Saturday, December 20, 2008

Gingerbread cookies........

There's nothing like homemade Christmas cookies! But being a busy working mom, I don't have a lot of time to bake and I have to admit, I am not a natural at baking; I am a wanna be. I love that show Semi-Homemade by Sandra Lee because she takes short cuts, but it is still made at home.
While shopping at the grocery store the other day, I came across this new product. It is the Betty Crocker cookie mix in a new Gingerbread flavor. I thought.....oh perfect, I can make gingerbread cookies and decorate them!
I just mixed them up per package directions, which was so simple and easy, I just added eggs, butter and water.
Rolled out the dough on a floured surface.
Cut them out with the cookie cutter.
I made several dozen.
I gently laid them on the cookie sheet.
Just bake for 10 minutes.
Mmmmm! Now they are ready to be frosted!
For the frosting I just added 1 cup of powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon of water. You're supposed to add vanilla, but I was out.
Then I frosted them and added sprinkles. Both Grayson and Hayden frosted some, Grayson gave a bunch to Rachelle and Hayden gave some to his teacher.
They are not the most beautiful cookies in the world, but they are homemade Christmas cookies from my cozy kitchen!
It was fun making Christmas cookies with Hayden near by playing his XBox and having a Christmas movie playing. It was snowy outside too! Now we'll just have a little snack near the tree and enjoy the season!

"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." Isaiah 7:14

Merry Christmas! Sharon

16 comments:

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Those are on my shopping lost, but I was going to go one step further and buy the already made ones:))) Your's look yummy

Judy said...

Oh, how yummy they look. I have never made gingerbread cookies and I'm not sure why because I know my kids would have liked them. I'll have to get a package the next time I'm at the grocery store and try them.

mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
Wow, those look so Christmassy & yummy! I love how you take pics step-by-step. :o) I am a big fan of gingerbread, but my family isn't. Sigh. I can't very well make a batch just for myself...or can I? ha ha.

Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Mardell

TattingChic said...

It looks like you had fun making Christmas cookies! :)

grey like snuffie said...

Those packages of Betty's cookie mixes are amazingly wonderful. On my list is to make some spicy gingerbread cookies. Hope I get them done, I'm imagining the smells now. :) And Sharon I must tell you that I am in awe of you mom's who work! Glory that is a full plate to work outside of the home along with all I see you do as a mom at home. Well done!

Ashley @ Domestic Fashionista said...

Oh I love Sandra Lee! And I love your gingerbread. I was feeling the same way this year...no time to bake but we need sweets in the house! Those cookie mixes are so handy and when you decorate them yourself it keeps the cozy Christmasy feel without all the work!

gail said...

These are the best kind of cookies- made with love :) they are cute cookies!

Have a blessed day- and thank you for introducing Brittany's blog- she is a sweetheart- what a blessing God has given your son and family. I pray all the time for my three sons future mates. I can see that He answered your prayers!
God bless you Sharon!

Gail

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I love gingerbread men. I'm not making any cookies this year . . . working too many hours.

Kristen said...

That is great! I share your desire to bake but a lack of time and natural talent keep me from it. Sandra Lee is absolutely amazing!! Your cookies look wonderful and the ones on the baking sheet I couldn't help but notice that one of them looks like it is dancing! :)

Linda said...

These looks yummy....I'd love one:). I've never made Gingerbread cookies, I'm going to have to try this mix. I have baking to do too, Sugar cookies and Mexician Wedding Cakes tomorrow and Monday...hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing this post
Sharon! Today I just bought
1 huge gingerbread boy
baking pan.
This tip you gave was great! I love your blog.
I have been following since
almost the first day.
But just started commenting
this week. As empty nesters
I can relive some of the fun things we did with our
now grown children.
I am an RN and work 2 days
a week.
Pamela Ohio

Jan Parrish said...

Looks delicious. I may have to try that too. Thanks for the tip!

Good news! Looks like we may have a white Christmas after all!

Lille meg said...

This cookies looks very jummy, and I am sure they tastes good, too!
I have also made some cookies for christmas, but not very much, because I live alone.
I don't use to make gingerbread cookies.

Have a blessed day!

Sondra said...

MMM. they look yummy. Every year my mom, sister and I get together and make tons of Christmas cookies. This year mom and I are only making a few batches. I wanted to tell you that my sister reads your blog everyday. She just doesn't comment. The other day when she called she said, "Did you know that Sharon's daughter in law started a blog?" I said, "Well I know she was thinking about it." Man, I had only missed one day of reading and she was way ahead of me! LOL! Just wanted you to know that you have another loyal reader!

Sharon said...

Hey Mardell....I think you should make some just for yourself! Why not....tis the season! You also could give a few to your neighbors!

Hugs, Sharon

Sharon said...

Hi Pam! Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I am so flattered that you like my blog! I hope that you have a beautiful Christmas!

Hugs, Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...