Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's that time of year again.........

Okay girls, you know what time of year it is right? Yep, it is cold and flu season and time for us to stock up on the necessities. I loaded up on liquid cold caps for day and night time as well as vitamin C, cough drops and Alka-seltzer Plus. I like to have this stuff in the house this time of year because you never know when you will be hit with a cold, and if I have indeed been hit with a cold, the last thing that I want to do is go to the store to get medicine.
Can't forget the Kleenex!
I couldn't live without my Echinacea! It really does work for me and my whole family. The minute I start getting sick I take two or three, three times a day and nine times out of ten, my symptoms completely go away! It is amazing stuff!
Oh and I can't forget the most important thing of all! Soup and crackers! I always crave salty things when I am sick and soup fills the bill, as well as salty saltine crackers. Even though I am getting prepared, I sure hope we don't get sick this year!
While I'm talking about medicine, I wanted to show you a little daily aggravation I have! I am a little anemic so my doctor wants me taking an iron supplement. The last time I picked some up, I accidentally got the bubble packed kind. It is so annoying!
Every day I have to push the little tablet through the foil and they don't come out easy at all. I got really tired of doing this so I came up with a solution.
I decided to take a knife and slice a little hole through the back of the bubble packs.
Then I just pop out about a week's worth.
I put them in a cute little dish along with my daily Women's vitamin.
I put them in the windowsill where I will see them every day to remind me to take them. I have a problem with forgetting to take my vitamins! I am so bad you guys, I forget all the time!! I have tried to take them to work, keep them in my purse, put them in my lunch bag and I have them out on the counter, but I still always forget to take them. I don't know what else to do to remember. I think this is awfully immature of me and so irresponsible. I need to take care of my body that God gave me and stay healthy for my family! I am determined to do better with this!
I also keep the kids vitamins on the counter in this cute little container.
You know me, I would rather have the vitamins in a cute little container instead of having all the ugly pill bottles around! LOL! It makes it really easy for them to grab their daily vitamin and a chewable vitamin C. I just have the children's multivitamin and chewable vitamin C, for safety reasons, I don't have anything stronger than that just laying about. Not that we really have anything stronger anyway. Also, we do not have small children in the house who might get into them.
I have this little note to them on the top of it to remind them to take them! I put this same note on this little box every year and I have to re-write it because it gets so yucky from all the wear and tear over a year's time!

I sincerely hope that all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving day tomorrow! I know many of you are busy with the preparations and also traveling and I want you to know that I am praying for you and wish you the best day with your loved ones! We have so much to be thankful for!

"Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well." 3 John 1:2

Love, Sharon

15 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

My kids laugh at me. I give them pills EVERY single day with their breakfast. Vitamin C is a staple in our home. They take 500 mg every day and if they show any signs of a cold they take 500 mg four times a day! But they rarely get colds!

Kelly said...

Oh boy my six year old is coughing away as I popped over to your blog, I had to chuckle and tell her that Aunt Sharon is right on the ball with things!! haha
And that we better go stock up....I did this last year but this year it has slipped my mind...I am going to run out today and stock up, and yes the worst thing is trying to get out to get these things when you are miserable. I pray too none of us have to use any of it!

((hugs))
Kelly

Connie said...

I've never had a cold or flu. Docs say I must have an immunity to it. I do get sinus attacks though once in a while. I'm very lucky.

I mentioned you and the "footstool" redo on my blog this morning. I had to laugh. Wait till you see my "ugliest footstool in the world"!! Yikes,

Happy thanksgiving and smooches, chickee,
Connie

Elena said...

I'm like you too in that I believe an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! I hope your family stays well and have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving!

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Good idea!! I need to do the same. Im just as bad about remembering to take my vitamins, I keep them right on top of the fridge so I see them but still forget. Have a wondeful day tomorrow and keep others in prayer for a safe travel:)))

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Hi Sharon,
Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit!! I enjoyed your blog as well, I hope you all don't get sick but looks like your prepared! Your home looks warm and cozy and filled with love, I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs~Kelly

Cottage Contessa said...

Having just come out of cold and flu season, I can fully understand you wanting to be prepared! I am like you, my medicine cabinet is like a mini Chemist store during the winter (well all year round actually! lol That's what happens when you grow up with a mum who worked in a Chemist store!) I pray that any illness you suffer this season is mild and sift sweetie.

On another note, I love the footstool you did. I think it turned out wonderfully! You my dear friend are a true inspiration to me!

Wishing you an awesome day Sharon!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

claire said...

I can never remember to take my vitamins and I can't stand those bubble packs too!! If it makes you feel any better, I just read some news articles stating that vitamins C and E don't protect against cancer like we were led to believe. I guess they can't hurt though!

Have a nice Thanksgiving!

Lady Farmer said...

Sending many Thanksgiving Blessings to you and your family!

LF

Brenda said...

Great Post. I wish I had it a few days ago. I have been sick since the days we pulled into Florida. It started out ALLERGY, but now bad soar throat and my nose s killing me.I need your c and herbs.

Michelle said...

You always take such good care of your family :) What a great reminder to stock up on all of those things BEFORE we need them.

Hope you & your family enjoy a beautiful Thanksgiving holiday!

Linda said...

Hi Sharon, I like to have the cold and flu meds on hand for sure....I always pack them when we travel too. I've never used Echinacea but heard lots of good things about it. I think I should get some...just in case...hugs, Linda

Kathi said...

Sharon, You are so smart and with it. What great ideas. I love your little containers.

We are having a wonderful time. I'll tell you all about it soon.

Love, kathi

April Russell said...

You are so sweet! that is sweet of you to remind them to take their vitamins that way! Also, about the plan b you are completely right. It is still killing a life! It's disgusting what our world allows now. God Bless! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Jan Parrish said...

Love this post. Very timely. My DH has a cold and I pray I am not getting it. I should catch up on my rest this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...