Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fall into my backyard...........

The last few days I kept looking out my kitchen window and thought how beautiful all the leaves were. They have fallen so gracefully all over our backyard, onto the patio furniture, the deck, the rocks and the grass. I decided to get out there and take some pictures! They are just beautiful!
I love that God is such a creative God and He made our world with four seasons. I feel so blessed to live in Oregon because we truly get to experience all four of the seasons in full glory!
Everywhere I looked I saw art! As if an artist purposely laid all the leaves in a fancy display so they could paint them.

Leaves.........by Elsie N. Brady

How silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground
To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.

At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.
Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow.
"Even if something is left undone,
everyone must take time
to sit still and watch the leaves turn."
~ Elizabeth Lawrence
Autumn....Carol L. Riser

"When the trees in their summer splendor
Change to raiment red and gold,
When the summer moon turns mellow,
And the nights are getting cold;
When the squirrels hide their acorns,
And the woodchucks disappear;
Then we know that it is autumn,
Loveliest season of the year."
Okay, now let's go up the stairs and take a peek.......................oh, isn't it beautiful! I love how the Autumn leaves smell too!
Hey, look who's out playing in the yard! It's Hayden playing on the trampoline with Bailey! I thought this picture turned out so cool. Notice the leaves on the trampoline!


"No Spring nor Summer Beauty hath such grace
As I have seen in one Autumnal face."
~ John Donne

I hope that all of you have blessed Sundays! We are going to church and then will just come home to hang around the house and have a relaxing afternoon, perhaps build a fire, and I am going to make an apple pie and a good dinner because all my kids will be here for dinner and a movie! I love days like this!

"He has made everything beautiful in its time." Ecclesiastes 3:11

Hugs, Sharon

12 comments:

Connie said...

I love seeing the leaves falling from the trees each autumn, but that Bailey is brave to be on there with your son, sweetpea!! WOW. Your backyard is just lovely also. I wish ours looked that good.
Smooches,
Connie

grey like snuffie said...

We've had a lot of wind recently and I have really enjoyed driving down streets and feeling like it was snowing leaves. God was so wise to set aside one day a week to rest.

Elena said...

I love fall leaves. Great pictures. A couple of years I found a beautiful leaf, scanned it in my computer and printed it. I then laminated it and tied a sparkly ribbon on it. I made several of them and gave them to my sister and she used them a Chirstmas tree decorations!

Kathi said...

I love this lovely post. Your poems and tribute to the Lord are beautiful. I'm so happy you get to have everyone plus your new daughter-in-law with you today. What a joy.

Love, Kathi

Mrs.Ruiz said...

I agree Oregon is beautiful. The only thing now is the trees are bald:(

Carol said...

Wonderful photos on your post today! I love autumn. Have a great time with your family today!
Smiles & hugs,
Carol

Sondra said...

beautiful pictures

Kelly said...

This sounds like the perfect Sunday!!Enjoy everybody today and enjoy your pie!

((hugs))
Kelly

gail said...

beautiful~

it is as if an artist carefully arranged all those leaves- Our Creator- what an artist He is!

Blessings!
Gail

luvmy4sons said...

Lovely leaves...lovely photos.

Jan Parrish said...

What a fun backyard tour. I hate to rake up the leaves because I love the way they fall too!

Judy said...

What a wonderful post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...