Friday, November 14, 2008

Thanksgiving Decorations!

Here's my new turkey salt and pepper shakers that I found at the church rummage sale. Aren't they fabo! I love the vintage look of them with their great colors! They are perched on my kitchen windowsill.
I have them sitting there with another set of vintage shakers and an old postcard along with some amber colored candle holders with tea lights.
This is my display on my little bookcase in the kitchen. Everything looks so pretty and extra cozy by candle light!
The turkey hanging on the end is made of bee's wax. I think it is so cool!
Here's a little vignette next to the coffee pot near the sink. I told you about these candles last year. They are vintage and really collectible. They're made by Gurley and I think they are so cute!
Here is the display on the other side of the sink. More Gurley vintage candles!
There's just something about warm cozy candles lit at night!
This little Pilgrim is new to my collection this year.
Here's a cute little reproduction vintage postcard that is simply glued on to black card stock with a wire attached to the top. I makes a great easy gift and such a cute decorating touch!
This is my display in the laundry room. I put some vintage candles with an old cardboard cutout of a turkey that was used to decorate windows.
In the dining room I added a few thanksgiving themed touches.
I love these cute Pilgrim people! They are all old vintage school room decorations. There is a mother and father, daughter and son and an Indian.
I found these cute Pilgrim man and wife candlesticks at Goodwill this year. I was looking for a set to put on our dining room table.
Here's another little corner in the kitchen. Look at the cute little silver squirrel perched on the edge of a giant acorn candy dish. I think he is so cute! I like the turkey candy dish too, but his colors are a little too pastel. I think I will paint the areas on him that are pink a nice shade of red or burgundy.
Here's another cardboard turkey decoration that I simply glued an old ribbon to and hung from my bookcase.
I tend to go a bit overboard and I even decorate our powder room! The turkey and Pilgrim boy are reproduction light covers that I put lids on. I love how they look.
This is the top of my jewelry armoire in the powder room. I have an antique turkey postcard along with some cute Indian candles and an old Avon squirrel tea light holder. I have a turkey one made very similarly too. They are so heavy and so cool!
Here's another Pilgrim boy that I found this year at Goodwill. He is reproduction, but he looks really vintage. I think he is so sweet! I have him sitting on my entryway table ready to greet our Thanksgiving guests! I can't wait for Thanksgiving this year! It is one of my favorite days of the year. I will be cooking a big turkey and having my side of the family over. It should be a very fun time! Unfortunately, my sister Kathi will not be joining us as they are traveling out of town, so we will really miss them.

"I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart;I will recount all of your wonderful deeds." Psalm 9:1


Hugs, Sharon

21 comments:

Kathi said...

Sharon, I just love your cute Thanksgiving decorations. I love your whole house.

Have a great day. I work all day today and look forward to it. I get to go to a really sweet country school.

Love, Kathi

Rosemary said...

Sharon, i love your collection of thanksgiving turkeys!! My business name when I had my primitive quilt shop was Turkey Ridge primitives, so i collect turkeys tooo!! I'll have to put some pics on my blog of my collection. Thanks for sharing yours :)Rosemary

Sarah said...

Your home is so pretty all decorated for Thanksgiving. I always decorate for fall but have never really given any thought to doing a Thanksgiving theme. Your home looks very cozy.

luvmy4sons said...

Gorgeous. All of it! So lovely. I want to come and eat dinner there!

grey like snuffie said...

You have such a wonderful collection of Thanksgiving decorations. It truly is a holiday that is overlooked. I guess I need to start scoping out antique places and thrift stores--it seems to be a thing of the past for far too many.

Grandma Faith said...

Wow! You really do go all out for Thanksgiving. Your decorations are very pretty.

Carol said...

Where do I start picking my favorites, very hard to decide. OK, I LOVE your vintage pilgrim candles, my grandma Ruby had some of those. I also like the way you displayed the pilgrim family with the flower 'thingy'. Thanks for the house tour.
Smiles & Hugs,
Carol

A Romantic Porch said...

Sharon, Your Thanksgiving decor is so beautiful. I've never collected a lot of fall things, so a few years ago, I started decorating for Christmas the first of NOV, then we just have a festive time for two whole months!! Love, RAchel

linda said...

I adore all of your Thanksgiving decorations. They sure make your home look warm and inviting.

I love Thanksgiving too! Although I won't be hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year, I'm so looking forward to the holiday weekend. It will be spent with family that I love.

(Did you get a little package in the mail from me? I mailed one out awhile back but you never know about the US Mail!)

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Your home is so festive and full of holiday spirit, i could never be in a down mood if i lived in your home:))

kate said...

Your blog is beautiful, i love all
the vintage touches that youve found for thanksgiving. please see our new blog. thanks again
kate

Linda said...

Hi Sharon, all your decorations look wonderful. I love the Pilgrim people you have and you really found some great little treasurs at Goodiewill. I just realizied I haven't any little Pilgrims...I'm going to start looking for them...have a happy weekend...hugs, Linda

Cottage Contessa said...

Good morning sweetie! Just stopping by to catch up with you and wish you a wonderful weekend Sharon. I love all of your Thanksgiving decorations, and your dinner in a pumpkin! I love the warmth and love of family that comes through in all your posts too. Happy day dear friend!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Sondra said...

You go all out for every holiday. Girl you are something else :)

Ruthie said...

I love all your Thanksgiving decorations. Wish I could come and visit! :)
I thought of you last Monday. Our son from MN was in Denver for a Seminar from his work. He took an extra day off and spent Friday and the weekend with us. It was SO good to see him. Then he left and Monday I was sad - and I thought of you and how you filled up your day after the wedding so you wouldn't feel that way. So thanks for sharing your experiences - it helped me.

Hugs. Ruthie

Jan Parrish said...

Sharon, I love those pilgrim candles. My mom had some of those! You've inspired me to go get my turkey candle out of the basement for Thanksgiving.

I'm already on Christmas and have put up a few trees.

Michelle said...

I enjoyed looking at all of your Thanksgiving decor. You did a great job arranging everything!

~~Deby said...

oh...does your home look lovely for this season of thanks, .....and here we are doing our Christmas decorating..just started early since dh is on vacation.
Deby

Kelli said...

You are all ready for Thanksgiving! I love all of your decorations. Grace and I headed out to a church garage sale and we were so disappointment...we didn't find a thing! Can we come along with you next time? :0)
~Kelli

Stephanie said...

Your home is so warm and festive, I cant wait to see your pics at Christmas!
Stephanie

Heidi Ann said...

I LOVE your Thanksgiving decorations. Everything looks wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...