Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Bachelorette Party!

Thursday night we had a bachelorette party for Brittany! Her friends arranged it all. We met at a wonderful restaurant and had a great dinner with great conversation. Before we started though Brittany had to put on her "Bride to Be" sash and her little veil!
This is her best friend, Alicia, who was also the matron of honor in the wedding. I just love Alicia, she is a wonderful friend for Brittany.
Here's all of us together. Brittany has such a wonderful group of friends. They are all such Godly, wise young women and they are also lots of fun!
This is Brittany and her sister, Sarina, aren't they beautiful girls!
This is Brittany and her mother, Patty. Now you can see where the girls get their good looks! They are all beautiful women!
After dinner we went to Alicia's house and played games, had dessert and had a great conversation about all the details of marriage! Here's Brittany and me together at Alicia's. I love my new daughter!
The next day, the morning of rehearsal, we all met and got our toes and/or fingernails done. I just got my fingernails done. It was so much fun! I am not used to doing this kind of thing since I have all sons! This was great fun for me. The main topic of the day was the wedding, of course!
Here's sweet Brittany getting her nails done.
And here I am. It felt so good to get the hand massage. I really must do this more often!
All done! Look at all the pretty fingers and toes! I loved all this girl time with the bridal party. I am so thankful that Brittany invited me to take part of all these special moments with her! It was such a magical week. I need to remember that there will be many more girl moments with my new daughter! I am so thankful and so happy!

"For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations." Psalm 100:5

Love, Sharon

12 comments:

Linda said...

Fun, fun times, cute, cute pictures ....and I love all the pretty fingers and toes....hugs, Linda

Lille meg said...

Lucky you who has such a daughter in law! And lucky Brittany, who has such a mother in law, too!
I can see you had a lot of fun, and I am sure the food tastd good as well.
In Norway we doesn't do this after the wedding,I never heard about it before. But it was funny!
Have a nice day!

Connie said...

That looks like such a "girly girl" thing to do and soooooo much fun, sweet chick! I love pedicures but don't get my toenails painted. And my finger nails are almost non-existent with all the crafting I do so that wouldn't work. But I'm so glad the wedding is over and you have a daughter now, honey! Aren't they grand?
Smooches :-)
Connie

Sharon said...

Dear Lillie Meg,

Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I just wanted to clarify that we had our nails done the morning of the wedding rehearsal, not the day after the wedding! We have not seen the bride and groom since they left in the get-away car for their honeymoon! I can't wait until they get back so we can hear all about their wonderful honeymoon and talk again about the wedding!

Hugs, Sharon

~~Deby said...

Oh...does that look like fun..what a sweet daughter to include YOU in everything...great things are ahead Sharon...
Deby

Jennifer said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Thanks for sharing!

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Just think, you get to do that 3 more times:)

Deb said...

Hi Sharon! Congratulations to the Bride and Groom. The shower and toes are great!

Kathi said...

Sharon, Oh how wonderful! It all looks so fun. It's so special that Brittany and her friends are so sweet and godly. I'll have to get my nails done sometime. I love you, Kathi

gail said...

It looks like you had such a fun time leading up to the wedding too- what special times and all the memories you will have of it.

Blessings!
Gail

Brenda said...

What a great an fun time. She is blessed to have to you Sharon!

luvmy4sons said...

How exciting to have a daughter now! What a gorgeous one she is. And what a blessing you are to her already!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...