Friday, November 7, 2008

Who wants donuts??????

Guess where I am heading early on this morning? I have no make-up on and my hair is still wet! I am heading to the donut shop with my sons! I started this little fun tradition about 14 years ago when we first moved to this town.
Every once in awhile, usually on a Friday, I would wake up the boys and say "who wants to go get donuts?" and of course they would all yell, "I do!" The older two would get all ready for school and we would pack everyone in the car and go get donuts before school. Mackenzie was in 4th grade and Cameron was in the 3rd, Grayson was only 4 years old and Hayden was just a tiny little guy at 1-1/2 years old. I didn't do this that often because I wanted it to be special and didn't want them to take it for granted. We probably did it once a month or so. Often times we would drop the big boys off at school and then the little boys and I would take a drive out to the country and finish our donuts in the car.
I have so many good memories of doing this! Well, last week when it was time for the boys to get up for school I yelled up the stairs, "who wants to go get donuts?" and they both yelled, "I do!". Because they were going straight to school after this, we drove separate vehicles.
Mmmmm! So many delicious choices! I was a good girl on this day and I did not partake!
The boys each got two maple bars. I think maple bars are our families favorite donut hands down! That's all...I just wanted to share with you this fun little idea you can do with your kids to make life a little special and to create fun memories. I hope all of you have really great weekends!

"In all things you yourself must be an example of good behavior." Titus 2:7

Hugs, Sharon

13 comments:

Judy said...

You are such a fun mom. What a fun thing to do.
Have a good Friday.
Judy

luvmy4sons said...

Fun times! Precious moments to cherish . What a great memory you have created for them!

grey like snuffie said...

Our oldest daughter has come down for the weekend and her first comment this morning was asking if the local doughnut place was still in business. She's hungry for a pinecone.

Thanks for visiting my site. I SO enjoy popping in around the country to peek into other's worlds. I read your post about getting the blues and how you tried to help yourself through it better. I so get that, mine has always been after some "big" event I was in charge of at church. All the energy and excitement of the anticipation of the coming event, even though I'm trusting God and all goes GREAT---it's like a sudden deflate.

We haven't had a child marry yet. I can't imagine the emotion that goes with that. WOW. Hope you have a wonderful day with Him.

Shelley said...

Hi Sharon,your such a good mother,and a great example ,indeed.

Blessings,Shelley

~~Deby said...

sounds good to me...
I like Fred Meyer's Apple Fritters...my husband like old fashioned buttermilk donuts, we both enjoy Krispy kreme too....
What a neat thing to do Sharon.
Deby

Michelle said...

I always love to hear of your family traditions, Sharon. I really think you've done a great job creating precious memories for your boys :)

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Michelle

Kathi said...

I love all your ideas Sharon. You are so fun. Have a great day. I work today. Love, Kathi

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Thats sweet, I try doing little inexpensive things like that with my kids too.

Sarah said...

Your such a wonderful inspiration. I am always trying to find a way to do something special with my children.

Willa said...

Oh, Sharon, you look beautiful without makeup - how do you do it?

Yes, we have always had donut traditions at our house - like everytime we have a yard sale (not that often).

We hadn't had donuts in a very long time - last night before sleep I told my husband, Erik, that I was hungry for some - so he brought me some this morning. So this posting was appropriate for me. I have one sitting in front of me that I was wondering if I should eat. lol.

Willa

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Michael and I like to do fun little outings like this. Except we tend to go get lattes instead of donuts because we don't eat them anymore. :)

Maple bars sound good. What are they?

Jennifer said...

Hey Sharon, This morning, I almost did the morning hot chocolate thing you mentioned before. Donuts sound good too,maybe we will do that tommorow!

Sunflower Farm said...

Ours was or is a Diary Queen run usually on a holiday when we do not go to town too much. Spring break we would work lots out side and the barn. So as a treat I would load up all the kids find Dad and go for a treat. We did nothing else drove over 20 miles just for ice cream. They loved it and it was so much fun

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...