Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I got a new car!!!!

Last Sunday my husband, Eric, and I drove to this place after church. We looked at a 2003 BMW x5. We took it for a wonderful test drive in the country on a beautiful October afternoon. It drove like a dream and we fell in love with it.
We test drove one a year ago, but could not make the deal we wanted with the dealership, so we passed and waited a year. In the meantime we did more research and decided this was the car that we wanted.
They are one of the safest cars out there and it gets good gas mileage. BMWs hold their value too, which we learned is really important because our previous vehicle, which was a Dodge Grand Caravan lost about 85% in value over just three years. That is just ridiculous. Also, we had to replace the transmission after driving it for one year. We were ready for a good, steady, dependable car.
Eric went back to cinch the deal on Wednesday and brought home our new car! At first when Eric mentioned he wanted to buy a new car I said I didn't think so with the economy being so uncertain, but then I prayed about it and decided to do what God has said in His word, that I should submit to my husband. I asked Eric if he felt really right about this and he said he did, so I said okay, I trust you. Eric is really smart about finances and making major purchases. I know that submitting to our husbands is not a real popular thing to do now days, but I do it because God says to and it always works out. When you do things God's way, it works.
It's so shiny, you can see the reflection of our house! We are so excited about this! We are taking a long driving trip down to California in the spring and we wanted to have a reliable, comfortable car. I think we found it!
We traded in the van and got a very good interest rate. We ended up getting a very good deal. I am proud of my husband for doing so well with wheeling and dealing! He will probably pay it off in three years or less. We have really learned over the years that buying things used is really smart and can really save us money. This car is really fun to drive, but also very safe. We plan on having it for the next twenty years. I have never had a car with bells and whistles, this car doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it has a few like seat warmers!!! I am so thankful and grateful and excited!!!
How do I look in my new car? No more mini van for me! This is fun and exciting!

"In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Hugs, Sharon

26 comments:

Connie said...

What the world sees as "right" is not necessarily the Lord's way of doing things, honey pie. I defer to my husband after we've both talked about it and prayed if it is right. We're an equal opportunity prayer family!! LOL But he is my head of household; although, I'm the queen of the house!! :-)

Smooches,
Connie

Carol said...

Morning Sharon,
Your new car is beautiful! Congratulations! You look great in the driver's seat! Have fun driving your new wheels!
Carol * in Oklahoma

Donna Lynn said...

Good Morning Sharon,
Boy, I had to go back and catch up on about 4 of your posts, you do such a great job keeping up on posting, me...not so much! Anyhoo, love your new car, and no more Van, WOO HOO, someday I will have a regular car too, my Chrysler Town and Country is going strong and we have never had one bit of trouble with it (darn! No, just kidding, I am thankful, really I am, and no, you did not catch me looking at a Nissan Murano!).

The locket your soon to be DIL will be using in her wedding, is just so precious, what an honor that she feels it is precious too! Bet your so excited for the wedding! Is it on Oct. 19th? Or on Sat. the 18th? I will be praying for a perfect day for you all, it will be a day filled with so much emotions, as your first baby starts a new life. Let me know if you need any tips!!

The Trampoline really brought back memories of my boys on ours, we can't have one anymore as all of them are way to heavy and tall...we had to get rid of our last one, cause Tyler, the 6' 7" boy hit the ground when he was jumping and the springs went flying like bullets!

What great photos of your son and his girlfriend, all your boys are so handsome and such a gift from the Lord. You are truly blessed!!

Take care and enjoy every minute in that shiny beautiful new BMW!

XO,
Donna Lynn

Lille meg said...

Congratulations on your new car!
It is cool! Lucky you!

I am very sorry that the translator doesn't work on my blog. I cannot understand it, it works to me....
One of my other american blogfriends says that sometimes it works, and sometimes not. I am not glad to hear that, but I can't do something to it. Yes, I can begin translating again myself.
I'll see what i can do.

