Friday, January 9, 2009

Cure for the January blahs!

Look what I found at Target! Aren't these just adorable! Two days ago I had lunch with my son, Cameron, at Target where he works and afterwards I did a little shopping and found these.
They are bunches of brightly colored kitchen towels and wash cloths.
What a difference compared to my old kitchen towels. How do they get so ragged so quickly?
This used to be a very brightly colored towel and now it is all faded and ragged. I guess it is because I use them so much and I wash them with bleach. They served a purpose, but I say out with the old and in with the new!!!!
These new towels and wash rags are so bright and fun, and I love how they are tied together!
I think they would make adorable gifts for any occasion.
What a bargain too! I got 12 wash cloths tied in a bundle for only $2.99.
The towels were 6 for $5.99! It just makes me feel perky to have brightly colored towels and wash cloths.

Hope you all have a great weekend! I have a three day weekend and am planning on catching up on paperwork and little projects around the house. Tonight Grayson and Hayden have basketball games at the high school that Eric and I will be going to. I really look forward to the games, they are so much fun. Saturday night Cameron is coming over for dinner and a movie and to spend the night and then all of us will go to church together. I think Mackenzie and Brittany will be coming over for dinner and a movie on Sunday night and then back to the grindstone on Monday! Take it easy!

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." II Corinthians 5:17

Love, Sharon

14 comments:

grey like snuffie said...

How fun, color safe bleach only for those babies. It is fun to get new,fresh stuff after being married for YEARS. It just makes us happy doesn't it. HAPPY WEEKEND!

luvmy4sons said...

As I read your plan I could only think: See how much your children are always coming home to visit you! Before you know it you will be having lots of grandchildren visiting! You girl are one awesome mom...they keep coming back for more of you!

Connie said...

oh what fun colors too! Gotta get out there and "stimulate" that economy...why not brighten up our kitchens while we're at it?

Linda said...

Bright and cheery towels do make a difference...great buy too. Have a happy three day weekend...hugs, Linda

Kelly said...

Oh I so need some of those! Going to have to head to Target!

have a great weekend!!! Hope the boys do well at their games!

Love,
Kelly

Kathi said...

Yep Sharon, my mother in law, Vivian would buy an new tea towel to hang on her oven door. She'd always say, "Doesn't it give you a lift?" She's right and so are you. Have a cheerful day today. Love ya, Kathi

Liz said...

Oh my goodness. My bath and dish towels are in TERRIBLE shape. I'll have to check these out. :)

Sondra said...

I love those colors. They are so cheerful!

Sweet Nothings said...

Those towels are so cute! Such a great price too! I love target!

Hey we are actually going to take this Sunday off. I am behind on laundry and other housework and it'd be nice to have the day and evening to get that all done, since I work tomorrow! That's life though, right? We'll be there next week though!

Love you!
Brittany

Jan Parrish said...

I also like to add new home touches at this time of the year for fun. Great idea.

Lille meg said...

Very cute towels! You have bought beautiful things, and nice colors!
Have a nice weekwnd!

Songbirdtiff said...

Cute towels! I would be afraid to use them because they're so pretty. :) Seriously, I need to get some because mine are looking a lot like yours, but with more stains. Enjoy your weekend!

PamperingBeki said...

Isn't it funny that something as simple as kitchen towels can cheer us up?

I got new bathroom towels at Christmas and was just giddy!

Those are a great shot of color.

SweetAnnee said...

i was thinking just this weekend that we all need to buy new towels every couple of years
so they DON"T get icky

and sheets
and pillows


teehee
deena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...