Monday, December 8, 2008

Shop'n wit da boyz

Here are a few pictures of me having fun doing every day things with my sons. A couple of weeks ago Grayson came with me to the grocery store.
We had lots of fun together. I love to have these special alone times with my sons. I have done this with all four of them for years. I think it keeps us close. I always try to make it fun for them when we are doing something they really don't want to be doing (like grocery shopping), so we get a special lunch or a treat.
What a great help he was! He even pulled both of the carts to the car for me! What a relief for me to have help loading up all these groceries!
The next day I took Hayden to the mall to shop for some new school clothes for him and some new basketball shoes. We stopped for a little lunch.
I love just hanging with my kids! The Bible says that we are to teach our children the ways of God, "For He says, 'Precept upon precept, line upon line, here a little, there a little." Isaiah 28:10. So all throughout the day when we interact with them we are to be taking advantage of these teachable moments. You start when they are little when you are feeding them, bathing them, rocking them etc. When they are watching you clean the house and drive the car, teach them about our wonderful God and saviour. It doesn't have to be a long sermon, just quick and simple, like the scripture says, here a little, there a little.
After lunch we went to Target where Cameron was working and we said hello to him. It's always so fun to surprise the kids at their jobs.
Hayden's new shoes! Worthy of taking a picture don't ya think! :0)
On the drive home we had a great talk.
Hayden grabbed the camera and starting shooting!
Am I doing it right? Do I look tough and cool? Maybe not so much!

Life is full of the mundane and everyday things and I think it is wise to make the most of them with our kids and take advantage of these teachable moments!

Happy Monday!

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust." Psalm 4:8

Love, Sharon

15 comments:

Sharon Kay said...

Sharon......Hay girl I think you look real cool in the picture........just like one of the kids. It is so good that you and the boys have a good time together. I have two girls and it was such fun to shop with them......and it still is. Hugs and good wishes to you and all your boys.

grey like snuffie said...

Great post. I think it is in the every day acts of life that we build on the relationships with our kids. Those are some crazy shoes! And you look better being gangsta cool than I ever do.

Connie said...

Ya lookin' cool, momma chickee!! LOL Being home with those boys is probably your greatest sacrifice if one can ever CALL that a sacrifice. They look well loved and well taken care of and just waaaaay to cool, honey!! Hah.
Smooches,
Connie

luvmy4sons said...

So true...we are told to talk about it when we rise up and when we lie down and we we are on the way...It being the precepts of the Lord. Living life out bodly for the Lord with our children. What an awesome family you have!

Brenda said...

I used to love when my boys went shopping with me. I thought I wanted them to like it enough to help their wives someday. Rian always loved shopping and foods were his specialty so he was great at this.
I am also loving those shoes. The one thing I don't miss is paying for things like that =)

Simply Heart And Home said...

I'm afraid you don't look tough but you do look cool! :)

I love when my son accompanies me grocery shopping. He is a great help!

Have a cozy day.

Gina

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Thanks for the reminder:) You are sucha wondeful mom. Such an inspiration:)))

Linda said...

Day to day things can be fun when you do them with your kids...even if they are grown-ups(like my daughter)....it's just great being with them. You are a cool mom, Sharon. I loved your picture. Hugs, Linda

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Thanks Sharon, those are wonderful ideas and I will be using them. This year Im making a nice breakfast, i usually just focus on the big dinner but Im adding a nice breakfast this year, gorilla bread, sausage and a fruit platter:)

Jan Parrish said...

How fun. I love the cool pix at the end.

My Shabby Roses said...

Aren't boys fun! I love having a son. He is also a lot of fun to hang with. You are right about taking advantage of every moment, sharing little things daily with your children about God.

Kelly said...

You guys BOTH look cool!! Hey you should have tried the gymshoes on too!! For some reason those boys gymshoes are so HEAVY!! I do not know how my kid walks in them! lol

Hugs~
Kelly

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

That looks like such a warm time. I don't have kids, but Michael and I like doing those everyday things together too,

Nora Lee said...

Sharon, What a blessing it is to spend time with our "grown" children. I love it when my daughter or son has time to spend with me, especially since they are no longer at home. Blessings to you and your family this Christmas season. Please stop by and visit my Christmas open house.

Sandra

Cottage Contessa said...

You my dear friend are one COOL mum! I think it's just so great the way you spend time with your boys like you do. What a great relationship you have with each of them! I loved seeing a little of your grocery store, your supermarkets are quite different to ours here. Interesting! Have a great day sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...