Saturday, November 22, 2008

Getting river fish with Hayden

Last month we sold Cameron's big 100 gallon fish tank that was in Hayden's bedroom. It was the big fish tank that got clogged when my company was here and started stinking up our whole house (click here to read the whole story)! Now I can laugh about it, but at the time I was really upset! Any way, the fish in there were huge and they were part of the deal when we sold it. Hayden wanted to keep a small 15 gallon tank in his room and I caved and said he could. He had one small fish that he kept, but he wanted to go down to the river and get two river guppies to add to his tank.
So he grabbed a little bucket and a net and I drove him down to the river.
I just love how these pictures turned out. I know the days of my son being a boy are coming to an end. He is a freshman in high school now and starting to really become a man.
I just want to soak in all these quiet mother son moments that we have. I have always done this sort of thing with my sons. I listen to them and if something is important to them and we can afford it or we have the time, I do special things for them. I have hauled all kinds of animals, equipment, motorized vehicles, furniture, etc. in my van for my sons for some project or hobby of theirs. They are not spoiled, they do not just get whatever they want, but I try so hard to make their dreams happen!
I feel so blessed to have memories like these. When I get sad with the overwhelming feelings that my nest is becoming empty and I remember specific moments with one or all of my sons, I stop and think, hey at least we really did have that moment, we did LIVE that moment. We did that thing and I am remembering it, not wishing that I had done it, I really did it!
I am so blessed with my good boys! I am so blessed with my wonderful Hayden!
I remember taking moments like these and sharing things about the Lord with them. I have always prayed over them and talked with them about being fishers of men as the Lord has called them to be. I always try to talk about things of the Lord when I am with my boys.
Well, it looks like he found his two guppies, here they are swimming around in the bucket.
I guess we're done here.
It's time to go home.
Thank you Lord for this beautiful moment with my son.

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

Hugs, Sharon

11 comments:

Kathi said...

Sharon, How precious and sweet! You are such a great mom. I love you. Kathi

Judy said...

Oh, hold on to every bit that you can. My youngest has grown up too fast. She's now in 10th grade and no longer my "baby" girl. I hardly ever see moments like this anymore.
I've been too busy to stop by lately. I'll have to check out your other posts.
Judy

Mrs.Ruiz said...

You are a wonderful mom, I wish I could be half the mom you and Kathi are:))

Jocelyn said...

What great pictures !
That is so awesome! I wish I had a camera when they were younger, I missed a lot of great photo ops!
You are such a great MOM!

Deb said...

Great story Sharon, train up a child. Deb

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

What sweet pictures! :) Thank you for sharing them with us.

I'm behind in reading and commenting, I'm afraid. That tiger man is scary! I've been avoiding all things pregnant man so I don't know too much about it. No thank you!

Your pie looks so delicious. I've an inkling to bake pies now! :)

Gina

My Grandkids ROCK said...

Hey Sharon, I love the pictures. You have very handsome sons. My girls are both married now, darn it. :) Have a great day. Pam

Linda said...

Sharon, a happy day, great pictures and wonderful meories to hold in your heart...hugs, Linda
Sharon, I found my turkey plates at Ross...I really like them too....L

Jan Parrish said...

Love this post. Great photo's too. Especially the last one.

luvmy4sons said...

Aaaawh. Great and wonderful moments to cherish. Amen to your focus as a mother!

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh Sharon...this last picture, the one where it is a bit darker, you HAVE to frame that....it is heavenly!!!!!!
He is growing into such a great guy! You have done a wonderful job with all of them.

Blessings To You and Your Family
This Thanksgiving!!!!

Kelly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...