Thursday, October 16, 2008

A family bond of love!

A few weeks ago I picked up Brittany, my mother-in-law Alice and my mother, Shirley and we all went out for lunch. I had a gift certificate to a cool yuppy type of deli and decided I wanted to use it on three very special women in my life! Above is a picture of beautiful Alice and me.
Here's my beautiful mother with my soon to be daughter-in-law beautiful Brittany!
This place is cool. It reminded me of some neat deli in New York or Chicago.
They had beautiful cheeses. We sampled a few and they were fantastic.
They also had wonderful meats!
And who could forget dessert? We ordered deli sandwiches which were fantastic and we shared two pieces of wonderful dessert.
After lunch we strolled around in this very unique mini mall.
There were beautiful sites to take in everywhere.
We stopped in at this swanky art store.
The prices were crazy. These little painted pictures were $260.00. I looked at it close and I could totally make that. It was a very simple drawing that was painted with water colors and then they glued on some old printing press letters and Scrabble letters. I think I need to change professions!
These simple birdhouses with carved crows on the top were $360.00! My husband and my father both could make these in probably a few hours. I am curious if people really buy these! If so, who are these people and I would like to understand why they would pay so much for something so simple. I guess because it is "art". Now these bowls are not my style, but to me this is more what I would call art. I know that there is a lot of time and effort put into making these bowls out of special burled wood. These were more reasonable, but still expensive at around $85.00 to $100.00 a pop.
Here we are, three generations of women tied together by blood and by love. It is so neat to have such a blessing in my own wonderful mother and to be so blessed with a wonderful mother-in-law and now I am so blessed with Brittany. She is an answer to my prayers. I cannot express how much fun I am having with my new daughter, Brittany! We are all so looking forward to the wedding on Saturday.

"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." Titus 2:3-5

Love, Sharon

P.S. Tonight will be fun! I am invited to the bachelorette party, we are going to a fancy restaurant and then probably going to watch a movie or something. Brittany's mother, Patty, will be there as well. We will have so much fun!

18 comments:

Cottage Contessa said...

Four generations of wonderful women, that's just so awesome! Have a fantastic time tonight sweetie, and remember to take lots of photo's to share!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Sunflower Farm said...

What an exciting time you are having enjoy the wedding very much.

Mrs. Rabe said...

Hi Sharon!

Thank you for your kind visit to my blog!

I stopped by this morning to take a peek at yours and got all caught up in your fun and sweet posts!

I hope you are planning to share photos of your son's wedding this weekend - what a beautiful month to marry! I can only imagine the fun you are having with a daughter, after raising your 4 boys!

Blessings to your whole family, especially this weekend!

Kathi said...

You are so blessed Sharon. I am so happy for you. Love, Kathi

luvmy4sons said...

Such good times. Sear them in your memory. Blessings.

Lille meg said...

Lovely ladies and jummy food!
Your mother seems to be a very nice and powerful lady.
I am sure you enjoyed yourselves.
I hope you do tonight, too!

Linda said...

What a neat day. I love your picture of three generations of wonderful women.....each awesome in their own way. Through your writings I have enjoyed meeting them....your are blessed.

Have fun this evening...hugs, Linda

Carol said...

Sharon,
I'm so glad you got to spend quality time with some of the special women in your life, looks like so much fun! Enjoy the bachelorette party, can't wait to hear all about it!
Enjoy!
Carol

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Have a wonderful time tonight! I cant wait to see pictures of the wedding:)

Jocelyn said...

How fun....
I have a SUPER BIG surprise for you. I was thinking Home Depot card for M and B? Good Idea No?For their cute house projects?

Hugs, Jocelyn

Amy said...

You are one blessed lady! What a fun day with the ladies in your life!

Have fun tonight at the bachelorette party!

Judy said...

How wonderful to share the day with the 3 special ladies in your life. You are so blessed. Have a wonderful time at the bachelorette party.
Hugs,
Judy

~~Deby said...

This looks so fun Sharon..indeed you are a blessed woman and what is even better is that you recognize it and pass it on...
Deby

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Looks like a perfect girls' day out.

Sondra said...

How special of a time you must have had. I agree about those artsy places. But yes, there are people who really do pay those prices. I know you are getting excited about the wedding! We all can't wait for the pics.

gail said...

I bet you all are so excited with the wedding this weekend- I remember the date because it is my son's birthday. I can only imagine how exciting it is for you and your family as your first born son is about to get married! And Brittany seems like such a sweet addition to your family- how blessed you are!
Have a wonderful weekend! God bless you and your family on this special occasion!

Michele said...

Thanks for your kind comment! I enjoy your sweet blog, too! The pictures of your grandparents are great, I can look at historical photos all day. =) And I love the darling owl bag--it reminds me of my Grandma Frieda--she loved owls, too.

Jan Parrish said...

That looks delicious. I'm going to lunch with my parents tomorrow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...