Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!

I would like to wish all of you out there in blogland a very happy 2009! I also wanted to share with you my little New Year decorations, tell you how I did on last years resolutions, share with you my new resolutions and show you pictures of what we did last night! Above is my little display in the kitchen window. I have kind of a little silvery snow scene happening. I have three cut out metal words with white sparkly glitter on them saying, peace, hope and dream, that I placed here and there in my display.
I put some of the cute little reindeer that I won from Deena at Pretty in Pink last year. They are sitting with my snow babies.
Isn't this just the cutest face! I found this little snow baby last week at the Goodwill after Christmas sale. I love her and I only paid .25 cents for her!!!
I also have this vintage post card; it is not dated, but I am guessing it's from the early 1900s. I love the three sweet fat little birds.
I have this little baby New Year sitting in a bunch of white berries in front of a candle on the counter.
How did you do with your New Year's resolutions for 2008? Click here to read my resolutions from last year. I went back and color coded them so you can see which ones I accomplished and which ones I didn't. I accomplished 7 out of my 12 goals, and accomplished a worthy effort on 4 of the others, so I didn't do too badly.
This year my New Year's resolutions are:

1. Stay close to the Lord and spend time in prayer and worship as well as time reading his precious Word. Continue to grow in Him and continually learn from Him. Live my life for Jesus and let my life be a light for Him in my little world here in this little town.

2. Have a loving, peaceful home with our family. Continue to do all the traditional family things even though our family keeps changing and evolving. Have our home be a place of love and security, a sanctuary to all who come here.

3. Get back on my weight loss program and lose ten pounds. I did this last fall before the wedding and lost ten pounds out of my fifteen pound goal, but I have gained back five. I have much more enthusiasm to do this since I was able to do it in the fall, I know I can do it again! Also, eat better with more fruits and veggies, more fiber, less sugar, more water, etc.

4. Continue to do my walking three days a week for 45 minutes with my neighbor and friend, Shelley. Add in push-ups, sit-ups and weights.
5. Down load all our pictures on the computer from 2007 to current to Wal-Mart and print them. Back up photos on a disk.

6. Get Grayson's scrap book completed for his high school graduation in June of 2009.
7. Make our backyard cute this year with lots of flowers, new patio furniture (new to us anyway, it could be used!) and plant a vegetable garden and an herb garden this year.

8. Start sewing! This is something that my daughter-in-law, Brittany, and I want to do together.
9. Learn how to play cribbage from Hayden! This was on my list last year and we never did it. I am hoping we will do it in 2009!

10. Organize recipes and meal planning.

11. Get back to living really frugal with these uncertain economical times.
We had such a fun New Year's eve last night! I was kind of worried about what we were going to do because for the past ten years we have gone out of town and stayed in the mountains or at the coast for a few nights with the whole family on New Year's Eve. This year my husband said he didn't think it would be wise to spend that kind of money with the economy, so we stayed home. We decided to start with an early movie. Eric and I, Grayson and Rachelle and Hayden met Cameron at the theater. Mackenzie and Brittany could not make it.
We saw Australia, which is an EXCELLENT movie! I loved it. It has something for both women and men, it is action packed, but also has a neat love story. It's really good, I highly recommend it.
After the movie we went to a Chinese buffet style restaurant.
This was really good and fun! These types of places are so wonderful because there is no waiting for your food! :0)
I laughed at the difference is Grayson and Rachelle's plates. Above is Grayson's.............
.........and here is Rachelle's! Grayson even went back for seconds! LOL!
Here's Grayson and Rachelle. They are coming up on their one year "going steady" anniversary! She has been such a neat blessing in his life and a sweet addition to our family!
Here's Hayden. He had two huge plates too! He's a growing boy after all! Cameron didn't go to dinner with us after the movie because he was so tired from getting up at 2:45 am and he had to get up again this morning at 2:45 am, so he needed to get to bed.
But Mackenzie and Brittany were able to join us for dinner and that was really fun! This is their first New Year's as a married couple! :0) What a blessing Brittany has been to Mackenzie and she too is such a delightful addition to our family. It is neat to see a relationship growing between Brittany and Rachelle too!
After dinner Mackenzie and Brittany did their own thing, Grayson and Rachelle went to her parents house for a party and Eric, Hayden and I went to a big fun party with the same group of people who came to our Christmas party. All the kids were there, so Hayden had a fun time too. It was a very fun party with good food and good friends.

Upon reflecting on the last year, there were some big changes and wonderful blessings! The biggest being our first born got married! The Lord blessed me with a new wonderful job and we had many, many fun moments with our family. We had lots of company and did a lot of entertaining this year, which was marvelous! We are so thankful that our family has been healthy and safe throughout 2008. We also had our share of difficult times, but the Lord was with us through it all!

Eric and I had a beautiful 2008 and are excited to see what the Lord has in store for us for 2009! My prayer is for all of you out there, my dear friends, that you have a blessed and prosperous 2009!

"Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun." Psalm 37:3-6

Love and hugs, Sharon

13 comments:

Sondra said...

Happy New Year to you too!

luvmy4sons said...

Happy New Year to you too! I want to back up my pictures and print them off at Wal-Mart as well! I am posting lots of pcitures of our Christmas break on Monday! You have inspired me to take more photos!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Good new year's resolutions. I posted mine today too.

Happy New Year!

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
Just wanted to wish you Happy New Year! I love the pictures of Christmas morning with your family, they're really sweet.
Love, Velvia

TattingChic said...

I have enjoyed your blog posts and comments on my blog throughout 2008 and look forward to many more in 2009! Happy New Year!!!

Linda said...

Happy New Year Sharon. All the best to you and yours in 2009 and success in all you the goals you have set...I have mine too and I am excited to begin the new year....hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Sharon what a beautiful post! Thank you!
God Bless
Pamela NE Ohio

Sherry said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful New Year's Eve. We have been wanting to see that movie, but it is not on anywhere around here. We always wait too late.

You are so right about the finances we are not doing much traveling right now either. We don't really do much anyway because of all the animals, someone always has to be here.

I just worry about our kids, you and both have kids about the age to get out on their own or are out on their own and it would have to be so very difficult right now. The Lord will provide!


Love the sweet snow baby!

Sharon said...

Thank you Pamela! I hope you had a happy New Year's eve and a wonderful 2009!

Hugs, Sharon

Tamara Jansen said...

I really love resolution #5. I am going to do the same. Check back with me to make sure I follow through, OK?

Happy New Year! Wishing you many blessings in 2009 :)

Rosemary said...

Happy New Year Sharon! I love seeing pictures of all the fun things yall do as a family :) Rosemary

jennifer said...

Happy New Year Sharon! I hope that 2009 brings more blessings than you could ever count!

Kathi said...

What a fun time of being together Sharon. We have not seen that movie. It sounds like a good one. I would love it sometime if you'd send me a list of your Sunday night family night movies that you've watched this past year. Sometimes it's hard for me to come up with a great movie for all of us. Maybe you could post a blog listing all of them you can think of. Well, have a great movie night tonight. What will you be watching this evening? Love ya, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...