen. It's so easy to get sidetracked though and God was there to protect!

Love you!

Lori said...

Sharon,
Shhhh, I've done the same thing, all night! What a wonderful day with Gray and he let you take pictures! Boy you sure scored some goodies, love the red tile and vintage heart! If a sec please stop by and cast a vote for me! Lori

Ruthie said...

Woops! I guess we've all done that once in our lives.
I loved the post about your day with Gray. That's so true - we need to be available to be with them whenever they have time. If our daughters call and want to spend time with us, we drop everything to be with them. Other things can wait. :)
Hugs.

jennifer said...

Now that sounds like something that I would do.

Read you post below too. Glad you got some time with Grayson. And I knew you would start showing some Valentine's Day things soon!

Kelly said...

Oh Boy! lol we have *all* been there! Thank the Lord for our safety!

Ashley @ Domestic Fashionista said...

I did this once but I left them there overnight! I went to look for my keys in the morning and couldn't find them! I took another key and on my way out sitting in the lock ALL NIGHT...at an apartment! eek!

I am laughing at your husband's pillow tower...too funny! And hording the shrimp...hillarious!

:) Ashley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...