Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mackenzie's studio

A couple of weeks ago after church I went home with Mackenzie and Brittany to see their new studio and to have lunch. The studio is in the extra bedroom in their new home. Click here to see what their house used to look like just a few months ago! He has totally blown me away with all the work he has done and how he has transformed an old beat up bedroom into this super cool, cutting edge, high tech music studio!
It has taken him a long time to acquire all of his equipment. He got some for birthday and Christmas gifts, some from thrift stores and garage sales, some things from catalogs and other things from the mall. The awesome news is, it's all paid for and he does not owe on any of it!
He has two computers and two screens.
He made this corner desk unit from scratch just in the last couple of weeks! He covered the top in Pergo that he found at a recycle center!
Brittany helped him paint it and helped him hang some the foam that he uses for the acoustic quality. He did things really smart. He covered the window with a board and carpet to absorb the sound so he gets a better quality while recording. He pulled the blind first, so from the outside it just looks like the blinds are closed. Since I took these pictures he made a black frame that goes around the carpeted window and it looks really, really nice.
They have had such a busy summer and fall with getting the new house and planning the wedding and now the holidays are here. I can't wait until they both start creating music again! I asked him how he handled not being able to create music for a few weeks and he said it was hard because the ideas just keep coming and he had no way to express them. He truly has a God given talent!
He turned the double closet into half storage space and the other half he turned into a small sound booth to record Brittany singing! Isn't that clever! He got some old carpet out of his grandparents house and attached it to the wall to help with the acoustics! Pretty clever! Don't worry, you can't be locked in there!
I just had to show this. This is a very old microphone! My father gave it to Mackenzie one year for his birthday and Mackenzie really treasures it. It is probably from the 1920s and is solid brass. It looks really cool in the studio.
He hung this peg board on one wall so he can hang his cords and head phones on it. I like how organized the studio is and I am sure it will get the creative juices flowing!
While he was showing me the studio sweet Brittany was making our lunch! Isn't she a cutie.
She made special french bread and............
delicious homemade chili! It was a wonderful lunch!
Here are a few pictures of their home. I cannot believe how they have transformed this place from the mess it was when they bought it!
This is their bedroom. They had hand-me-down furniture that didn't match so they painted it all black and added stainless steel hardware to it. I think it looks awesome!
I like the colors they chose. It is very serene and peaceful!
I had such a fun day with Mackenzie and Brittany and I am so proud of how well they are doing! It is really a wonderful blessing to see my son so happily married! God has truly blessed all of us! And guess what......Brittany MIGHT start her own blog! Wouldn't that be fun! I'll let you know if she decides to do it!

"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." I John 4:7-8

Hugs, Sharon

17 comments:

grey like snuffie said...

WOW--that's an amazing transformation. That really old microphone is so cool. I love singing in the closet. Sweet times, those newlywed years.

luvmy4sons said...

They are so cute. And their home is lovely. Oh...by the way you still have her lited as a finace on your side bar under loved ones!

Brenda said...

Wow Sharon the studio looks so great. He has something to be very proud of.He is very talented. Now where did the music ability come from =)

TattingChic said...

It looks like you had a lovely visit with you handsome, creative, intelligent son and beautiful & talented DIL! What a lot of work has gone into that studio! What a dedicated hubby! That is really sweet! :)

Sarah said...

That is a great transformation. I am glad to see that they went with a home that they could afford. To many young married couples these days think they need a great fancy home to live in and its more than they can afford which puts to much stress on their relationship. So good for them. They truly are a great example!

Mrs.Ruiz said...

His studio looks great. Looking forward to purchasing a cd one day:) They really have it together:)

Sharon Kay said...

Sharon..........wow they have got so much done in such a short time. We saw the wedding a few weeks ago and here they are in there home all ready. You do have so much to be proud of. Candy cane wishes sent to them and you at this beautiful time of the year.

Kelly said...

That studio is AMAZING!!!!! I cannot wait to show my Husband and my Son, that is wonderful work and such smart creative ideas!!!!
And that would be so awesome if she started a blog!!! Tell her I cannot wait and am ready to add her to the list!!!! whoohoo!!!!!
how exciting!

blessings~
Kelly

linda said...

Sharon, they are an awesome couple and I only expect to hear and see great things from both of them. I can see why you are so proud. God is good isn't he!

Sondra said...

That studio is great! What a cool space for them to make more music. I love that old microphone. What a neat collectors item to have. They do look so happy!

Ashley @ Domestic Fashionista said...

Wow! They have done a great job...my boyfriend is starting to make a studio in his house...he would be jealous of your son for sure! ;)

Michelle said...

Wow, those two sure did do a WONDERFUL job on their lovely home...I DO remember what it looked like from your post and it's just truly amazing now! GREAT JOB, Mackenzie & Brittany!!!

Have fun in that studio, too - my husband & son would be drooling right now if they saw it!

Julie said...

I think that they look so cute together! and what a great job on their home!

Sweet Nothings said...

Thanks for posting about Mackenzie's studio and our house Sharon! Come visit my new blog! I made my first post! I'll try to post as much as I can but it may be spread out at first! Love you!

Jan Parrish said...

Wow. That studio is really something. They've done an amazing job with their new place. You must be so proud!

mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
The studio is just the coolest thing!! They sure are a talented couple. I was hoping that the spare bedroom would become a nursery! (*wink*)

Hugs,
Mardell

Anonymous said...

Sharon, I'm so happy you got to go over for lunch. They are a darling couple and their home is so pretty. Love, Kathi Oh for Pete's sake, I'm must not be logged in. so I'll sign it anyonymously, but it's me your sister

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...