Thursday, December 18, 2008

A special lunch date!

Guess where I'm heading? It's my day off and I have a very special lunch date. I stopped at our favorite restaurant, Taco Time, and picked up a couple of bean burritos and tacos.
Then I headed to Target to have lunch with my son, Cameron. Hey, there's his cute truck, he's here! I miss him so much and because he is so busy, I don't get to see him very much, so I decided that I would go where he was just to be able to see him. I remember my mother coming in to the store where I worked to have lunch with me when I was a young lady and I loved those times so much! I think it was a very wise thing that she did to stay close to me and I am doing the same thing with my kids now! Thank you Mom for the good example!
Hey, there's Cameron now!
He was able to take his break when I got there and we had a great lunch together. I loved just sitting with him and talking and catching up. It was really wonderful. He told me all about his job and how much they like him there and want him to go into the management program! We are so proud of him. He does want to go back to college and get his Master's degree and Target is very supportive of that. He really enjoys retail and really loves Target.
I am so proud of my son. He started a year ago as a guy who gets the carts and then worked up to be the guy in charge of guys who get carts and now he is in the management training program!
I know I'm his mom, but I think he is the most awesome person and such a cutie! What a great lunch date I had!

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly." Psalm 84:11

Merry Christmas, Sharon

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cool. I did that with my kids, too.
There is something very special about Cameron. I have noticed it in all of your pix. You can just see the sweetness and gentleness in this young man. I know he is a blessing to everyone who knows him.
Suz in the Tules

Sarah said...

Your such a great example of a mom. I am glad that I follow your blog and keep up with you. My children are young but that is such a great idea to do when they get older and start working. Have a great day!

~~Deby said...

That was so sweet Sharon, it is wonderful that your guys have such good work ethics...a rare thing these days.
Deby
LOVE Target

Sharon said...

Dear Mardell,

If you read this, I want to appologize for not commenting back to you lately. I am soooo behind on my comments back to people and visiting their blogs and am slowly catching up. Thank you for all the sweet comments you have been leaving and I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas!

Love, Sharon

P.S. Brittany wanted me to let you know you can leave a comment on her blog now as she allowed annonymous comments.

Have a happy day!

Sharon said...

Dear Suz,

Wow, what a nice thing to say about Cameron! You are right everybody loves him. He is such a sweet guy and such a hard worker and he is so funny too! We were blessed beyond measure with him and all of our boys!

Have a great day!

Hugs, Sharon

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Thanks for the kind words Sharon. Im working on the issue:)) It's hard to be a certain way when it is unfamiliar. Saying " I love you" is easy it's hugs that are hard. You are the " mom" I strive to be;)

TattingChic said...

That is so sweet that you have lunch dates with your son! You are a great Mom! :)

luvmy4sons said...

That is so so awesome!

grey like snuffie said...

He is adorable and sounds like he has a good foundation. Well done. RYC sometime on my site---WE DO NEED GRANDCHILDREN! :) But it is so sweet to be back to just me and my husband. Sharon I appreciate you and love peaking into your world!

Lille meg said...

I am sure you had a great time together with your son.
Tomorrow my yongest brother, my mom and my sister in law are coming to visit me. I look forward to that. They use to take this trip every year before Christmas.

Kelli said...

What a wonderful time your had with your son, Sharon! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
~Kelli

Anonymous said...

Sharon I was going to comment on Brittanys blog.
But I could not either.
Because of the no anyomous
profile. Thanks now I see I can, I have 2 grown children a son a daughter
and 1 sil and 1 dil.
And a grand daughther
she is 2.
And both my children
have their Masters Degree.
At this time tou almost
have to have a Masters
I am a very proud mom!
Pamela RN from NE Ohio

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

You have such a positive relationship with your sons.

Michelle said...

Hi Sharon ~ I'm so glad you had such a great time with Cameron! I love to see/hear about the wonderful relationships you enjoy with your sons...you are very blessed!

Hugs,
Michelle

P.S. Thanks for all the lovely comments you've left on my blog!

Linda said...

Sharon, you are a wondeful Mom. What a great lunch date on your day off....hugs, Linda

Ashley @ Domestic Fashionista said...

You are so cute! You must follow your kids around everywhere with that camera! haha! What great memories you will have... :)

Kristen said...

Sharon that is wonderful! You are such an amazing example of a good mother! My daughter will graduate next year and I am loving every stage of parenting and can't wait for what the future holds. Your love for your children is so evident! So sweet of you to go have lunch with him!!!!

Sondra said...

What a special time it is when you can sit down with the boys one on one. That is so great that he is working his way up so fast. I am sure that those big store managers make pretty good money! Oh, your snow looks soooo beautiful. I love the table that looks like a cake. That is the kind of cake I need to eat! LOL! Have a wonderful weekend.

Beth said...

Hi Sharon,

I was so excited to see that you left a comment on my blog!! I really love reading about your life with your family and I really look up to you. You are such a wonderful mom and such a great role model for me. I am making hot chocolate for my boys in the morning because of you! I also enjoy Brittany's blog and I am so glad she started one. You have such wonderful boys and I can only pray to God that my boys will grow up to be as wonderful as yours!
Much love,
Beth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...