Monday, December 15, 2008

Our Christmas party!

Okay, the house is clean and decorated, the fire is made, the candles are lit and Eric and I are all dressed.
Now we're just waiting for our company to arrive! I'm wearing a black velvet skirt with a golden sweater and black and gold jewelry. I forgot to get a picture of Eric - darn, but believe me, he looked quite dashing!
I set out all the glasses.............
We have drinks on ice..............
and coffee ready to go.
I set out all the plates, cutlery and napkins.........
and set out lots of sweets and savories. Each guest will bring a tray of appetizers, so we are going to have more than enough food!
In the powder room I filled the tub half way with water and put silk poinsettias with floating candles.
It looked so beautiful!
The red poinsettias looked so festive!
Our friends started arriving and as per usual, everyone hung out in the kitchen!
We had a houseful! We had 26 friends attend!
Here's a picture of a lot of the beautiful ladies.
And here's another shot, sorry it's so dark!
It was hard to get good pictures, this one is blurry, but you can see people enjoying themselves. We had so much food and we had so much fun!
Then we moved onto the white elephant gift exchange!
Oh my goodness, we had some doozies! Some of the gifts were things like a neck brace and a box full of old coffee mugs. We laughed so hard! We had such an amazing evening! There was so much laughter and fun in the house. They all stayed until 1:30 a.m.! A few days later we saw most of our same friends at the kid's basketball game and they all said they had a great time and that it was the best one yet!
Something funny though........after the party when I started cleaning, for some reason I found all these white elephant gifts. For some strange reason, nobody wanted to take their gifts home! I wonder why! LOL!
A really neat thing that we did this year is we had each guest bring a gift to give to a needy family in our little town. All of the presents that you see under our tree are gifts we will be donating to a local family!
This makes my heart smile. I am so glad to know all these wonderful people and to be able to call them my friends!
Like Clearance the angel wrote in the Tom Sawyer book he left for George Bailey at the end of "It's a Wonderful Life", "Remember no man is a failure who has friends."

"Therefore encourage one another and edify one another, just as you are doing." Thessalonians 5:11

Hugs, Sharon

22 comments:

Brenda said...

Sharon,such an awesome party. you look amazing and the house does too.I know you had Eric dressed up.I bet he even matched you =).
The tub idea is amazing..girl you know how to party. Wished I was your neighbor.

Elena said...

Great pictures! It's so neat you had a great party and got all those gifts to give to a needy family!

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Goodmorning Sharon, We have snow!!! Today is a snow day for the kids, no school:) I love that movie " It's a Wondeful Life". Your party looked like so much fun and your house looked pretty:)

TattingChic said...

LOL! That is too funny about everyone leaving their white elephant gifts there! Well, I guess you'll have White Elephants gifts to give away for years to come! Either that or a great box of donations to give to Good Will! It looks like a fun party.

A Romantic Porch said...

What a wonderful evening with wonderful friends! Your home is lovely! xo rachel

Joyfull said...

It looked like a great party! Your outfit was beautiful as was your home. I especially love the tub idea! Thanks for sharing.

Farrah said...

Sharon,

Looks like y'all had a great time. I like your outfit!

Blessings for your week!

Lille meg said...

Oh, all looks so delicious!
I am sure your guests will enjoy it! It is perfect! And you! You are beautiful!
And the christmas tree is already decorated! Here in Norway we don't use to do that so early.
I decorates my little christmas tree the day before Christmas Eve.
And the gifts are also under the tree in your place! That is something we do on Christmas Eve here.
Have a nice Christmas party!
Thank you for kind comment to me...

Amy said...

Looks like you all had a great time.

I have a guest bathroom with a tub and have hung a shower curtain because I didn't know how to make it pretty when guests come for a party. Yours is so pretty I will have to steal your idea of filling the tub with floating candles. It looks so pretty!

Julieann said...

Oh Sharon, you did such an awesome job--the party looked wonderful.

The bathtub---WHAT A BRILLIANT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that---do you think I could do that to my tub upstairs and just make all my guests go upstairs to use the bathroom....LOL.

Julieann

linda said...

Your party was a complete success! It sure looked like everyone was having a great time. Good friends are the best aren't they!

Erin said...

Looks like fun! I'm enjoying the tour of your Christmas decorations!

mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
Oh my, what a wonderful party you had! :o) What fun. Your house is decorated so beautifully ~ and look at you?! Just gorgeous!!

I've enjoyed the tour of your home all decorated for Christmas. I just love the vintage things. And your birdhouse with mini wreath? You think of every little detail! So cute. We used to have a "JJ Newberry" here in NY a long time ago. I was so bummed when they went out of business.

Hope you're having a great Monday.
Hugs,
Mardell

grey like snuffie said...

You look beautiful. The bathroom is still the BEST part of all your decorating. Good idea.

luvmy4sons said...

What a lovely time! Your house was beautiful and all looked like they were having fun!

Ashley @ Domestic Fashionista said...

What a fun party...everything looks so festive and delicious...making me hungry! The gifts for a needy family is such a great idea! :)
Ashley

Sondra said...

What a fun time! How great of you all to bring a gift for such a good cause. It looks like you have so many wonderful friends.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

It looks like a wonderful time was had by all. (And you looked fantastic.)

Jan Parrish said...

What a beautiful party. I see the secret Santa bug has bit you too.

Kathi said...

Sharon, You look so cute in your outfit and your home is fabulous. It looks like so much fun. I'm glad you had a good turn out and a great time. The gift exchange was a wonderful idea.

Did you get my email? Love ya, Kathi

Kelly said...

Another great party! You look fabulous Sharon!

kelly

Linda said...

Sharon, what a fun party! Your home looks so warm and inviting and you looks so pretty....how awesome to collect all the gifts for needy families...hugs, Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...