Thursday, October 9, 2008

It's coming along!

I wanted to give you an update on Mackenzie and Brittany's new home. Click here to read more about their new home and the condition it was in when they purchased it.

First I wanted to share with you the cute little housewarming gift we gave them the first time we went over there. I copied it from the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" when George and Mary Bailey gave this to the Martini family as they moved into their first home. You give them wine, salt and bread and you say this as you give each gift: Bread - that this house will never know hunger, Salt - that life will always have flavor, and wine - that joy and prosperity will reign forever. Isn't that a cute and sweet new home blessing!
Mackenzie and Cameron taking a little break after working so hard on the new house.
Brittany busy painting.
We painted Jesus into the house!
The boys trying to figure out how the plumbing should go.
Grayson and I stopped at a recycle center and found this awesome bathroom vanity. It is made of oak, has a ceramic tile counter and has a Kohler sink in it! We only paid $40.00 for it! This will help them a lot.
Grayson in his little truck hauling away the new vanity.
My hubby, Eric, working so hard to remove the dry rot in the extra bedroom where the water heater is and leaked terribly. This is just the beggining, it gets much worse.
Hayden and Mackenzie ripping up the old rotten floor. It got worse as they moved along. I am so proud of all my boys for helping their brother. This is really instilling in them the sense of family.
Mackenzie talking with his Dad in the middle of the project.
Grayson helped too.
Eric smiled for the camera, but he looks a little tired and slightly overwhelmed. But the thing about my hubby is, he keeps going and going and gets the job done no matter what. He always completely amazes me!
They had to totally remove the old floor. Scary looking isn't it! But you know what, by 5:00 that night it was all re-done! We had pizza together and were so happy! It only cost $60.00 in materials!
Here's cute little Brittany painting her new laundry room! I love the color she chose!
I stopped over there last week and they have gotten so much done! They have new carpet and new doors and got most of the interior paint finished. Now they are working on the kitchen cabinets. It will be so cute when it is done!
I talked with Brittany this evening and she said that the doors are now all up and she is in the process of putting the brushed nickle handles on.
Here's the new front door! Isn't it pretty!
They brought in some of their furniture. Here's Mackenzie with a cup of coffee (as per his usual!) telling me about the wood trim. It's looking like a home now isn't it!
Here's the happy couple. Here they are in the bedroom with their kitty, Sunny. By the way.......since Sunny went over to live with Mackenzie at the new house, she has gained weight! She looks very content and happy! They are planning on painting the furniture in here black.

Mackenzie and Brittany will be married in about a week and will be living here as man and wife! Right now Mackenzie is living there alone. After they are married I will show more "after" pictures. It's so happy and exciting for all of us!

"Be discreet, chaste, keepers at home." Titus 2:5

Love, Sharon

19 comments:

Connie said...

Lookin' goooooood, honey!! Those are 2 industrious kids, not to mention your hubs!! LOL
Smooches,
Connie

Kathi said...

Sharon, This is so exciting!!! It's so wonderful how everyone is pitching in and helping and how it's all coming together so beautifully. That is going to look so gorgeous when finished. They have added so much value and beauty the the new home. I love the blessing. I remember you did that for us when we moved in. I thought it was so cute. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Kathi

Jennifer said...

Wow That is a big difference already! I like the laundry room color too!

Carol said...

Sharon,
Wow, you guys have been busy! What a difference, it looks wonderful! Can't wait to see the finished reveal. I know your son & his fiance are so excited!
Carol

Elena said...

Wow, they have done a lot of work. It looks so nice!

Kelly said...

This is sooooo exciting! they are doing everything right, sure makes me wish I did things different, but we surely cannot change that, we can only make sure now at this point in our lives to make the right decisions!
This is such a wonderful happy time to follow!

((hugs))
kelly

gail said...

I am so excited for your young couple! They have really accomplished a lot and their home is looking great! I love that yellow paint in the laundry room- great choice. thanks for sharing- I was wodering how their little home was coming along. Love how everyone is pitching in together. That's what family does.
God bless!

Amy said...

It looks great! I'm sure they are so excited to really make this a home after they are married. And what a great idea for a house warming gift!

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Everything looks great, I cant wait to see more pictures.

Jan Parrish said...

Very cozy. I love the octagonal window too. Was that there when they bought it?

linda said...

Wow...the place looks terrific!

How exciting for the kids to be fixing up their first home. To this day, our first home was my favorite home of all. I have so many wonderful memories of being young and newly married there.

It's also so awesome how the whole family is supporting them and pitching in to get the work done. What a great example of what family is all about. I know you are really proud of your kids...and you should be!!

Michelle said...

Wow, you've all gotten so much work done!!! It really is starting to look like a real home and that wood floor is amazing! I can't believe the wedding is in about a week...oh Sharon, it's all so exciting, isn't it?!

What a sweet new home blessing you did for the kids. You are such a great, thoughtful person!

Hugs,
Michelle

My Grandkids ROCK said...

I think you are doing an amazing job on this fixer upper. I love the way the kitchen looks. I really like it without even putting the cupboard doors on. Cute couple. Cute house. Looking forward to seeing wedding pictures. Pam

Joyfull said...

The house is looking so good! It is wonderful how everyone is working together! I am enjoying the progress and also love the color choices.

Brenda said...

gosh I have missed so much. Love the happy couples home.
Your car is fine..I wished I could down size some for gas sake. I always loved black.
Thanks for the prayers they mean alot.

Cottage Contessa said...

OH MY GOSH!!! The house is looking just gorgeous! Everyone has worked so very hard, but it's worth every drop of sweat because their new little home is just turning out to be a wonderfully modern and tastefully decorated cottage! I am so happy and excited for them, and for you all as you shoulder the load with them. I love the colours they've chosen too! Awesome, just awesome!
Amanda (aka Cottage Cottage)

Simply Heart And Home said...

Your men are so handy! And Brittany too. The house looks beautiful. I love her kitchen! :)

Gina

Connie said...

what an amazing transformation! Love the color in the kitchen/laundry room. Your family reminds me of my own...everyone is so supportive of each other. What a blessing.

Mary said...

Sharon,

I went back and read all the news about the new home. These kids are so smart to do this. I know how hard it is doing the renovations. We are just finishing upstairs. It took us 4 months because hubby and I both have physical issues, he works nights and we didn't have your family here to help. LOL If I had know you all were so handy, I would have hired you.

Great job with the house. It looks terrific. They kids did a good job and I'm so glad that Jesus is painted into the house.

Blessings for a great weekend. Looking forward to wedding photos.
Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...