Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bag Ladies..........

Last Saturday morning I met with some very special girlfriends of mine for breakfast and a little shopping. We are known as the BAG Ladies, which stands for Bargains At Goodwill. We met at church and became fast friends when we realized we all really love to thrift shop. Click here and here to read a little more history and see pictures of our annual get away weekend. Above is a picture of me and Virginia.
And this is Eileen and Laurie. There are seven of us in our group, but only the four of us could make it last Saturday. After breakfast we all went to Goodwill for some fun shopping. I had to leave early because Grayson and Hayden had basketball games, but I found some great treasures.
We have so much fun together. It is neat to share each other's burdens, pray and encourage one another as well as have so much fun! We love to shop and we laugh constantly!
It cracked us up when the waitress brought the menus and we all pulled out our cheater glasses, so we took pictures! I just love these guys and feel so blessed to have them as my friends!

I have today off, by I have lots of things planned. Eric and I are having the whole varsity basketball team over for dinner tonight before the game. This is such a neat program that our school has. The families of the boys on the team sign up to provide dinners on the nights of the home game. We will be feeding 9 hungry boys! Eric is making his famous BBQ chicken legs with his special homemade baked beans. I made a potato salad last night and am making a pasta salad, jello salad and chocolate cake today. They are coming over at 3:30, so I need to get busy and get this place in order and start cooking! I am hoping to get around and visit all of you this afternoon too!


Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

"A person's words can be a source of wisdom, deep as the ocean, fresh as a flowing stream." Proverbs 18:4

Love, Sharon

15 comments:

Joyfull said...

The BAG ladies look like they know how to have some fun! I would love to take an outing with you all! Thrift store shopping is right up my alley. I think it is wonderful how you open your home to so many. Hope the team has a wonderful dinner!

Amy said...

Looks like you ladies have a great time together. BAG ladies....I love it. I need to get me some BAG ladies. I can't get any of my friends to enjoy thrift stores. I did get a girl to go on her own but she had no idea where to start. I'm working on them! Wish me luck!

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Im ready for a pair of those glasses:) That is pretty cool that the boys are coming over for dinner. Have fun cooking it all sound so good.

Linda said...

I love your BAG ladies get togehters....I'd like to be a long distance member:), I even have the cheaters.
Good luck to the team at tonights dinner and it sure does youd yummy..hugs, Linda

Happy @ Home said...

How fun. Can I come too? I love Goodwill shopping and have cheater glasses too :-)

What a nice idea to feed the whole team before the game. They are going to enjoy your dinner by the sounds of it. Good luck to them tonight.

luvmy4sons said...

Some awful cute bag ladies! Have a great time. A bunch of teens all at once is so much fun, so much life!

grey like snuffie said...

The glasses thing cracked me up. Wait a few more years and you will join the ranks of GLASSES ALL THE TIME, with odd head tilting going on to see through the correct part. :)

Elena said...

Your meal sounds delicious. I bet you won't have any leftovers with 9 hungry boys to feed:)

Kathi said...

Sharon, They must be arriving as I am writing this. I will pray for you that it all goes smoothly. What a great program. Love your "Bag Ladies" photos. What a cute cute little group, and oh so much fun. You all look so pretty and cute. Love you, Kathi

Sweet Nothings said...

It's so wonderful that you and the other BAG ladies have such a great relationship! It's fun when you have friendships that you each have similar interests!

Have fun with the guys tonight! I'm sure they all loved the meal! We'll be spending the evening at home. It seems we rarely are at home in the evenings lately! So, we like to take what time we do have!

Love you

Sondra said...

Hope you have a fun time feeding all those boys! I know how much teen boys can eat. Did you know that your music player is still covering your page? I couldn't read what all you wrote in the post below. I don't know why it has been doing that lately. Maybe someone can tell you how to fix it.

Brenda said...

What a fun group you have. Love the 'cheater' glasses. Too funny!
Hope you found some bargains.

PamperingBeki said...

You girls look adorable!

I'm giving you an award. :) Stop by my blog to pick it up when you get a chance.

~~Deby said...

Oh you girls...I am so jealous--yet I live in the land of thrift shops---at my new to me house--there are 3---yes 3 within 2 miles---what's a girl to do?
I am sure you had a wonderful dinner with the guys...sounds yummmy----
Deby

Teresa said...

Cheater glasses. How funny! (I have some, too.) I LOVE Goodwill. Totally love shopping there. Last weekend my daughter came to visit, and we went to Goodwill together. I could spend a couple of hours there, no problem, and so kept looking around for her just in case I was taking too much time. Each time I'd look, I'd see her busy looking through this or that, and I thought to myself, "Awwww, a chip off the ol' block!" We've decided to make Goodwill shopping a tradition when we get together now.

So glad you ladies had fun. Breakfast before BAG is a terrific idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...