Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dried Hydrangeas..............

Aren't these just so beautiful! They are dried Hydrangeas from my sweet mother-in-law, Alice.
She mentioned to me that her hydrangeas were in full bloom and were beautiful, so I asked her if she wouldn't mind if she would please cut me some after they were done blooming and dry them for me.
She said she would be happy to do it. She simply cut them with about a 10 inch stalk, grouped them and tied them with a string.
Then she hung them upside down in their garage where it was really hot. The time of year to do this is September.
I love all the beautiful variations in color. They are just gorgeous.
I put them all on top of our TV cabinet.
I think they look pretty up there. I have dried Hydrangeas all over my home. I think they have that country elegant look that I love. Thank you Alice for the beautiful flowers!

"As the flowers in the field so he flourishes." Psalm 103:15

Hugs, Sharon

13 comments:

Mary said...

Sharon,

The dried Hydrangeas look beautiful on top of your tv cabinet. They give your home an elegant yet warm feeling.

Love your home. I have a lot of catching up to do since I was away. If you have time be sure to drop by and see the beautiful autumn photos that I've posted.

Now, off to read the posts I've missed.

Blessings for a great weekend.
Mary

Happy @ Home said...

Hi Sharon,
I love dried Hydrangeas and yours look really beautiful above your TV cabinet. In the photo they almost look like a continuation of your wallpaper border.

What a nice mother-in-law you have.

~Kim

luvmy4sons said...

Wow, those are awesome! They look beautiful!

Carol said...

Sharon,
Absolutely beautiful! Your mother-in-law must be a sweetie!
Carol :0)

Kathi said...

Sharon, They are so pretty. I love the colors. Kathi

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Those are very beautiful. I love that delicate shadings of color too.

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Those look beautiful Sharon!!!!

Connie said...

Ooooh, they are beautiful!! And they look outstanding on top of your hutch, honey. You better treasure that woman.....
Smooches,
Connie

Linda said...

Sharon I love dried Hydrangeas and these are so pretty on your cabinet.....the colors are wonderful. I have a small bouquet and really enjoy them. Hugs, Linda

SweetAnnee said...

I love the look too!! Alice has lovely ones..woohoo
and you are lucky my dear
love ya
deena

Kelly said...

Oh they are gorgeous! I have never seen them so full! I have to keep my eye out for one of those TV cabinets too, I have always wanted one.

have a blessed Sunday!

love,
kelly

Kelli said...

Oh my..they are gorgeous, Sharon! What a sweet mother-in-law you have!
~Kelli

Lille meg said...

They are so beautiful! In Norway we call them Hortensia.
Very good idea to dry them, then you have them for a long time!
I wish you a wonderful week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...