Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas coffee mugs!

Okay, okay, I know that we are all done with Christmas, but I have one more thing to share. By now ya'll know that I just love Christmas and everything about it, and if you've been reading my blog for very long, you know that I love to decorate my home and I really love decorating for each holiday. Part of my decorating is for whatever season it is I like to trade out my regular coffee mugs for that season and/or holiday. My name is Sharon I have a mug addiction click here to read more about it. LOL!
I kind of think I have gone a tad bit overboard with my Christmas mugs and dishes! I completely trade out all our regular drinking glasses and mugs for Christmas ones! I just love it! I think it is so fun. I also have Christmas dishes, but I have room in my cupboard to just add those in, I don't have to take out the regular dishes, which I must say is so much easier!
Any way, even with all of my Christmas mugs, every year I seem to find more and this is my absolute new favorite and I wanted to share it with you. I saw this at Goodwill and just couldn't resist. It has old Victorian pictures of Santa and Children all over it. I had to have it and guess what??? It only cost .49 cents!!! Score!!!
It is so cute, the pattern goes all the way around the mug!
My favorite part is this little girl right on the handle! Isn't she so sweet!
Call me crazy, but I think my coffee tastes better in mugs that I love! LOL! Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

"Then our mouth was filled with laughter and our tongue with joyful shouting; then they said among the nations, "The Lord has done great things for them. The Lord has done great things for us; we are glad." Psalm 126:2-6

Love, Sharon

18 comments:

grey like snuffie said...

Of course it tastes better in such a pretty mug. :) Our family has that addiction year round. We're always finding new mugs we think we CAN'T live without. Sign us up for a support group if you ever start one.

Sherry said...

That is a GREAT mug! I like seasonal things also...no my collection is not as big as yours.

Have a great weekend.

luvmy4sons said...

LOL! Big smile! That's all...this post just made me smile! Have a great day!

Linda said...

Sharon, your new mug is darling. I agree drinks taste extra special in mugs we love. I'm joining your group....my name is Linda and I have a mug addiction..

the voice of melody said...

What a great find! Not only was it practically free but it's also very beautiful. Enjoy it! :)

TattingChic said...

That mug is lovely! I love your Christmas dishes! I just scored at Macy's after Christmas sale and got their Christmas Tree dishes along with the glasses that MATCH! I am going to tat a green lace edging around some Williams-Sonoma Red linen napkins to dress them up! I want to design a Christmas Tree edging design to go around them! Hee hee! I'm so excited!

BTW, I love the picture of Jesus by the door on your side bar. "Behold I stand at the door and knock..." It is one of my favorite depictions of the Saviour that I've known from my childhood! Very sweet. He is my best friend! :)

Nurse Manners said...

Hi Sharon...It is totally true that drinks taste better out of special mugs/glasses. We taste things first with our eyes, then our nose, and finally our mouth!

I enjoy your blog so much and always get good ideas from you. Thank you!

Rosemary said...

Aw,i love your mug collection :) I also have a 'thing' for holiday dishes ect! LOL! I have a huge cupboard filled with patriotic dishes, halloween dishes, and christmas dishes. I also have vintage cowboy plates, scotty dog plates, and vintage glasses to match. I also have drinking glasses for each holiday, even snowman cutlery! LOL! Its a sickness, but sure is fun :)hmm now to find some for valentines and easter!! LOL! Rosemary

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Sharon...I switch out my mugs too!! I just packed away the Christmas ones and now I am using some new Starbucks ones I got from GW and haven't used yet.

Hugs,
Robin

Mrs.Ruiz said...

I love that mug, I think it's neat that you put so much thought and time into each holiday. I was packing up my Christmas stuff and ended up with one medium sized box and a large gift bag. I thought of your 19 boxes:) I need to do some shopping

Sondra said...

Oh, I love that mug. It is so pretty. Ok, maybe you go a tad bit overboard with all the Christmas dishes. LOL! No really I think it is great. I wish I had the time to do that. All my Christmas dishes stay in my buffet and I don't buy any more because I have no where to store them.

Nora Lee said...

I thought I was the only one who thought everything tastes better from a cup/mug that I like! I really like your Christmas mug collection. Wishing you a wonderful New Year.

Jan Parrish said...

I agree - that is a cute Christmas mug!

Lille meg said...

You are not crazy! Not at all!
I love your christmas mugs.
When the weekend is over, I will throw the christmas out my house.
Now it is over for me. Tomorrow it's weekday.
Have a nice Sunday!

Ruthie said...

It's a fact, coffee DOES taste better out of a pretty cup!
Hugs.

Kathi said...

I love your mugs Sharon. You are the one that got me started collecting. I love that Victorian girl too. Hugs, Kathi

Kelly said...

It seems I have become addicted too! I have not nearly as a collection as yours, but I have built it up by a couple this year. I also have started looking for Birthday things, or celebration cups, plates, figurines etc to help out with this years birthdays, it makes the day so much more fun and lively, it really shows that you took time to acknowledge the day. I also have started using the Birthday Questionairre, when I showed it to my family they thought it was an awesome idea!!!!!! I love this vintage mug you have!

Love,
Kelly

Mary said...

Sharon,

I love your new mug and all of your Christmas dishes. I also have a couple of Christmas mugs and coffee does seem to taste better in pretty mugs.

Enjoyed this post and catching up with you.

Blessings,
Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...