Sunday, November 23, 2008

I love Sundays like these.........

I love Sunday afternoons like this. I love it when we get up and have a good breakfast, go to church and then come home to a cozy, warm house. I love it when I have a good dinner cooking and I have baked something good like cookies, brownies or a pie.
I love it when I walk out to the garage and see all my guys busy working on their projects. Here is Grayson working on his motorized bike.
Here's Hayden busy making a shelf for his room with Bailey eagerly watching.
And here's my darling husband out in the driveway washing all our vehicles. It is just so heart warming to me to know that my family is all home and safe and busy doing projects. I remember days like this when all four of the boys were out working in the garage with their Dad.
This is Hayden's final project! It turned out really well. It will hold all his video games and DVDs. I am proud of him for coming up with the idea, designing the shelf and then making it!
Since our older sons have moved out we started a new tradition of Sunday gatherings. They come over on Sunday evening for dinner and a movie. On this night, Hayden's friend Ryan joined us for dinner.
Cameron has missed a lot of these because he is always working, but recently started coming again. Sometimes we have a fancy sit down dinner in the dining room........
.....and sometimes its a quick pizza while we're watching a movie.
I love it when my kitchen is full of my loved ones dishing up. It's so fun to have a full household again!
On this night we celebrated Rachelle's 16th birthday (Rachelle is Grayson's girlfriend). We had pizza and rented the new Indiana Jone's movie.
Our family room is really small with not much seating, so we brought in our two wing back chairs from the living room for Grayson and Rachelle to sit in. Hayden sat in our computer chair. Eric gets to sit in his man chair!
Mackenzie and Brittany sat on the couch with me and Cameron laid on the floor. We are all packed in there, but it's really fun!
Happy birthday Rachelle! I made her a yummy, yummy cake. Click here for the recipe.
She liked her presents and she told us she had a great time. I just love family Sundays! I hope you have a great day with your family today!

God bless you!

"It is good to give thanks to the Lord,to sing praises to His name, O Most High." Psalm 92:1

Hugs, Sharon

10 comments:

April Russell said...

Wow! You have such a beautiful family! God blesses us so much with people who love us and whom we love. Thank you for sharing your pictures of your family with us!

Kathi said...

Sharon, I love seeing you sweet and loving family and cozy home. You are a role model to many, especially me. I love you, Kathi

Elena said...

That is so cool that you have your grown kids for Sunday dinner. We do that with my husband's parents and my husand said that when he was growning up, they lived near his mom's parents. So, every Sunday they and their Aunt and Uncle too went to his grandparents house. So his grandparents had all their kids and grandkids over for Sunday dinner every week. When I was dating my husband he told me that Sunday is family day. Since my family lived so far away, I really liked that idea! Blessings to you! Elena

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Thats a great picture of all your men working together in the garage. You are so blessed. You did things in life right. My first half was full of mistakes and Im trying to make up for it now:)))

Jan said...

Hi Sharon! I'm catching up on your last few posts and have to say you are blessed! Thank you so much for sharing with us!

Joyfull said...

What a great Sunday! I love the tradition of Sunday dinners surrounded by family. You are such an inspiration on being a gracious hostess and creating a beautiful home atmosphere. You are a wonderful blessing to me! Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with us.

luvmy4sons said...

I will say it again. You have such a lovely family. Gorgeous girl your son has!

Cottage Contessa said...

Good morning sweetie! I love it when you do posts of your awesome and close knit family! I wish I could have grown up in a family like yours, how cool would that have been! Enjoy every moment, and have a wonderful start to the week Sharon!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Michelle said...

I LOVE seeing all of your family together! It's so heartwarming to see how close-knit all of you are :)

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sunday dinners is a wonderful idea! Wouldn't it be grand to have a month of Sundays!

Gina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...