Saturday, November 1, 2008

Homecoming!

Last Friday before the big homecoming game the school had a homecoming parade. I was at work and ran down there on my break. It was over in 5 minutes, but it was so cute! Our town has such awesome school spirit!
The coach would not let the varsity team be in the parade, but the JV got to be in it. There is my son Hayden on this float with his football buddies. He's the only one with a sweatshirt hiding his jersey!
I love this little town! We have a parade for everything!!! Later that evening we headed to the high school to watch the big varsity game. Here are some of my friend's selling booster items at the game, from left to right Elaina, Lisa and Kim. We have such a great group of parents that really support the school! These gals are here faithfully every home game working for the Booster Club to earn money to put back into our sports program. Here's Chris and Tim cooking hamburgers for the Booster Club's consession stand as they do every home game! Tim is the father of Rachelle, who is my son Grayson's girlfriend.
What's a homecoming game without the team mascot! Go bulldogs!
It was a beautiful evening! Perfect for the homecoming football game. You can see the cheerleaders down there:

Bulldogs are here to fight,


We’ll win this game tonight!


We’re here to move, Get in the groove!


So get em, hey yeah, go get em,


Get em, hey yeah, go get em!

At halftime each class had a float and they drove by the crowd to be judged. There were very cute floats this year. I didn't get a picture, but after the floats paraded past us they had all the homecoming princesses arrive driving in classic cars and they announced the homecoming queen.
After that they turn off the stadium lights and they burned a big wooden letter B (for Bulldogs), as they have done for many, many years. It is always so special and fun. This year was extra special because all the football players came out from the locker room after half-time and they stood before it. You can see the silhouette of them at the base of the fire. Grayson told me they all took off their helmets and raised them in the air and cheered for their school! It was so moving, especially this year because it is our son's senior year.
We won the game! We beat the other team 45 to 12. Because we were so far ahead they let the JV guys in the game, so Hayden got to play! He did really well! Eric and I were both so very proud! We heard both of our sons names called over the loud speaker at this game! Here's a picture of them after the game looking tough.
Same shot, but now they're smiling!
Both the boys grandpa's came to watch the big game and here is a picture of Hayden, Grandpa Jim, Grandpa Leonard, Eric and Grayson after the game. What a perfect night!
After the game the football players went to Denny's, as they always do, and Eric and I went to our friends Pete and Lisa's house for homemade potato soup! Lisa made the soup and the rest of us brought bread and toppings. Here are my good friends, most of whom I have known since Grayson was a kindergartner, from left to right, Alisa, Elaina, Kim, Kim, Lisa, Me, Nichole and Shelby. I feel so blessed to have these neat women as my friends!
The next night, Saturday night, was the night of the homecoming dance. This is Hayden's first time going. Here is is ready to go! He bought his date a beautiful wrist corsage.
Here is is with his date, Destiny. They went out to a fancy dinner with two of their friends before the dance. Aren't they cute! I think they look a little like that famous couple from High School Musical, Troy and Gabriella! Destiny is cousin's with Grayson's girlfriend, Rachelle! It's a small world!
Here's Grayson and Rachelle. We let Grayson drive our new car to homecoming this year!
They looked so beautiful together. Her dress is so pretty! This is the group that Grayson and Rachelle went with. I think they all look so nice! After these pictures they all went to a nice restaurant by the river.
Grayson bought Rachelle a beautiful wrist corsage.
I love this picture of Grayson and Rachelle. It was a very memorable evening for all the kids. I'm so glad that both boys went and had such a great time. Because we were home alone, Eric and I went on our own date too and we had a great evening as well!
"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved by Him. A worker who has no need to be ashamed." II Timothy 2:15

Hugs, Sharon

9 comments:

Shelley said...

Hi Sharon,its been awhile since I have stopped by. Congrats. to your son and his lovely bride. All your fall decorations are so sweet. I really had fun playing catch up here. I plan to visit you more.

Blessings,Shelley

Pearl said...

Hi Sharon... As always, I so enjoy visiting you 'n seeing photos of your family and all of the fun things going on in your life. I was so tickled that you were able to visit me the other day... thank you, and thank you for leaving a sweet comment! I've been behind with my blogging, as well, and am slowly making my come-back... I had tears in my eyes as I read all of your posts that I'd missed... Your son's wedding was so beautiful. Please pass along my Congratulations to the happy couple. I'm so glad that God has blessed your family in so many ways... He is such a good and amazing Father to all... I hope that this new month is off to a great start for you... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Lille meg said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful photos of your family.
Congratulations to the married couple!
All the pictures are so nice!
Happy Saturday, and Sunday!:)

Lori said...

Sharon, great hometown pride and school! What state? I so miss friday nite football! But hey, where's the marching band??? I have always been a band mom can you tell????LOL later,Lori

luvmy4sons said...

BEAUTIFUL! Simply gorgeous couples!

southerninspiration said...

Sharon, thanks for visiting my blog and commenting! I loved reading about your school's homecoming... ours was just last weekend. My last child at home is a girl. Both boys have graduated high school. Funny thing is that our high school mascot is ALSO the bulldog!
Loved all the pics and your friends look like a great group of women!
Suzanne

Cottage Contessa said...

Oh my gosh sweetie, this post gave me goose bumps because it is so beautiful! Your family truly are what I would call a success story! Just wonderful! Your blog is always the first one I visit each morning over coffee because I just love how the love you have for your family comes through. Love that!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Kathi said...

Sharon, What gorgeous young couples. What a fabulous day and evening. It's wonderful that they won the game too. They do look like the cuties from H.S. Musical. I love the dresses too. The whole evening is jam packed with fun and friends. I'm so happy for you. Love, Kathi

Jan Parrish said...

Thanks for sharing the evening with us. Brings back many memories...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...