Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's a good thing........

Can you see anything? Neither can I.......that's the problem! My new DVD/CD player is a multi disc player and when you open it you cannot see the numbers at all!
I got a free little light up key chain at work and I thought, okay, this will help! This should shed some light on the situation!
Which it did.......see there, it says disc "4". This worked okay, but was so annoying every time I wanted to watch a DVD or listen to a CD, I was frantically looking around to find my free, little, mini flashlight so I could see what slot my disc was in!

One day, my sister, Kathi, came over to spend the night and we were trying to watch a DVD. I was explaining to her how I couldn't read the disc slot number and how I had to go through my little routine to see the number. She told me she had the exact same problem with her DVD player! We started talking about how dumb this was. I told her I was going to get my white nail polish and paint the numbers, but I knew that would be sloppy and I wished that they made a white permanent marker. She suggested using a silver Sharpie pen! What a great idea Kathi! I'm gonna try it!
So I went right out and purchased a silver Sharpie pen.
It was easy as pie! I just followed the imprint of each number.
Look how easy it is to read the numbers now! I love quick easy ideas like this! Now why couldn't the electronic manufacturers think of such a simple idea???!!! Thank you dear sister!

"God is light, and in him is no darkness at all." I John 1:5b

Have a happy weekend!

Love, Sharon

13 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Klever Kathi!

Michelle said...

That really is a great idea! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh my goodness! You girls are amazing! xo rachel

~~Deby said...

"necessity is the mother on invention"
Don't know who's quote that is..but it sure applies. Great idea...Mcgyver.
Deby

Mrs.Ruiz said...

So simple:)

Jocelyn said...

I wouldnt have thought of that !
This is why I love reading blogs, you get the BEST information and tips !

Linda said...

What a neat idea..have a wonderful weekend...hugs, Linda

grey like snuffie said...

I'm headed to my DVD player now. I was thinking your same thought at first---but then had the thought that the polish might chip off and get into the machine. Don't you just love how God sends helpers all throughout our lives.

Jan said...

You're a clever one! : )

Ruthie said...

Great idea. My CD player is the same. I had thought of using whiteout but just hadn't gotten around to it yet. The silver pen is better yet! I'm going to do that to ours. :)

luvmy4sons said...

Gotta love a smart gal like you!

Stephanie said...

Great idea! When I cant see them I always think its my eye sight getting worse! Im glad to see Im not alone!!
Stephanie

Jan Parrish said...

You are the cleverest chick of all time! Great thinking. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...