Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Eve at our house!

Our company all arrived at about 4:30 on Christmas eve. It was my side of the family, so my parents and my two sisters and their families all came over. Above is my son Cameron, my husband Eric, my sister Kathi, behind her is her husband, Stacey and their two daughters, Jessica and Victoria.
Here we have my niece Whitney, my father Leonard, my sister Kelli and my daughter-in-law Brittany.
Here's my son Grayson visiting with his cousin, Harrison.
Here's Kelli, Brittany and Ralph visiting and waiting for the food!
Yummy! Look at all those toppings! We had a potato and salad bar! This turned out so wonderful! It was very festive and fun, but also very affordable to feed a group this size! We had 21 people total!
Here's my mother, Shirley loading up her plate!
My little kitchen gets full fast with this many people! It all went really smoothly though, not one complaint!
Kathi and Victoria building their potatoes! I love Kathi's beautiful red satin top, it is so festive!
Here's my plate. I made a yummy salad and decided to split my potato in half and made one a chili potato and the other was more of a classic with butter, cheese, chives and salsa. Yummy!!!!
This was about the only time things were quiet! LOL!
After the meal we all crammed into the living room for a white elephant gift exchange. For those of you who don't know, this means you grab something from your house that you don't want any more and wrap it up for the exchange. Usually it is something that is pretty silly! I had everyone wrap some candy in the gift so they wouldn't be totally losses! I like this picture of my nephew Harrison, he looks really handsome and I think the picture is kind of artsy with the lighting.
Here's Grammie and Grandpa sitting on the couch. He was opening a funny gift, I forgot what he got, but later on he was trying really hard to get rid of it! :0)
We had so much fun! There was so much laughter! It's really neat to think that this group of people have been getting together for over 30 years! I remember when Kelli, Kathi and I were dating our men and we got together for Christmas! Isn't that amazing now, 30 years and 12 kids later we are all still so happy to get together!
Ut, oh, now it's Hayden's turn......I'm afraid to see what's in his package.
Hummmm........this present is from his Aunt Kathi and family. He was instructed to read this note, what could it be???? Well......when he opened it it was a can of Hawaiian scented room spray! Very funny Kathi!
Now it's Brittany's turn........ut oh, she got one from Kathi too.
Here's the card that she had to read aloud. You guessed it.....when she opened her gift it was a wash rag and a towel! Too funny! I loved Kathi's idea and I'm going to use them next year!
Here's Whitney opening her gag gift.
And now her father, Ralph's turn.
Rachelle got another funny one from, Kathi and Stacey. Hers said, "Lucky you.....you've just won a fancy dinner for two." When she opened it, it was two cans of Fancy Feast cat food! LOL!
After that we played another super fun game and then we had dessert! Oh my, look at the lovely pies my Mother and sister's brought! Which one shall I chose?
What a wonderful evening we had all together. This was Mackenzie and Brittany's first Christmas together as a married couple and the first Christmas that Brittany spent with us! We had so much fun! After our guests all left, our little family gathered in the living room with the Christmas tree, in front of the fire with a warm drink and Eric read the real Christmas story out of Matthew. Then as per tradition, all the kids opened two gifts a night shirt and a book. This tradition started many years ago. I would buy them new PJs so they looked cute in the morning for the Christmas pictures and I bought a new book so they could read it in bed and help them fall asleep because they would be so excited. I still enjoying giving these gifts. I bought them for Brittany this year too! After that Mackenzie and Brittany went home to their cozy house and Cameron stayed here with us.

Thank you Lord for the blessing of family!

"Taste and see that the Lord is good!" Psalm 34:8

Tomorrow I'll be sharing about our Christmas morning. I would love to hear about your Christmases too!

Warm hugs, Sharon
P.S. Today is my brother Wade's birthday! I would like to wish him a big huge happy birthday! He could not be with us for Christmas becaues he lives in California.

15 comments:

Brenda said...

Looks like a beautiful warm and lovely Christmas with your family.I loved seeing all the pictures.

Shelley said...

Hi Sharon,what a lovely time you all had,and such cute funny gifts. I just wanted to stop by and wish you and your's many blessings in the coming "New Year".

Blessings,Shelley

grey like snuffie said...

Sharon you have so many grand ideas for families. The PJ's and book thing is brilliant. I am so thankful in my life that God is doing a new thing---so that in even 20 years I can enjoy that kind of family life that you share about.

Lille meg said...

You have had a wonderful christmas eve, I can see! Yummy food, and lovely people! Very nice christmas gifts.
I am sure you all enjoyed the day.

Linda said...

This was a wonderful evening filled with love and lots of fun. Your potatoe and salad bar looks delish and the W.E. gift exchange was a hoot....I love all Kathi's ideas...hugs, Linda

TattingChic said...

Your Christmas Eve looks like it was a delightful gathering of family and friends! How wonderful for you! Look at your beautiful holiday plates! I love 'em! :)

luvmy4sons said...

Lovely pictures. Such a great family time you had! God is good, isn't He?

Stephanie said...

I love seeing pictures of your family Christmas. Its like looking at the Cleaver family, lol!!
Very nice and thanks for sharing, you always brighten my day :)

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I love your traditions. That potato and salad bar looks like such a fun idea.

If you get a chance, stop by my blog. I posted a couple of heirloom dishes I received from my mom, and I just know you would enjoy seeing them.

Sherry said...

I started a blog! Your blog is so great and I have been a 'secret' follower for awhile...I wanted to start my own to record our family events...so I did! I put you on my sidebar! Glad you enjoyed your Christmas...we usually have snow, but this year it was 70 degrees in Oklahoma...totally unheard of. Come visit my blog sometime! I am a mom of three girls...LOL
Sherry

Mrs.Ruiz said...

I love the potato bar and Brittany explained to me what the elepahnt exchange was. What fun!!! I miss the big family gatherings. Happy Birthday to Wade:) I love the pictures, thanks for sharing

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
It looks like you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. There's no greater blessing than being with the ones we love, and you are truly blessed. Have a wonderful, happy, and healthy New Year!
Love, Velvia

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sharon for sharing Christmas Eve via your pictures. I also miss
the big family and friends
Christmas gatherings.
Just hubby and me here for
Christmas Eve. But we try
and make the best of it.
I was so looking forward
to your pictures. Of a
nice family being together
on this very special
holiday.
Thanks Again
Pamela from NE OH

Sharon said...

Hi Pamela! I'm glad that you and your hubby had a good quiet Christmas together. I hope that you have a blessed 2009!

Hugs, Sharon

Jan Parrish said...

So much fun. I love Kathi's gift idea's. I'll have to use them at the next white elephant gift exchange. :)
I love kathi's blouse. I have one just like it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...