Monday, October 13, 2008

Brittany's 22nd Birthday!

Last weekend we celebrated my soon to be daughter-in-law Brittany's 22nd birthday! I made her the dinner of her choice and she picked crockpot chicken with garlic and herb sauce, pasta salad and green beans. I took the opportunity to set a beautiful fall table for her.
I purchased these gold chargers awhile back at Goodwill and was waiting for the perfect dinner to use them.
This past summer I started picking up brown patterned china and amber colored glass at thrift stores and yard sales to make up this fall table.
I found this beautiful amber compote dish at St. Vincent De Paul's at half price for $6.00. I was thrilled! It is so beautiful, it is really heavy and very ornate.
I had a lot of fun putting it together for her. My mother-in-law, Alice, made me the beautiful napkin rings.
I used my fall colored table cloth with a rust colored runner over it.
I used my fall centerpiece which is a wicker cornucopia filled with artificial gourds and leaves.
She also requested a cherry chip cake with chocolate frosting, which I made and decorated with a cute little girl figurine and her puppy. I then added candy corn all around the base of the cake for an extra touch!
Here's a close up of the sweet little girl and her dog. It's really fun for me to decorate a cake with girly things after being with all these boys for all these years!!! :0)
We had such a lovely dinner. My son, Cameron, had to work and could not join us, but Hayden invited a friend, Austin, to join us and that was nice.
After dinner Brittany opened her presents. We gave her lots of things, one of which is this sweet little ivory satin evening bag embellished with pearls for her to carry on the wedding day.
Here she is with the cake and her 22 candles! Happy birthday Brittany dear! We all love you and are so happy you will be officially joining our family in five days!!!!

"The Lord bless you and keep you!" Numbers 6:24

Love, Sharon

25 comments:

My Grandkids ROCK said...

Hi Sharon, Isn't it fun decorating for fall. We did the same thing last Friday for Taylor's friends for Homecoming dinner. What fun. You will have so many fun days ahead with your new "daughter." I'm looking forward to your girl adventures. Who knows, maybe I will run into you somewhere, sometime. Have a great day. Pam

Lille meg said...

Oh, what a beautiful table and cake and birthdatparty!
Brittany is lucky who has such a good mother in law!
The table was så pretty decorated, and I am sure the dinner tasted good, and you all enjoyed it.

Carol said...

Good morning Sharon. Thanks for answering my e-mail. Your dinner table looks so warm & inviting, fantastic job! I know Brittany loved it. It's fun having a daughter-in-law, you're going to love it!
Carol ~ in Oklahoma

Kathi said...

Happy Birthday Brittany. We love you and can't wait until Saturday. Sharon your table and decorations are so pretty. The cake is darling. Your are so good with celebrations. I love learning from you. Love, Kathi

littleladyboutique said...

Beautiful, Beautiful, Absolutely gorgeous table!!!! And Happy Birthday to Brittany! :):):) Ah...to be 22 again...... :) Blessings, Stephanie

Amy said...

What a beautiful fall table!

What an inspiration you are to me! I am a mom of all boys and am praying for their future wives and I desire to do things for my "daughters" like you are doing for your new daughter-in-law. I have a wonderful mother-in-law and I hope I can be loving and caring like her and you...thank you for setting an example to us younger women.

Mrs.Ruiz said...

The table was beautiful!! She is lucky to have you as a mother in-law. Your'e both lucky:)

Elena said...

Beautiful table setting and great cake. My little girl's 2nd birthday is on the 28th. I have planned to use candycorn at the base of her cake too! I am so happy she was born in the fall because that is my favorite season:)

Jennifer said...

WOW, Sharon, that table is out of this world BEAUTIFUL! Can I hire you to decorate for me??

Mrs. Farrah Ginter said...

Beautiful table, Sharon!

Have a blessed week.

Anonymous said...

Sharon, just checked out your blog for today. Your fruit compote looks like mine only yours may be a little bigger. My pedestal amber cake plate would have looked so nice on your table. And I think my platter would have looked nice too--it is more fallish than it looks in the picture. There were two at a yard sale for 50 cents each and I grabbed them both. Gave one to Judy, Walt's daughter. I got them probably 10 or more years ago.

Love, Aunt Helen

PS Sharon, you are like a human dynamo! Or maybe like Samantha--you just wiggle your nose and lo and behold the table is set and loaded down with goodies. Love, Helen

Cottage Contessa said...

Happy Birthday Brittany! Wishing you all the very best on your special day, and on your wedding day too! Sharon sweetie, you did a wonderful job decorating the table, it looks absolutely gorgeous! What a lovely, and loving family!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

luvmy4sons said...

What a lovely table! What delicous looking food. Wanting to send my boys on over AGAIN! You have such a lovely family!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

Your table is beautiful! I love browns and amber. Happy Birthday Brittany!

Michelle said...

A great big Happy Birthday to Brittany! Taylor, Tess & I just 'oohed' & 'ahhed' over the beautiful table and adorable cake...well done, Sharon! You are such a thoughtful chick and my oh my, you're gonna be THEE most fabulous mother-in-love!!!

Hugs,
Michelle

Linda said...

Happy Birthday to Brittany!

Sharon, your table looks so pretty and dinner sounds yummy. The cake is darling and sounds so delish. What a happy celebration....hugs, Linda

Joann Allen said...

Sharon~ That table is just beautiful. Looks like you all had a wonderful time. My granddaughter's birhtday is this weekend, but she's only turning 2~ I do think she would love the bag with pearls though, she loves to carry a purse around!!
Blessings,Joann

Lori said...

Sharon,
You have put together one of the most beautiful Autumn tables I have ever seen! I have been searching for amber glassware for what seems forever and have yet to find even one! Must be a hot item in Northern IN! Lovely post. Lori

Jan Parrish said...

What a beautiful table and cake. I just love the photo of Brittany with the cake. What a wonderful MIL you are going to be!

judy said...

Happy "belated" Birthday. Your table is beautiful. Isn't it fun spending time with famiy?
Have a wonderful day today.
Judy

Kelly said...

You will be the best mother in law! What a beautiful table!!! Your tables are always fabulous!
happy birthday Brittany!

((hugs))
kelly

Sharon said...

Dear Joann, your grandaughter sounds adorable! I have always been a purse girl myself!!!

Thanks for the nice comment. I hope you have a great day!

:0) Sharon

Domestic Fashionista said...

What a sweet mother in law! I think it is awesome that you make extra effort for your soon to be daughter in law...in laws can be a hard thing...brittany is a lucky girl!

Natasa said...

You are very kind woman... this post touched my heart... I wish blessings to you and your family...

Kelly said...

Happy birthday to Miss Brittany!!

What a beautiful table, Sharon! Seriously, it looks like something out of Country Living.

Hooray for 22 year old brides...I was one, too (I think...it wasn't even that long ago but I can't do math right now for some reason, bwahahahaha!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...