Thursday, October 30, 2008

This project's a HOOT!

Just wanted to share with you a very easy little project! I have several of these vintage die cut cardboard holiday decorations. This is a very large owl that I found at the Goodwill;I found a whole box of these vintage decorations that once belonged to a school teacher. Isn't he amazing! The graphics are so awesome. I couldn't find anyplace to hang him, so I decided to glue a ribbon on the back and hang him in front of a bookcase.
All I did was get some old black rickrack and cut it to size.
Then I hot-glued it on the back.
It's simple as pie!
I hung it in our home office in front of the bookcase.
Here is a turkey that I did last year. This one I did a little different, I used a hole punch and made two holes and then tide the ribbon on. Aren't his colors beautiful!
And here is the pheasant that I made last year too.
It is such a cute way to display these old holiday decorations. Where else should this wise old owl be except in the library with all my books!

"Give to the Lord the glory He deserves." Psalm 96:8

Hugs, Sharon

11 comments:

Jan said...

Sharon, those are great! They must be vintage because they remind me of the things my teachers used when I was a kid. They must be VINTAGE! LOL!

Judy said...

Oh how cute they are. I do like how you displayed them.
Have a wonderful Thursday.
Judy

luvmy4sons said...

My sister in law used to collect owls. That one is a cutie. Your house is so cheery and light. Lovely!

Lille meg said...

Well done! The birds are so cute!

Jennifer said...

Nice and easy project, thats how I like em! Good idea Sharon!

Mrs. Rabe said...

Those are cute and what a cute way to hang them - I may have to look to do something like this for Christmas!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

That owl is so cute. And you found the perfect place for him.

Kathi said...

Sharon, I love this idea. You are so amazing. I love them so much. Kathi

Mrs.Ruiz said...

That is a perfect spot for the owl. You are so clever:)

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

Sharon.
Love the decorations,now about the fridge, I have the same problem I always tell myself that it won't happen again,but somehow it does. Great idea about keeping lettuce and onions fresh and handy.

And how are those newly weds doing? And have you and Eric caught up on your rest?

Blessings Sue

mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
I love your wise old owl! I have some really old cutouts that I bought at a g.sale a few yrs. back. (Bought from a retired teacher.) I saw a cutout just like one of mine in an antique store & she priced it at $25! I have five or 6 of them. Wow!

Happy Halloween & have a great weekend! Our weather is beautiful here in NY ~ hope it is where you are too.

Hugs,
Mardell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...