Tuesday, October 28, 2008

More fall decorating!

This is the first thing you see when you enter my home. I decorated the entryway table with a couple of vintage ceramic pheasants and some faux pumpkins. My friend, Jill, gave me the Happy Halloween sign and I just love it.
I tucked a little candle inside an antique transferware teacup along with some candy corn.
On the staircase landing I have three light up jack-o-lanterns and a fabric scarecrow that my son, Mackenzie, bought for me. This little scene looks so cute at night. By the way, these vintage light ups are very collectable now and are going for around $60.00 to $80.00! I found all of mine at garage sales and good will for under $2.00 each!
On top of the computer desk I put a really cute little scarecrow man that I found at Goodwill along with the two new crows that I found at the Dollar Tree and a carved pumpkin votive holder.
This is my new very cool cast iron pot that I found in the summer at a Goodwill. If you recall when I first showed this to you, I practically dove for this one! I also found the cute little squirrel plaque at Goodwill too.
Oh, I just love this! I love the raised leaf pattern on it. It looks pretty at night with candles burning in it.
Here's my little bookshelf in the kitchen.
I love this cute little bucket!
Mmmmm candy! I love to decorate with seasonal candy.
This is my collection of vintage Halloween items. It's hard to find vintage Halloween things because they would get ruined or people just threw them away. There are many items out there, but they are very expensive. I get excited when I find an old piece that is cheap at a garage sale.
I like to focus more on the fun parts of Halloween and I just do kittys, scarecrows, owls, etc.
Here's the little corner by the coffee pot. I guess I do have a scary spider here!
This cute mini wreath is one of the new items that I bought at the neat country store I went to with my mother and sisters for our birthdays. I love it!
Here's my fall windowsill display. My good friend Mareta made the kitty with the orange dress and the smiling pumpkin man in the back out of sculpy clay. She is so talented.
I put together this little vignette in the center of the counter in the kitchen. I think it looks warm and cozy!
Here's a little display on the coffee table in the living room.
I put a vintage squirrel planter with a colander filled with fall colored potpourri and an amber colored votive holder.
For the mantel I hung my fall swag that I made several years ago and I put some fall garland on the mantle shelf.
Here's a close up.
What's a holiday season without holiday mugs? Another way I decorate for the seasons is by bringing out my seasonal mugs. I love to take hot chocolate to my sons in the morning while they are still in bed. It's just a little tradition I have done for many years that we all think is special and fun. I like to use a cute tray as well. I do this for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines, and Easter. I also do it with regular mugs on "just because" days.
In the dining room I changed out the tablecloth for a beautiful burgundy fall looking cloth and added a burnt orange runner. The centerpiece is a horn of plenty that I found at (where else) the Goodwill. I found the two cute little squirrels at a thrift store when I was on my girls get away trip with the Bag Ladies last June. I like things that are not only decorative, but they are also sentimental and having meaning to me.
I made the pheasant banner last year, click here to see the directions. I simply hot glued vintage ribbon on the back of a vintage window hanging. This year I found the cute golden acorns that are hanging on the cabinet pulls.
Aren't' these gorgeous! I think they are Christmas ornaments. I love how they look! For a simple fall touch I just sat a cute little fabric pumpkin on a chair in the living room. A small and simple touch that makes a big statement!

I hope you are enjoying your fall season!

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Hugs, Sharon

18 comments:

My Grandkids ROCK said...

Hi Sharon,
Everything is so cute. It is like walking into a fun little shop all decorated for each holiday. I love to see what you do. I realy like to decorate for fall but I am sad when it has to all come down. We are so busy with Christmas trees that I am never in the mood to decorate for Christmas. So usually the fall decorating stays up till mid December. Then I scramble to put up a tree and Christmas decorations. The best part of having so many decorations is that you can share with your new daughter in law and then you have room for more:) Have a great day. Pam

Elena said...

Wow, you have a lot of lovely fall decorations. You have done a great job!

Farrah said...

Your knick knacks, especially the vintage ones, are so cute! We do not have the storage area for too many decorations.

Blessings for your day!

Mardell said...

Oh Sharon ~ you have the knack for decorating! I can't express it enough. Your home is a lovely reflection of you. I love Fall decorating too, but not much room here, either. Your vintage collection is wonderful! I, too, keep my eyes peeled at g.sales etc. for that type of stuff. You're right, they're hard to come by.

Thanks so much for the tour of your beautiful harvest home! :o)

Hugs,
Mardell

Amy said...

I love the way you have decorated. I really love your vintage decor. Very sweet!

Carol said...

Everything you posted yesterday & today looks wonderful. I enjoyed taking the tour at your home!
Smiles,
Carol

Sarah said...

What a beautiful home you have! It looks so nice and cozy!

Julian said...

how very cute! Thanks for showing us gals this morning!
Christina

Mrs.Ruiz said...

You should write a decorating book. I love your house and the candy corn with the candle is so clever

Sharon said...

Hi Mardell!

You are always so sweet! I think fall is my favorite season and I just love to decorate for the season. I think because it is so warm and cozy, two of my favorite things!

I would love to see your vintage Halloween things! I still think you should start your own blog!!!

Hugs, Sharon

Cottage Contessa said...

Oh Sharon, sweetheart you have done a beautiful job of decorating your loving family home for Fall. I absolutely love it when you take us on a decorating tour around your home! I can just imagine how special your family feel coming home each day to the comforting environment you've created. You really are such an inspiration to me Sharon, thank you!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Stephanie said...

BOO!!! You have been "BOO-ed"! Please stop by my blog to pick up your treat :)
Happy Halloween ,
Stephanie

Kathi said...

Sharon, YOu have the cutest decorations. I love the ones on the stairs so much. Your pheasants make me green with envy; not really, but they are so cool.

I love that cast iron candle or potpurri cool thing. You have some of the funnest vintage items I've ever seen. You crows are awesome too.

I love to come to your house on any given holiday because you make it so special.

I had such a wonderful day today teaching 5th grade. God is so good. After that I came home with pizza, then we zoomed off to Jessica's choir at school. What a grand day.

I'm so thankful. I'm putting up a post right now of Daddy and Aunt Jo picking apples. I love you, Kathi

shekinahhvac said...

Hey beautiful. Fall looks beautiful and Yummy at your house. Fab job on the decorating.
Blessings

Anonymous said...

How fun to see all of the 'tacky' projects around the house and to be mentioned :) I have my punkin' man that Mareta made us in the living room - I'm hoping to post my photos tomorrow. For me, I do Halloween and then Thanksgiving, so I haven't gotten out our very first project yet - the fall swag. It's always so fun to see your home Sharon - it is always so beautiful. I am lucky to have you as a friend ! Have a blessed day !
jill (jillsibbald.typepad.com)

Lady Farmer said...

Sharon ~
I keep coming back to this post to check in on those lovely pheasants! I had wanted to start a collection of them some years ago, but I never found any that I liked or could afford. Yours are absolutely gorgeous!!! So now it's antique chickens for me. I also love your adorable little squirrels and my new passion is for acorns! I really love the Fall also. It rates right up there with Spring, Summer and Winter! :~}
LF

jennifer said...

I am IN LOVE with the tray of vintage Halloween items. What a fabulous collection.

Lori said...

Sharon,

What a wonderful home of Halloween! I'm so envious of the vintage lights, adorable!! Lori

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...