Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cabinet Clean-up

Okay...do you guys remember back in January when I got my new bedroom furniture? Here is a picture of our new armoire. In the upper cabinet we store our TV and in the lower cabinet I have all our extra bathroom supplies. We have a nice size home, but there is not very much storage at all (which has been a big frustration to me), so I have to store all our extra bathroom supplies in our TV cabinet! One day I will do a post on this subject and show you the little tricks I do for extra storage.
Any way, today is confession day! Beyond these doors is a huge mess! Be prepared.....you might want to take small children out of the room!!!! LOL!
Auhhhhh!!!! Yuck! How in the world did I allow it to get so darn messy? Things are just thrown in there. I have all kinds of items, nothing is organized or makes sense. I even have a bunch of movies thrown in there.
Well, I had enough. I saw these darling baskets at the Dollar Tree and loaded up on them. I got different sizes, but all in the black and white pattern. I bought eighteen of them, so it cost me $18.00. I thought that is a pretty good deal for bringing organization, serenity, peace and beauty into my life!
First I had to tear everything out of there! Yikes! What a mess! Have no fear though, this girl is on vacation and has time, energy and drive!
Here's the after pictures! Doesn't it look much better! I love it!
I have like items together, for example I have all things related to oral hygiene in one basket i.e.; toothpaste, toothbrushes, dental floss, etc. I also have lotions together, hair ornaments, first aid, etc.
It is not only pleasing to the eye, but it will make searching for something so much easier! My hubby will no longer be yelling "Sharon, do we have any extra soap?" He will be able to open the cabinet and find it!
I bought two tall round baskets to hold my extra curling irons (different sizes that I use ever so often) and our extra toilet paper.
I am so pleased with the way this little project turned out! Now, I just have to keep it this way!

Have a great day!

Only three days until the wedding!!!!

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; And renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; And take not thy holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; And uphold me with a willing spirit." Psalm 51:10-12

Hugs, Sharon

20 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
Wow, what a transformation! :o) I love the way you tell stories ~ so cute! Those are really nice baskets too. Don't you just love the Dollar Tree?

I meant to tell you that I think your owl purse is really neat. I don't remember them at all (& I'm a child of the 60's.) The gals gave you some great ideas for what you can do with it.

Hope you're enjoying your vacation.

Hugs,
Mardell

Elena said...

Wow, great job! I love that feeling too when I get an area in my house organized that has been bugging me for a while:)

Carol said...

Morning Sharon,
I'm so impressed with your cabinet storage makeover! I really like those cute baskets from Dollar Tree. Wow, 3 days until the wedding, I know you're excited! Can't wait to hear about the big day!
Carol

Mrs.Ruiz said...

It looks 100% better. I love the baskets. PS. My son ended up going to school yesterday, I think he was just tired. But Thank You for the well wish.

nannykim said...

Great idea--it is inspirational!! I love the look. I was just thinking today that I had to give thought about how to organize one of my many messy closets---it was on my to do list to think about how!! I need more ideas---but yours was helpful. Keep sharing!!

Mary said...

Sharon,

I love what you did with your armoire. Those baskets are lovely. I like the black and white pattern. I wish I could find a bargain like that here. Baskets are very expensive and the ones at the dollar stores are not very nice ones. These are great for organization. Since we rent the upstairs apartment, we have very little storage space. You have given me a few ideas.

I remember the bags in the post below, but never owned one. I believe my mother did. I'm going to ask her. Now I'm curious.

Enjoyed catching up with you. Take care, my friend and have a wonderful Wednesday.

Blessings,
Mary

Lille meg said...

Beautiful armoire!
And you have had a great work here!
You are clever!
Now it is easy to find things.
Good luck with the wedding!
Look forward to see pictures.....
Have a nice day (or night).

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

My that looks so much more organized! What a great idea to get those baskets!

3 more days! How exciting!!!

Kathi said...

Sharon, YOu always amaze me; first for your honesty and second for your ability to transform things from messy to orderly, or ugly to pretty. Where's the nearest Dollar Tree? I'm going to get my baskets. They would look so cute anywhere, but we are re-doing Jessica's room in French. It will be pink and black with white accents. Those baskets might come in handy. I love you have a wonderful day. Kathi

Penless Thoughts said...

What cute, inexpensive baskets and you did a great job. I am a believer in "Everything has it's place, and everything in it's place." Makes life so much easier.
Susan +

Linda said...

I love the Dollar Tree and 99cent stores. Those are the coolest basket (like all the different sizes) looks very neat and attractive too.

Three day and counting...I'm excited for you and your family...I'm looking forward to all the pictures....hugs, Linda

~Karen~ said...

Hi Sharon! I've been following your blog for a while now, just have not commented before. I found you from your sister's blog back in the summer. I love everything you've done to your home. It looks so inviting, and I think it would be lovely to sit and enjoy a cup of tea with you!
Blessings,
Karen (Kindred Haven)

Kristen said...

Wow!!!! That is quite the transformation. We all have a closet that really needs to be organized. :)

~~Deby said...

Sharon...Are you for hire...and within a 1/2 of my house there are 11 thrift stores......so it would be worth a few miles coming up my way....oh this looks great.....
can't wait for ALL of the wedding pictures...tomorrow is our 37th Anniversary...just love that guy of mine.
Deby

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Hello,

I am celebrating my 100th post. Please stop by and enter my giveaway.

Laura

Cottage Contessa said...

Brilliant sweetie, just brilliant! You never cease to amaze me! Only 3 days til the big day, how exciting!!!!!!! Hugs Sharon!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Jocelyn said...

Wow, everything looks great. I must admit my house is NOT organized, I have the worlds smallest bathrooms! Storage doesnt exsist in my house either. I guess inthe 60's they didnt have as much " stuff" !
Shawn has OCD /Hoarder, only amild case, but boy he keeps everything and it makes me crazy!
See you soon.

Stephanie said...

Hi Sharon ,
I did get that email from you but I also sent one back ! Maybe its still out there in www !!
We would love to meet you and your sister for tea or shopping or both! Right now is very busy for Pam because of tree harvest. So, maybe when that is over we can make a date :)
I also sent you an email with a photographers link that Pam wanted you to see. Its of her daughters beautiful wedding. I hope you got it, if not please email me back !!
Best of Luck with your sons wedding, Im sure it will be everything you dreamed of and more!
Stephanie

Sondra said...

Very pretty baskets. It looks very nice now. Wow, I can't believe it is only three days. Time just flew by. I cannot wait to see the pictures.

Kimmie said...

Hi Sharon;

I came over from Sondra's blog to visit you....love your armoire and I can't believe how your cute little baskets made such a transformation. Great job, really looks amazing.

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...