Saturday, December 6, 2008

We're having a party tonight!

Tonight we are having our Christmas party! I think this is our fifth year of having this party. We invite all of our adult friends, mostly the group of parents that we have gotten to know from watching our kids play sports. We usually have around 35 people attend.
We have such a great time. I love going all out for this party. People dress up really nice and I ask each couple to bring a tray of appetizers. They all bring their very best! This year instead of a $10.00 gift exchange, I asked that people bring a wrapped gift that we will donate to a needy family in our town. I have had such a great response to this idea! Even though we hear lots of negative things on the news, I believe that the majority of people are really good at heart!

I want to show you this great idea that my friend, Shannon, gave me. For the invitation, I bought cute Christmas cards on clearance last year. Then all you have to do is type up what you want to say and print it on card stock and then glue it over the words of the Christmas cards! Fast, easy and cheap! I love the cards that I bought this year!
These are pictures from last year right before the party. I will probably set things up very similar this year. Our laundry room becomes the beverage room because we need all the kitchen counter space for all the food!
This is what I wore last year. I still don't what I am wearing tonight! I am thinking I might wear my black velvet mini skirt with a black sweater and diamond jewelry. I guess I better figure it out soon! I will be running all around today cleaning and preparing for our party. I promise I will be by to visit your blogs soon, I have been so busy this week getting our home ready for this party and it really does feel good to have my house all ready for this wonderful season! I wish all of you could come on over tonight and join us! I will show you pictures of the party next week!

"They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness." Psalm 145:7

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Merry Christmas, Sharon

16 comments:

Connie said...

Uuuuuhhhhh, I think my invitation got lost in the mail, sweetpea!! LOL You have a WONDERFUL time with your friends! I think the black skirt would look great......;-)
Smooches,
Connie

Deb said...

Hi Sharon! Great ideas for a party! I love that you brings gifts for a needy family. Our Savings Club party is next Saturday! It's Semi formal too,and will be held here at my home. I'll be posting pictures next week leading up to it. Deb

Joyfull said...

I wish we could come on over also! It looks like a wonderful time is planned. Hope everything turns out well and your evening is filled with Christmas joy!

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Thats a wondeful idea on the gifts. Have a fun evening:)

Jocelyn said...

What a great invitation idea!
You looked gorgeous in the red blouse!
Have fun, and the best way to get your house clean is to invite people over!!!

ha ha

Brenda said...

oh Sharon I can't wait to see the party. What are you cooking? I bet you look amazing. I noticed you have your nails done fresh =)

Lille meg said...

How exiting! And you are beautiful on this picture!
Enjoy yourselves, and have a wonderful weekend!

luvmy4sons said...

Have fun and enjoy...wish I were a close friend and invited...I know I would enjoy seeing your lovely home and visiting! Blessings to you tonight!

Farrah said...

I hope y'all have a great time!

I love the idea of giving away a gift to a needy family.

Carol said...

What fun Sharon! I know your party will be wonderful, enjoy!!
Hugs,
Carol

Cottage Contessa said...

Enjoy your party Sharon, I am sure it will be fabulously fun and festive! Can't wait to see photo's sweetie! We hosted our annual friends party yesterday too, which makes it the same date as you had yours. Great minds think a like eh? lol
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Linda said...

Have a happy evening....hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Sharon, Have a lovely time. The gifts are a great idea. I'll have to do that. You look so pretty. I am sure you'll look fabulous in the black skirt and jewelry. Love ya, It's me Kathi but I'm not logged in. I'm too tired to log in. So just know it's me.

Judy said...

Hope your party went well. Your tree looks lovely.
Judy

Kelly said...

I cannot wait to see pictures from this year!!! I remember this post from last year and just LOVING it! the invite ideas are great!! This is such a good idea, I would love to try this when the kids get a little bigger and I am more organized!!!

kelly

Kelly said...

Oh yeh and my invite is stuck most likely on the floor of the post office with Connies!!! I swear last year I said I wanted to come this year!! hehe!!!

smiles~
Kelly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...