Monday, November 10, 2008

They're Home!

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Fabulously Happy! :o) After the wedding Mackenzie and Brittany drove to San Diego and then took a cruise to Catalina Island and Mexico.

I'm getting a little off track here, but I want to say that I was so impressed with how smart they were with their money! They had a budget of $6,000.00 given to them so generously from her parents and they stuck to it! They both gave me permission to tell you this info. I think that it is amazing that they had this beautiful, grand wedding for $4,000.00 and then spent $2,000.00 on their honeymoon. They used all of their money so wisely down to the penny! They were able to buy her dress and veil, his suit, get the church and decorate it, have professional photos, buy the cake and provide a lovely meal for 300 people, plus go on a week long wonderful honeymoon including a three night cruise all within their budget! Brittany was so organized and used all of her connections. I thought for those of you planning a wedding you might be interested to know how much it cost and yes, it does cost a lot of money, but it doesn't have to cost twenty grand!

I felt so happy because they decided to wait to open their gifts until after the honeymoon and they invited us to come over to watch!
Our whole family was there and it was so great to talk all about the wedding and hear about their honeymoon. Mackenzie and Cameron were trying to be funny here, they remind me of that famous picture of the farmer and his wife. LOL!
This was Brittany's first time entertaining as a wife! She did an excellent job!
She provided all kinds of snacks, goodies and beverages and we brought a few things too. I love their dishes! I love how their home has come together. They made it so cozy and warm with a very cool, young, hip style!
They were so blessed by all their family and friends with so many lovely gifts, gift cards and cash. They were just showered with gifts of love!
It was fun watching them open the gifts. They got so many of the things they were hoping to get!
It's just wonderful this tradition that we have of helping young couples in love who get married, to start on the right track by helping them set up their household with gifts! I remember when I was a young bride feeling unworthy of receiving all the gifts, but over time you realize you have so many chances to give back and it really is a beautiful thing.

They are doing so well and are so happy. They are having so much fun experiencing all the little everyday things as man and wife for the very first time!

"Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." II Corinthians 9:7

Love, Sharon

19 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm glad they're back and that they are so full of joy. They did a tremendous job with the budget. You must be so proud.

grey like snuffie said...

How fun. This took me back in time. I started remembering all sorts of "firsts" that we did as newlyweds.

luvmy4sons said...

What fun stuff! It takes me back as well...we did the same thing opening gifts with everyone after we came home! I can only imagine how proud you are! It is good to start off their wedded life so frugally!

Kelly said...

Sharon it has been so much fun going on this journey with you and your family, I have learned so much and in so many ways it has helped me grow and bring me to a closer relationship with God.....you and your sister have been such an inspiration!
Have a great Monday~

Love,
kelly

Kathi said...

Wow, it's wonderful to hear how smart they were with their budget. I'm so happy for them. It looks like they have so many dear friends who care about them. I'm so glad they are happy and settled. Love the photos. Love, Kathi

Lille meg said...

I am sure it is good to have them back.
Lucky couple who got all these gifts! Also in Norway it is usual to get a lot of gifts when they get married.
Brittany seems to be a good cook.

I wish you a good week!

Brenda said...

What a beautiful time. I know you are so glad they are home safe.
Such a beautiful couple.

gail said...

They seem wise beyond their years- very wise decision they have made not starting out with spending too much on a wedding. Their house looks great! They ( and you all!) did a great job- I'll be honest- it was a mess to start with- but what fantastic results they have ended up with . You must be proud of your sweet family!
God bless!
Gail

Amy said...

Glad they are back and ready to start their life in their home together. And how nice for them to invite you over as they opened the rest of their gifts. That must have been fun!

Jan Parrish said...

I remember how hard it was when Bethany went on her honeymoon. She and dh were gone for 2 weeks to Jamaica and I only got to talk to her once. I'll bet you're glad they're back! sounds like they had a wonderful time.

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

San Diego is so lovely. I'm glad they had a wonderful time! And oh my, so many gifts! Did it take a long time to open them all?

Sondra said...

How happy they look. That is so great that they were able to budget the money so well. That practice will be helpful in the future for them. I love her plates too. So modern :) I remember when I got black plates that were octagon shaped. I thought they were just so cool at the time. LOL!

Judy said...

How nice to enjoy watching them open their gifts. Brittany is going to make Mackenzie a wonderful wife. I'm glad they enjoyed their honeymoon.
Judy

Mrs.Ruiz said...

They look so sweet together:))

~~Deby said...

What great pictures, Sharon...and how wonderful to be included in the rite of *opening the gifts*....I think we all need a bridal/home shower, maybe evry ten years or so...don't you think that would be a good idea...
your Brittany sure seems like a sweetie...welcome her to the world of being a *Mrs*.
deby

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Those were my birthday gifts from my sons girlfriend, not prizes. She says they were from both her and my son but ofcourse she picked them out and paid for them. Next Sunday is bring a friend to church and I am praying that my son will accept my invite. Please pray for my family

Linda said...

They are both such sweeet and amazing young people, with a wonderful future.
I'm happy they had a wonderful honeymoon and starting thier lives together in their own sweet home....hugs, Linda

Elena said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! That is so sweet how they had such a lovely wedding and stayed in their budget. That is something to be proud of. That is so cool they went on a cruise for their honeymoon. My husband and I went on that same cruise for our 2nd anniversary and we had so much fun!

Stephanie said...

My daughter is getting married soon and I have been wondering what a good budget is to stick to. This one seems like it was a good one and the wedding was beautiful too! Perfect :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...