Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veterans Day!


Let us solemnly remember the sacrifices of all those who fought so valiantly,
on the seas, in the air, and on foreign shores, to preserve our heritage of freedom,
and let us reconsecrate ourselves to the task of
promoting an enduring peace so that all their efforts shall not have been in vain.
~ President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thank you to all who have served our country, past and present, for fighting for our country and for our freedom, and for fighting for what is right. May God bless all of you and may God bless America! Thank you for all that you have sacrificed.

"My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them and health to all their flesh." Proverbs 4:20-22

With gratitude, Sharon


9 comments:

Brenda said...

Amen Sharon. Thanks for a great post.

grey like snuffie said...

I can't even imagine what the lives of our military and their families are like. "Be big God, Be big in their lives."

Elena said...

Amen, to this post!

Mary said...

Sharon,

A beautiful tribute to veterans past, present and future. Thank you so much.

I will be watching the services on tv this year and observing our two minutes of silence. Dad's and my uncles names are engraved on the Roll of Honor at the centotaph here for the roll they played in WWII.

Blessings,
Mary

luvmy4sons said...

Amen.

Mrs.Ruiz said...

What a beautiful post:)))

Susan's Snippets said...

Sharon - Stopped by from Mabel's House blog - I will stop by again and check out your posts - so far I enjoy what I have read - love for family, friends, country and our Lord.

keep walking forward

Ruthie said...

A great post.
I also enjoyed your last post of the rummage sale. You have a knack for finding wonderful treasures!
Smiles.

Jan Parrish said...

Amen. Awesome tribute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...