Kathi said...

Hi Shar, Your car is gorgeous. I'm so happy for you. It's wonderful to have a safe and dependable car. I'm thrilled for you. Huggies, Kathi

luvmy4sons said...

Way too cool! How awesome! You are greatly blessed!

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Congrats!!! You look great in your new car:)

Mrs. Farrah Ginter said...

Congratulations on the car! It's a beauty. We have a Caravan and we are looking for a used hybrid to trade-in ourselves.

Take care and have fun!

kal said...

Beautiful car! Be proud that you have a husband that make the right choices for your family! Your a lucky girl!

gail said...

You look good in your new car! It is beautiful- and wow ...seat warmers! Those will feel geat this winter!
Blessings~
gail

Jan Parrish said...

Great car. Congratulations!

Michelle said...

Well, look at you in your new car, hot mama...it's totally 'you'! Many congratulations to you & your family! I'm sure it's gonna be great, especially driving on that long trip in the spring.

I was beyond thrilled when Bobby got me a new Pontiac Vibe this past spring! I still love it and it gets such great gas mileage.

Enjoy your Wednesday!

Hugs,
Michelle

P.S. Thanks for the sweet comments you left on my blog :)

Jennifer said...

Wow! Sharon, I could've written your post, instead, my old car was a Ford Taurus, and we bought a Ford F150 instead. I too, did not want to go into buying something brand new, with the enconomy and all, but I trust my husband. He knows our finances better than I do. We were also getting a new vehicle because, at the time I was pregnant and we knew we would be needing more room. Well, God took that baby home with Him. I am alright with that now. Maybe He will give me another child to fill up the backseat! Time will tell. Enjoy the new car, it sure looks pretty! I didnt know that type of car held the value that much, hmm, ya learn something new everyday!!

Judy said...

Super new car! You look great in it :)

Amy said...

Love the new car! I will be driving a mini van for at least another 16 years. :)

Cottage Contessa said...

Good morning sweetie! WOw what a gorgeous car! Congratulations to you both! Eric did a fabulous deal, you both work hard and deserve something wonderful! I'm so excited for you too! lol Have a really lovely day Sharon!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Mardell said...

OMGoodness! Aren't you just the bomb-diggety in your new car?!!? I can hear the whistles all the way here in NY!

Congrats Sharon. Kudos to Eric & praise God for everything working out. You both so much deserve it.

LOVE it!!
Hugs,
Mardell

~Robin said...

nice!
I have to admit-my eyes are green, Im quite envious, thats exactly what Im looking for...you have good taste in vehicles:)
congratulations!!
hugs~

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Congratulations on the new car. It looks great.

Linda said...

Sharon you look wonderful in your new car. It's a beauty...enjoy. Hugs, Linda

Sondra said...

You picked a good car there! My husband is a huge BMW fan. He had one years ago. He is holding out for the little BMW roadster now! I love that you picked black. It is so sleek looking. I hope you enjoy all those fun extras.

Anonymous said...

Greeting Sharon!

Your new car looks so, so nice and you look just beautiful in it! Yippe for you on your new beautiful car! God's love and goodnes is so ever before his children, he Loves to bless us with all good things! =)

God bless!!! =)

~Joy

Kelly said...

Look at you chickadee!!! You look awesome! And remember it is not the car making you look good it is YOU making the car look good!! hee hee!!! Congratulations!!!

love,
kelly

Sharon said...

Dear Joy and Cal.....Thank you so much for your sweet comments! I am so thankful for my hubby and for this new car! I do feel really blessed. It is so fun for me to have such a new car. Even though it's a 2003, it's new to me!

Hugs, Sharon

SweetAnnee said...

What a great car.
You look lovely in it!!
smiles, enjoy
deena

Kelly said...

It's so cute, Sharon! I love beamers! You enjoy it - I cannot wait to see the back loaded up with GW treasures! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...