Sunday, December 28, 2008

Tidings of comfort and joy........

Well, the gifts are all opened, the meals have all been prepared and devoured, the beautiful time spent with family is gone and Christmas is officially over. Yesterday morning (Saturday) I got up to a quiet house and had my devotional time with the Lord by the Christmas tree one last time before we cleaned it all up. I love to be in the living room with our beautiful tree during the month and reflect upon the season.

Amazingly, I did not feel that overwhelming sense of sadness that I have in years past, perhaps I am starting a new trend and getting the "after Christmas blues" before Christmas? Whatever the case, I was so happy that I felt happy and normal! We had a lovely, lovely Christmas with our big family. I hope that all of you did as well. I will be blogging about all our events over the next three days (I hope I won't bore you!).

After my time with the Lord and I took this picture, I started to dismantle the tree. I got all the ornaments, beads and lights off in just a half hour! That was a nice surprise. Grayson took the tree outside for me. I then vacuumed everything up and then started boxing up the rest of the house. It took me about three and a half hours total. Boy am I glad that is done! When I was all done my sweet hubby came home from fishing and took Hayden and I out to our favorite restaurant, which was so much fun! Grayson was working, so he could not join us. Now all the boxes are in stacked in the living room awaiting Grayson and Hayden to take them up to the attic. I got rid of a bunch of Christmas decorations that I was not using and organized my boxes much better than they were before, but I still have a shameful amount of decorations. I counted and I have 19 boxes of stuff. That is just the inside stuff, not including all the outside decorations or my Christmas dishes, mugs and glassware. But, we do have a large two story home and I decorate almost every room. Oh well, I have to admit, I do love it!

We are headed for church now and I am planning a very restful, uneventful afternoon and hopefully will squeeze in a little down time on the couch with an old cute movie and a bowl of popcorn! I'm hoping that the kids will all be here tonight for movie night, but we have not figured that out yet. I hope that all of you have a relaxing and restful Sunday!

"Let the trees in the woods sing for joy before the Lord!" I chronicles 16:33

Love, Sharon

16 comments:

Connie said...

I love it when my home is back in order, honey. Can't wait........
Smooches,
Connie

TattingChic said...

You are remarkably organized! Good for you!

luvmy4sons said...

We are taking our stuff down today...and I feel no sadness either. I am glad dear friend that you had a blessed Christmas and are ready for the New Year.

Kathi said...

Sharon, Wonderful! I'm so happy you did not get the blues this time. You did a great job getting things back. I'm leaving mine up through New Years because we have friends from Washington coming to stay with us. My favorite all time gift was a fake fire-place!! Stacey surprised me. I love it. I'll show pics soon. Love ya, Kathi

Happy @ Home said...

It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. I look forward to reading all about it.

It must be a good feeling to have it all put away. I always do it after new year's day, but I'm not looking forward to it.

Linda said...

Oh, you are ahead of me....what a good feeling to get things all tidy. I'll be putting things away tomorrow...but I think I'll leave the tree up a couple more days. I'm glad your Christmas was filled with joy....hugs, Linda

Lady Farmer said...

Yikes! I am feeling a bit panic~y! We haven't even had our family celebration yet and here you already have your tree down! Because I remember how difficult it was trying to be with both sides of the family on Christmas, we chose to let our eldest daughter and family celebrate with in~laws at Christmas and we take New Years. So my Christmas stuff stays up longer than most, but then I don't put it up as early either. Glad your day was lovely as I hope ours will be also ~ how can it not be with two beautiful little granddaughters to enjoy it with!

Stephanie said...

I love Christmas and everything about it, but I always am the first to take it down the day after. I like the house "normal" and cleaned too! I also enjoy the after - after sales , like the ones today..... most things were 75% off, that is cool. I put more stuff away until next year.
Hope your enjoying your weekend,
Stephanie

Sondra said...

I usually take my tree down right away too, but this year I am leaving it up until the new year. I am so glad that you are feeling at peace now. Enjoy your Sunday afternoon.

Mrs.Ruiz said...

I missed church today:( I hope to take down my tree tomorrow:)

Rosemary said...

Sharon, thanks for the sweet comments about megan and nick :) I'm really happy for them both!
ha, i love that you have 19 boxes of stuff! FINALLY someone with more boxes than me! LOL!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Sharon...wow thats a lot of decorations!!

I have that same coffee cup that you are holding...except mine has Mrs. Claus taking cookies from the oven!

mardell said...

Good morning Sharon,
It's great to have you back. :o) I'm glad you're feeling at peace now that all the celebrating is over. I probably won't take down our tree until New Years. It's really small, so it won't take long!

Have a great Monday.
Hugs,
Mardell

Sharon said...

Merry Christmas Mardell! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that you have a great week with your family!

Hugs!

Elena said...

Wow, you are way ahead of me! I still need to start taking our tree down. It is pretty dry:) Thanks for sharing your Christmas, it liked such a lovely time!

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
I feel much better after seeing all your decorations, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who goes all out decorating for Christmas. My hubby tells my every year that I should open up a Christmas store. LOL
Love, Velvia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...