Friday, December 19, 2008

Day of Sports, Family, Food and Fun!

A few weeks ago on a Saturday we went to Grayson's first basketball team of the season. It actually was a pre-season game. He is on the varsity team (#14) and did pretty well.
He is the 7th man, so he plays about 1/3 of the game. He is really good at defense.
Eric and Hayden and I drove about an hour to watch him play. I don't push the picture thing too much as my hubby doesn't like getting his picture taken. I just took this one really quick when he wasn't really looking. I don't know why I think I need to have pictures like this......is it to prove that we were there? LOL!
Hayden enjoyed watching his brother. Hayden plays on the JV2 team which is the freshman team and he is having fun on his team too.
Grayson played pretty well, but the team lost. It was a really good game though.
After the game we went to a sports deli and had a great lunch. There were TVs at every angle with different games on.
Hey, Eric posed for a picture! I love these little moments of spending time with the family. We are a newly structured family with just two boys all the time now instead of four and we are getting used to it and having special times.
The food was wonderful!
Nice, good old fashioned food! Yummy!
Does this happen to you guys? LOL! Actually, they were not texting and ignoring us, they were comparing phones. I won't allow my kids to text in front of me and ignore us instead of engaging in conversation. I think it is really rude and unacceptable behavior! I worry about our future generation's ability to really socialize when they are so used to talking through gadgets using acronyms instead of words! I guess that is another blog post at another time.
After lunch we headed over to Eric's mother and father's house (Jim and Alice) for the big civil war game - the Ducks versus the Beavers! Can you tell who Alice cheers for? This is a picture of Alice and her daughter, Stacey (Eric's little sister).
Alice and Jim were so cute, they decorated their whole house with Duck and Beaver colors and items. She invited Eric's cousin and his wife too. Here's the guys cheering on the Ducks.
Grayson relaxing and enjoying the game.
Cameron and Hayden having fun just chillin and eating the good food.
Eric and his mother.......auh, what a cute picture!
We had such a fun time! I am so thankful for my wonderful mother-in-law (my father-in-law too!), she is such an inspiration! She always makes everything fun and special. What a great day we had today!

I hope you have a great weekend!

"Being cheerful keeps you healthy. It is slow death to be gloomy all the time." Proverbs 17:22

Love, Sharon

13 comments:

Elena said...

Wow, what a fun time. You have such a special family. I really enjoyed your daughter-in-law's blog. What a sweet girl!

mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
What fun your family is!! I used to play basketball in HS. Loved it! Your comment about the cell phones...I couldn't agree with you more! As a matter of fact, I think I'm one of the very few who does not have one!

The food at the restaurant looks delicious. I have to commend you for snapping pics. I wouldn't be able to wait that long before digging in! LOL

Have a great weekend. It'll be a busy one for me! Haven't started any shopping yet!

Hugs,
Mardell

Linda said...

I love basketball...I hope the boys having a great season. Oh, your lunch looks soooo good, it made me hungry.
Your MIL is too cute...I hope the Ducks won. Hugs, Linda

gail said...

Fun times!

I can relate to the 'restructuring' - our oldest is so busy with things this last year of high school- I can see how that will happen as he is off to college- it is a sad feeling sometimes- but I know God will help me in that 'letting' go process.
I understand the cell phone thing too.... part of our times you know ;)
God bless and have a great weekend!
Gail

Farrah said...

Why does most of your pictures have food in them ;0)!!! You're making me hungry!

It's so wonderful that you have such a close knit family. I'm sure you cherish every moment!

Blessings for your holiday's!

grey like snuffie said...

Morning Sharon, The whole duck and beaver thing is great. My youngest and I were discussing the whole new world of texting and blogging and how artifical it can be. She wonders if kids will really know how to communicate face to face. She already knows kids at the high school level can not write well. But the way people talk is very controlled and she sees kids who are totally different when she meets them face to face. It would be interesting to get a round robin discussion going on our blogs after the New Year.

Sweet Nothings said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Sorry Kenz and I couldn't be there! Looks like fun.

Love you!

luvmy4sons said...

Food looked great. Family lovely..but basketball...Ugh! LOL!

nannykim said...

Your MIL looks to young to have your hubby as a son!!

You mentioned your sons texting and the generation thingy--I look at it this way--at least they keep in touch with their friends. They actually communicate often with friends. My youngest doesn't do the texting since we didn't want to pay the extra ;-)---however he is always chatting with people on the computer (too much in some ways)--But God has really used it as a means or opportunity for witness and encouragement. So you never know, do you? ;-) Have a blessed weekend---hope ya'll thaw out.

Ruthie said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!
What great photos too.
You really do keep busy>
Blessings.
Ruthie

Ashley @ Domestic Fashionista said...

lol! Your hubby's picture at the game! I can really see the resemblance of your sons in him!

Kristen said...

You have such an amazing family!! Your boys are all so handsome. Hands down to you Sharon! You are doing an amazing job with your family and juggling everything!

Rosemary said...

What a fun day sharon! My hubby played hs basketball and so did my son! I"ve attended LOTS of games over the years! LOL! I love basketball games :) Megans dance team will be performing at some in january. I can't wait to go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...