Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy 18th Birthday Grayson!

Today is my third baby boy's 18th birthday! It is so hard for me to fathom that he is already this old! This is such a cute picture of him. My Dad emailed it to me. Grayson was around 2 years old and my Dad took Grayson to work with him and showed him the big truck that he used to drive. Grayson loved it! He always loved trucks! Now he is so big that he drives his own truck (not a semi!).
We celebrated his birthday last night because he has a basketball game tonight.
For his special dinner he wanted lasagna, green salad, garlic bread and eggnog. He got to eat on the special plate.
His sweetie pie, Rachelle, was able to join us for his special birthday dinner.
Mackenzie, Brittany and Cameron all came too. Cameron's not in the picture because he is the photographer. Hayden was still at his basketball practice, but joined us for the dessert and to watch Grayson open his gifts.
I put up a birthday survey on the fridge about a week before his birthday. I do this for all of my family on their birthdays. They fill it out and tell me what they want me to make for their special birthday dinner and what type of cake they want. Grayson switched things up this year and instead of a cake, he requested a giant 13x9 apple pie! So, that is what I did!
Happy Birthday Grayson!
Ha, ha! We got him with trick candles!
Gray and Rachelle as we were visiting.
Cameron brought over a plaque to show us, he got employee of the month. We are so proud of him! He is doing awesome at his job!
Brittany and Eric waiting for a slice of that pie!
Time to open gifts! It was a great birthday party! What a joy Grayson has been in our lives! He is such a delightful child and so much fun! It has been such a joy to watch him grow into such a fine young man. He is living for the Lord and making good choices. We are so thankful to God for bringing this wonderful person into our lives!

Have a great day!

"Sons are a heritage from the Lord." Psalm 127:3

Hugs, Sharon

16 comments:

grey like snuffie said...

That picture of his special request pie really threw me. I looked at it for a while before I read what it was and was SO curious trying to figure out what it could be. Wonderful idea.

mardell said...

Happy *18th* Birthday Grayson! Aaah, to be that age again. (sigh.) Mmmm, the dinner looked wonderful ~ you have good taste. And a 13x9 pie? Oh my, it looks so good!

Hugs to Mom!! :o)
Mardell

Elena said...

The dinner looked really yummy and your table was beautiful. I'm glad your son had a great birthday!

luvmy4sons said...

Happy Birthday Grayson. Wow another one 18! Hugs to you mom...I think I might know what this does to your mother's heart!

Kathi said...

Happy Birthday Grayson. It looks like you had so much fun and he certainly looks happy. He is a wonderful boy.

Enjoy your day Sharon. I love you, Kathi

Sarah said...

What a great mom you are! I love the idea of letting them request the dinner that they want. I may have to steal that idea from you. :-)

I love what bits and pieces of your home that I have seen. Have you done like a home tour on any of your blog pages? I am kinda new to your blog so I wasn't sure. I may have to go looking through all your pages. If not though I would love to see more of your decorating.

Jan said...

Happy birthday to Grayson! Oh...I remember 18 (sorta!). Looks like he had a wonderful birthday party!

Sarah said...

I went wandering through your pages and found your decorating pictures. Truly a gorgeous home!

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Happy Birthday to you son!!! Im an only 1 and a half years away from that same special birthday. I cry thinking about it:)) What questions do you have on the birthday survey? I would like to start doing that if you dont mind someone borrowing your idea:)Oh yea, the lasagna looks yummy

Jennifer said...

Happy 18th birthday Grayson! You know, ever since I have had my own children, I realized that with all the hard work a mom does for her child, SHE should be the one getting the presents!

Cottage Contessa said...

Happy 18th Birthday Grayson! Best wishes on your special day! Wonderful family post Sharon, love it! Have a lovely day sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Pam said...

Sharon, what time was Grayson...my son turned 18 today also. He was born at 7:26 p.m. Pam :)

Jocelyn said...

They grow up way too quickly don't they?

Logen will be 18 next September. THen Both of MY kids will be over 18! Wow, it's hard to believe it went by so fast!

You've done a great job with your kids, it is so nice to see how they all come home for special occasions.

Jan Parrish said...

Happy Birthday Grayson! Looks like a yummy birthday pie. I'll take a slice of that!

Sondra said...

Happy Birthday to Grayson! I saw your sister do a post about your birthday survey. I think that is such a neat idea and I might steal that one. Today is my Austin's bday too!

cherished*vintage said...

Happy Birthday Grayson! Dec 4th is a birthday day in our house too, Daphne turned 4. The 5th is Sydney's b-day so we're having a family get together tonight to celebrate both. Your big apple pie looked wonderful!
-Karoline

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...