Monday, December 1, 2008

Leave it to me............

Here's a cute, cheap, fast and easy little decorating idea. For my parties I love to fill my bathtub half full of water and then put floating candles in there (NOTE - please do not do this if you have toddlers in your home for safety reasons). For Thanksgiving I had the idea to make it extra special by adding some leaves from our yard.
I went out in my backyard and picked out really pretty leaves that were really colorful and I tried to get "boat" shaped ones that I thought would float.
I simply placed them on top of the water and then put my floating candles in there and lit them and I was done! It added such a wonderful festive mood to the day! Everyone loved it!
Our Internet service went out all weekend, so I was unable to post or come and visit your blogs. We finally got it back Sunday night at about 7:30. I just did a quick post today and tomorrow I will share in detail about our wonderful blessed Thanksgiving day!

Hugs and Happy Monday!

"At all times and for everything giving thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father." Ephesians 5:20

Love, Sharon

23 comments:

grey like snuffie said...

Well done, beautiful idea!

Judy said...

Very pretty! You always have such neat ideas.

Farrah said...

Cute idea! Thanks for sharing, Sharon!

Blessings for your week!

luvmy4sons said...

Lovely...beautiful idea...works better though in a lovely bathrub like yours...wouldn't look so wonderful in mine! LOL! So glad you had a great Thanksgiving.

April Russell said...

Its Gorgeous! Love it love it!

Mrs.Ruiz said...

How do you think of such neat idea's. Our pastor talks about people having talent's. I know what your's is:)))

Lady Farmer said...

What a wonderful festive idea! We, however, don't have any leaves left except brown mushy ones that fell off the trees weeks ago! :~{
What will you put in for Christmas?

Amy said...

Very pretty!

Happy @ Home said...

That looks beautiful and definitely sets a welcoming mood.

Have a great week.

Connie said...

Sweet chick, I'm "borrowing" that idea from ya!! Fantastic. I'll do it for our guest bath and see what they think when next we have visitiors.
Smooches,
Connie

Linda said...

I was getting worried....you almost always post daily..I'm glad all is well now and it was the internet giving you problems.
Love this idea. I'm going to use your idea for a holiday get together we are having. Hugs, Lidna

Carol said...

I love this idea, so beautiful!
Smiles,
Carol

Lille meg said...

Exiting with these floating candles!
But very irritating when the internet does not work!
Good to hear that it is in order now.
I wish you a blessed week!:)

Michelle said...

What a cool idea! Thanks for sharing!

Jocelyn said...

What a great and gorgeous idea!
I am looking forward to having Christmas at my house this year.

Mr Shawn brought in all of my CHristams stuff. I am very anal about putting it all away carefully so all he has to do it bring it all inside ! IT is my therapy, I put on Christams music and just get decorating!

Joyfull said...

How simple, yet so beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Kathi said...

Oh Sharon, this is so pretty!! I love it. Love ya, Kathi

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

What a lovely idea. Your bathroom is beautiful. It looks very romantic too!

nannykim said...

Looks very pretty. Where do you usually find the floating candles? I had some once, but I don't recall where I found them.

Michelle said...

Just beautiful! What a great idea!
Michelle

TattingChic said...

Beautiful! What a simply lovely idea. I like the leaves, too! Nice touch.

Cottage Contessa said...

Hi sweetie! Can't wait to hear all about your Thanksgiving, especially since we don't celebrate that over here. Wishing you an awesome day Sharon!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Shanita Waters said...

That's a great idea with the candles in the tub. I think I'll add some rose petals in with them. I hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea.

Be blessed!
Shanita

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...