Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving at our home!

We had such a blessed Thanksgiving day. Our son, Cameron, spent the night with us the night before Thanksgiving. It was so fun for me to look up and see him all sleepy eyed and drowsy in the morning when he woke up. We sat and had coffee and visited a bit. He was so sweet and offered to help me, so I put him to work making an apple pie! Cool hat!
Grayson and Hayden were out in the yard helping their Dad clean the place up.
Eric was busy getting all the leaves. You can see Bailey running there in the front with her Frisbee just hoping someone will play with her!
Eric grabbed the base of the tree and just started shaking it! He was trying to get all the leaves off so he would only have to do this chore once!
Mean while, Cameron's pie is all done and ready to go in the oven!
Mackenzie and Brittany arrived early. Doesn't she look beautiful! She straightened her hair. I think it looks so nice. It was so wonderful having another woman in the house. She was so helpful and jumped right in doing last minute things for me.
Mackenzie even vacuumed for me and built the fire! I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have all the extra help! Isn't this a sweet picture of the newlyweds!
The tables are all set! Here's all the fall dishes I was talking about a few days ago.
We set up an extra table in the living room. As I mentioned a few days ago, the card tables I was using were not working out. My sweet husband cleaned up our patio table and him and Grayson brought it in for me. It worked out great! I love how both the tables worked out.
Mmmmmm! The turkey turned out perfect! I tell ya......the roasting bags work every time!
Here I am wearing my little Christmas apron (which is wrinkled) holding the turkey. Everything is coming together!
Our company has arrived! Here's my niece Whitney, her dad Ralph, her mom Kelli (my sister) and my mother, Shirley, nibbling on the appetizers that Brittany brought!
Mackenzie visiting with his Grandpa Leonard (my father) before the meal.
Yummy! Look at all that delicious food!
Here's the kiddy table, but we really don't have any little ones any more! From left to right, my nephew Joseph, Grayson, Cameron, my nephew Samuel, Hayden and my niece Whitney. For some reason my silly sons are making goofy smiles!
Here's the adult table. My Dad and Mom, Mackenzie, Eric, Brittany, Kelli and Ralph.
After the meal we sat in a circle. I had each person draw a name from a bowl and they had to say something they are thankful for about that person. It was really special and fun!
Then we played a fun "pass the present to the right or to the left" game. Cameron read a Thanksgiving story and every time he said left or right, whoever was holding the gift had to pass it to their left or right. It's a fun game.
It was so fun to sit around and just enjoy each other!
We also played Catch Phrase, which is a hoot! Good times! Good times!
Mackenzie went up to the attic and brought this neat logging truck down. My father made it about ten years ago. He made it as a hobby. It is constructed out of wood and he carved all the tiny little pieces. He entered it into the County Fair and got a ribbon!
He gave it to Mackenzie since he was the first grandchild. All the kids were so interested in looking at it. My Dad has made all the boys something special out of wood. He is so talented!
Here's the girls visiting. Brittany, Whitney and Rachelle (Grayson's girlfriend). Rachelle came over at the end of the meal and stayed for the games and dessert. Sorry the picture is so blurry!
Speaking of dessert! Yummy! My mom made one of her famous apple crisp pies! She is such a great cook and an excellent baker! What a treat! Here she is serving up a piece for Hayden.
Here's Eric, Mackenzie and Ralph enjoying some nice after dinner conversation.
What a wonderful day we had! We have so much to be thankful for! God has truly blessed us with a beautiful family!

I hope that all of you had wonderful Thanksgiving's too!

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving,and his courts with praise!Give thanks to him; bless his name!" Psalm 100:4

Hugs, Sharon

20 comments:

grey like snuffie said...

Your tables were beautiful. And that truck is AMAZING! My husband just walked by and thought it was GREAT! I agree with you on the cooking bags---one of God's GREAT ideas!

Shelley said...

Hi Sharon,everything looks wonderful and seems like it was a very blessed time of fun,food and fellowship for all. The truck your dad made is awesome. What a wonderful gift for your son to cherish. Your home is beautiful and I bet you were the perfect hostess.. Thanks for sharing...

Blessings,Shelley

Jennifer said...

Hey Sharon, looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. Brittanys hair looks SO pretty straight. Could you share the left and right story with us?

Erin said...

What a beautiful backyard! Your tables were gorgeous as well. The amber glass really gives everything a nice warm glow.

Liz said...

Sharon, everything looked amazing! The house, the food... everything! I just love pics of your family, you all seem so close.

Mrs.Ruiz said...

You are lucky to have such a close family. Everything looked beautiful:)

April Russell said...

Everything looked delicious! And you have the MOST beautiful family! All boys! That is crazy to me! I bet it's all you know now though! They are all so handsome and seem very sweet and helpful!

Kathi said...

Oh Sharon, What a wonderful day. We missed you this year. We would have loved to have been there. Although we had a fun time too. Your tables are just lovely. I love you, Kathi

Farrah said...

What a beautiful meal! I love your decoration! I'm so glad that you had a nice time together.

Blessings

Sarah said...

Everything looks so beautiful! Looks like you had a great day with all of your family.

Lady Farmer said...

Hi Sharon!
Your Thanksgiving looked like it was wonderful. Like Jennifer above, I was hoping you could share the game and the story that went with it. It would be fun to share with family and friends at our next big Thanksgiving gathering.

Shanita Waters said...

Hi... first time here. I really enjoyed all of your pictures. You all look like you had a happy cozy Thanksgiving. You have a beautiful home and family!

Blessings!
Shanita

littleladyboutique said...

You look like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :):):) Beautiful pictures. :):):) Thanks for sharing :):):) Wish I could set a table like that ;)

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Sharon, your Thanksgiving looks like a fun day - and a delicious one at that! I enjoyed your photos and have to tell you that you have a darling family!!!

hugs,
Becky

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

It looks like you had a blessed time. Happy halidays.

Brenda said...

Sharon. I felt so at home visiting the blog today. What a special time. I know your hearts was running over.

Cottage Contessa said...

Hi Sharon! Thanksgiving looks like it was a really lovely day with your family. Your home looks beautiful and so welcoming, and the food looks absolutely delicious!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Elena said...

What a beautiful post. So many lovely pictures. The love you guys have for one another is very precious. God bless you! Elena

Julie said...

Everything looked amazing!! You have a real knack for putting everything together!! I really enjoy your blog!! Oh course I wish we could sample the treats !! lolol

Blessings

Kelly said...

This was so much fun to read! It was like I was there!!!

thanks for sharing!!

Kelly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...