Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Life's a bowl of cherries.... or is it "Life is cheery with cherry bowls"?

Just wanted to share with you guys some new purchases! I found these brightly colored cherry red bowls at two different stores. As you know, I just LOVE red and they fit right into my kitchen decor!


The three big huge bowls in the back are from Walmart and they cost around $2.00 each. They are perfect for a nice big bowl of buttery popcorn or for mixing up a batch of cookies. I found all the other bowls at Dollar Tree, the smaller sizes were either three for $1.00 or two for $1.00 and larger ones were $1.00 each. I just loaded up. I think after being married for 26 years, a lot of my kitchen supplies have worn out or faded. It is fun to buy things like this to cheer up the joint!
The Dollar Tree also had these fun red and white kitchen towels and pot holders. I love how bright and cheery they are!
These red and white checked hand towels fit right at home in my kitchen! I love em!
I also found this cutie at a thrift store. It was only .50 cents!!! I think it is supposed to be a Christmas ornament, but I'm going to use it in my kitchen year-round. Isn't it cute! It reminds me of the old vintage Fiestaware pitcher. I hung it on the end of my little bookshelf that stands between the kitchen and dining room. I think it's the perfect spot!
It's just a pop of color to brighten up my kitchen and cheer up my day!

Thank you so much for your kind words of support and friendship regarding my selfish shrimp confession yesterday! Thank you for not judging me or rejecting me, and for still being my friend! Actually, it sounds like most of you have done very similar things! Tee hee!

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

I hope you have a blessed day!

Love & hugs, Sharon

22 comments:

Connie said...

Ooooooh I love red also with my PINK house, sweet chickee. I have a metal red bowl speckled with white that I got at Cost Plus a couple of years ago and use it whenever I can. I'll have to show it again soon as it is that bright cherry cheery red also.
Smooches,
Connie

Michelle said...

Red really is such a happy color! I like your new purchases. Dollar Tree gets some cute things in stock. We've got those stores here in MI, too.

Happy Wednesday to you!

~~Deby said...

I too love red with my pink or is it pink with red..either way, Sharon...oh those touched are great and fit in..I call it adding a few touches of whimsy...that is my word for it...the dots etc...
so cute...as usual....
Deby

Linda said...

Love the red bowls and the bright and cheery towels...a new touch of color just lifts your spirit...hugs, Linda

grey like snuffie said...

It all looks so happy. The little pitcher is adorable. It is nice after being married for so long to have new towels and such. I never used to be a red person and it seems to have hit me recently...I want a deep, rich RED wall in my house so badly. However most of my friends who tried red paints never ended up with red walls....it seems to be such a hard color to work with...to get the tone right. But someday...

Carol said...

I'm headed to Dollar Tree! I love those towels! Have a wonderful day!
Blessings,
Carol

Amy said...

I love red too! My kitchen is full of red items and am always looking for more. I'm going to the Dollar Tree this week!!

Polly said...

I love your style! It is so refreshing and, by the way I do adore your red pitcher and read and white Dollar Tree dish Towels. You are my kind of lady! I am amazed at what adorable things we can find in such unexpected places. I will be back.

Mrs.Ruiz said...

I love how you always find great bargains:)

Sondra said...

That little red pitcher is so neat! Great find.

luvmy4sons said...

Such cute ideas you always have! Love them!

Sharon Kay said...

Sharon, I like you ,love the color red you can find it in every room in my little cottage I have taken a few decorating classes and they say every room needs a touch of red. We just happen to have a little more then most. Wish you lived next door because we like so many of the same things......Sharon K

Kim said...

I also love red in the kitchen. It's a great color for valentine's day, July 4th or Christmas. Just add a napkin for the right season and it looks so festive!

Holly said...

Hi, Sharon!

Your red back gound is so cheery! I use red in my kitchen and I have those big bowls from Walmart, too! I actually used one of them for a planter last summer. I didn't put dirt in it- just set another pot down inside. it really brightened up the front of the house which is too Green!

I want those towels!!! ;> My Dollar tree closed down and now the closest one is miiiiles away! :< BUT! I have a friend who lives near it so I'll ask her to go scout it out for me!

Your little pitcher is so cute and it found the perfect spot. :>

Judy said...

I'm loving that cute little red pitcher.

southern queen bee said...

Oh your little red pitcher looks so cute on the side of your self...Red is such a happy color.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

All those red things do look cheerful. And now you're all read for Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

Those are just too cute!
Sharon does your kitchen
have red in it or is that burgandy?
In our finished basement
in our media room I have
all neutral with touches of red.
Of course myself being a
natural redhead/strawberry
blonde. That color red goes
well eith me! :=)
Gods Blessings
Pamela

Sharon said...

Hi Pamela,

I have all shades of red, but I started with burgundy, so there is lots of burgundy. The walls in my living room, dining room and entry way are burgundy, but red coordinates with it really well. Your media room sounds beautiful!

Have a great evening!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sharon! I just love
the color Burgndy. I have it in my Great Room my Kitchen my Formal Dining and my
Breakfast Nook.
Your blog is such a gift!
And brings so much joy to my life. On my previous post my word verification
was reds! :=) I was surprised!!
Pamela

TattingChic said...

Those are darling red bowls! I'm loving the splash of red the little pitcher makes on the end of that bookcase! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Sharon - which thrift store did you find the little red pitcher ? I think I may have donated that after my last sale in November - how funny. Or sad, that I didn't think of you first. I know the one I donated still had the 'seasons' tag on it as well. love you ! now I'll know to save my red things for the 'Free Tacky' box ! LOL
jill - jillsibbald.typepad.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...