Monday, November 17, 2008

End of the season.........

Well, the season is over and I will not be seeing Grayson in a Bulldog football uniform anymore.
Overall it was a really good season. They ended up being 5-5. When the season started I knew that it would go really fast, so I tried to soak it all in. Here are a few of my favorite memories. A really great memory for me was the night I got to see both of my younger sons dressed down for the same football team. They actually both got to play in a couple of games together too, which was so awesome!
Having special people come to the games was great too. Above is Grayson with his grandpa Leonard (my father).
Here's Brittany, Mackenzie, Cameron and Eric watching a game. It was always fun when family members came to watch.
Here's my mother-in-law, Alice and Brittany and I.
I love this picture of all four of my sons together.
Grayson with his Grandpa Jim and Grandma Alice. A really good memory of mine is when we had an away game and Grayson's girlfriend, Rachelle, drove up with Eric and I. We had a great visit in the car, but one time I turned around to talk to her and she was doing her homework. I thought, "what a responsible, sweet young lady!"
At that same away game against the Eagles, Hayden was a ball boy. Here he is with his friend Sam in the rain. We had perfect weather all season except for this game and it only rained for half the game, it really wasn't too bad.
This is a picture of the "visitor" section. We laughed at this weird set up, it reminded me of the judges section in an horse show or something. I have so many good memories of sitting with these same parents year after year watching our sons play football. Most of the boys have been playing together since the 3rd grade!
I love this picture. Before every game we salute the American flag. All the boys are showing respect to the flag. I am proud that Grayson (third from the right) has his hand on his heart.
Here's Rachelle and I sitting in the rain. We were both cheering for the guy we liked best!
We met my sister, Kathi, and her kids at the Eagle game too. We had a lot of fun even though we lost.
On the last game of the season they had "senior night", where they honored the senior players. The parents get to go down on the track along with siblings and girlfriends of the players. The parents bring balloons and goodies and the boys give their mothers roses. They also read a short tribute to the parents that the boys wrote.
I thought I would cry, but I didn't. It was really fun. Some of my friends had a hard time though and cried a lot. I guess I felt like I really enjoyed the whole season and I know that Grayson has so much more ahead of him.
Also, I went through all of this with my older two boys during their senior years. They didn't play football, but I remember thinking that every event we went to for them was there last. It was really, really hard on my when my first son, Mackenzie, graduated and then it was also very hard when my second son, Cameron, graduated the very next year. I guess I learned a lot about appreciating every moment and also that it is not the end of the world, just the end of high school! It is the start of something new!
Here's the team roaring after their final game, which they won! This was the last time they all stood out in the field and cheered like this.
I snapped one last picture of all the guys together.
Here's our family together. It was a great night. Gray and Rachelle.
All the moms! What an emotional night for us gals!
I snapped some pictures of Grayson's helmet. It has a little wear and tear! See all the stickers, he earned one every time he did something good during a game.
I'm proud of how well he did! He had great moments in every game. He tried his hardest and had a ball. One of the best plays he had was when he caught the ball on a kick return and ran it down 75 yards for a touchdown after breaking through two tackles! It was amazing! It is very sad for me to know this is all over, but at the same time, I am so proud of him and we did have such a lot of fun watching him and he had such fun playing. It would be really wonderful if he could go on to play in college, we will see! I am really proud of him and all my boys because they have such balanced lives and sports is just a small piece of the pie for them. They have so many other things that they are interested in and I think that is just great. Plus......basketball just started!!!!
In the mean time........we have three more years of watching this guy!!!!

Have a great Monday!

"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart." Proverbs 15:30

Hugs, Sharon

16 comments:

grey like snuffie said...

Fun to peek into your boy world---we're clueless in that area. :) When our last one hit her Senior year I tried to hang on to every moment. It was wonderful to think of what God might do after high school but I was sad to see all the fun of high school end.

Kathi said...

Sharon, The boys are such gifted athletes. It's wonderful that you all can go watch them play. It makes such happy memories. I loved going to the Eagle game with you. Now we will go meet you at the basketball games!!!

Love ya, Kathi

Lille meg said...

Nice pictures! I am sure you love them, and the persons in them.
I am also sure you love to see your boys playing.
I wish you a nice week!:)

Rosemary said...

Aw what fun memories! I can never understand parents who don't come to the games to watch their kids play sports. Megans last game was a week ago, and we were ready for it to be over with :) Now competition season starts! Rosemary

luvmy4sons said...

If you are like me the end of football is bittersweet. I am glad that life slows down a little. Glad I don't have to sit in inclement weather freezing while I watch. But it is the end of a season. Life is so about accepting the seasons of our life. As always I loved seeing pics of your beautiful family. I am GLAD mine don't play basketball! LOL!

Connie said...

Oh, you know I enjoyed reading your "boy world" post...My last post was very similar. (hey we just played the Bulldogs last week!)Does your son want to play college football next year? It sounds like he's quite an athlete. What fine looking boys you have... It's always so hard on senior night.

Simply Heart And Home said...

It seems that football season goes by so quickly. Thank you for sharing your pictures!

Gina

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Thats pretty cool!!! I think we are the Thurston Colts, not me but the highschool

Beth said...

Hi Sharon,
I want to apologize for not responding to your kind comment left on my blog. Truth is, I forget to check comments. I've enjoyed peeking into your life. We do have a lot of similarites. This past weekend was spent watching our last child perform in her last high school musical (she was the wicked queen in Once Upon a Mattress and boy was she typecast! LOL). We are facing our year of lasts and it is bittersweet.

Anyways, I'm going to stick your sweet blog on my bloglines so I can remember to keep up with you.

Mimi said...

what memories,
My high school team were the "Bulldogs"...but our colors were green and white....
but I can remember the final football games...

Keep those year books... they bring back lots and lots of memories

Linda said...

I enjoyed all the game pictures...brought back many school memories for me. I really love the school spirit, "senior night" is a wonderful way to end the season...honoring the players and parents, I think this is especially nice....hugs, Linda

Kelly said...

What great pics, Sharon! P.S. Rachelle is such a sweetheart! You've really been blessed by great gals in your son's lives...as I'm sure they are by having you in theirs. :o)

...and happy birthday to Bailey!

christmas river said...

Hi there!
Found you through my friend Kathy Colby's blog and just had to comment on those four beautiful (I mean Handsome!) sons of yours. I have four daughters (actually six, two are young foster daughters), and I cannot begin to imagine what a household of boys is like! Your family comes across as strong in love, great fun and you have just as much passion for making memories with them as I do. Will be sure to keep checking in on you,
God Bless you all from 'Down Under'
Shani @ christmasriver.wordpress.com

SweetAnnee said...

What a great season..and awesome memories..Congrats!!!
and yes look forward to more years..and lots
of changes too,.
deena

Michelle said...

I always enjoy looking at your pictures, Sharon...you really capture such great moments to look back on and treasure!

Tyler is not an athlete (more into his band and working) so we've missed out on the high school sports experience :( But that's OK, ya know...it just worked out that way.

Hope your week is going well so far!!!

shopannies said...

We love football as well and this year my son was a junior so next year will be our last. I love the feeling of going and being proud of him for being part of the team. Now he is in wrestling before long he will be a senior and the games will be just memories but what memories!!!!!! That is why we support them because we love them they make us proud just for being who they are.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...