Sunday, November 2, 2008

I want to give God the glory!

My heart has been so grateful lately for all the Lord has done in my life. I want to give Him the glory for everything! When you go through big milestones in your life, you tend to reflect on your life and remember everything, and that is what I have been doing. My heart has been so full of joy and thankfulness to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
At my son's wedding an old friend, Michelle, was so very sweet to me and she pointed something out to me. She told me that she can see that my life has been so blessed by the Lord and she started listing things. I have always been thankful, but to hear it from someone else's mouth was profound. The first thing she said was something like, "Eric is in the timber industry, which has been one of the most declining industries over the last two decades and God has kept Eric working all these years!"
I never looked at it like that. I look back on all of it and can't believe it. Yes, through all the hard times with the timber industry in Oregon, my husband has always had steady work and always been able to support our family! Thank you God! She then mentioned other areas where the Lord has been so faithful to us and blessed us with our marriage, our sons, our health, etc. I want to publicly praise God for his favor upon our family and give Him the glory for all of it! Now mind you, it has not been all bliss! We have had our fair share of husband and wife fights, children who cheat on tests, health issues, broken hearts, disappointments, injuries, money troubles, car trouble, extended family problems, threats of lawsuits, etc. but God has been the center of all of it for us and we have taken His yoke and He has guide us, helped carry our burdens and we found rest in Him.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:28
Also, lately I have been really seeing the fruits of my prayers unfolding. I can see where my many years of being on my knees and praying over my husband and our four boys have been answered. God has been so faithful and honored my prayers.

The number one thing that I pray for is that all of my children are walking with the Lord and that they all will be men after God's own heart. I constantly pray this. I also pray that all of them will be men of character. God is so good and has honored my requests. Our two older sons, Mackenzie and Cameron have moved out of the home and are accountable to the Lord as adults, and they are walking very close with Him. We still have two boys under age 20 that are not quite adults yet, so our job as parents is not complete yet, but I see that He is answering these prayers for them too. Another example of an answered prayer is that He brought Mackenzie his beautiful wife, Brittany, whom I have been praying for for about 14 years. I still continue to pray for our other three sons future wives. Another answered prayer lately is that my son Cameron has made the decision to not move to Spokane! Also, that the Lord protected both Grayson and Hayden during the whole football season this year.


Prayer after prayer, big and small have been answered. Some prayers have taken years, some are within hours. Sometimes the answer is "no" or a shut door, and sometimes it is "yes" with the door wide open. I could not imagine my life without the Lord right by my side guiding and directing me.

To God be the Glory! Great things He hath done!

"It is good to praise the Lord and make music to Your name, O Most High, to proclaim Your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night, for You make me glad by Your deeds, O Lord; I sing for joy at the works of Your hands. Psalm 92:1,2,4


In Him ~ Sharon

14 comments:

My Grandkids ROCK said...

I totaly hear what you are saying. I feel like God has be so very good to me. I was blessed with the most wonderful husband and family. I pray always. I remember when the kids were playing sports. I didn't want to pray for them to win because I knew the other teams moms would pray that too and God shouldn't have to choose who to answer yes to. So I would pray that we would be the happiest ones after the game.:) Have a great day. Pam

Lille meg said...

Yes, we all should give glory to the Lord!
Thank you for this post.Very good!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

This post hit the spot with me this morning. Thank you for your encouraging words and reminder that we can rest in Him during troubling times.

Gina

Carol said...

Dear Sharon,
God is good! I'm thankful for so many things in my life too. Thank you for sharing your love of God in your blog. I am blessed everyday to read your blog & so many others that aren't afraid to share the message of the Lord.
Hugs & Love,
Carol

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

What an inspiring post.

Ruthie said...

Truly God has blessed you and your family and I'm glad you are giving thanks to Him. How wonderful it is to have a Heavenly Father to care for us.
Blessings.\Ruthie

Kathi said...

Sharon, This is such a beautiful post and tribute to the goodness of our Lord. You are truly blessed and I am too. I would like to do a similar post and thank the Lord publicly. God is so good. I love you, Kathi

Elena said...

This is a beautiful post. I agree that the Lord is so good in our greatest joys and our hardest trials!

Amy said...

God is very good! Thank you for sharing this. I love to see God working in the lives of others and hearing how He has blessed so many. That is a blessing to me.

Jan said...

I loved and appreciated this post Sharon! Thank you!

luvmy4sons said...

Life is quite the journey...and it is good to look back and recall His faithfulness. May God continue to bless your family.

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Another beautiful post!!! You always have me crying, thanks for being just like the rest of us:)

Anonymous said...

Sharon,
You wrote this post on Sunday,but I needed your post today. I too am so blessed and without a doubt God is always with me, but days like today I have to ask many times and very strongly for God to help me keep my faith. Help me with my unbelief. He has never left me nor not taken care of me and my family, so I hate days like today when the last thing I should do is doubt him. I read his word during lunch and then your post picked me up more. I am too blessed to let the devil take away one ounce of my faith!
Thank you, you are a blessing to others.
Kim

Sharon said...

Dear Kim,

I am sorry to hear you are having a rough day. I should have kown that the minute I published that post I would get attacked! Today has not been the best day for me and I am finding that I am crying out to the Lord to come rescue me! I actually went into the bathroom at work and did this! He is faithful and we can't be shaken! He has a plan and He is in control. I choose to TRUST GOD!

Hope things get better!

In Him ~ Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...