Saturday, September 20, 2008

They say my sons look alike........do you agree?

Top from left going clockwise, Grayson, Cameron, Mackenzie and Hayden sitting on the stairs at Grandma Alice and Grandpa Jim's house. People have always told me my sons look alike, but I just don't see it. Ha, ha! Gotcha! I found these pictures from four years ago on this old computer that I am currently using as our back up computer. Isn't this a funny picture! Mackenzie messed around with photo shop!
Above is the real picture! My computer with all my blogging pictures won't be ready until next week and I forgot to take my camera with me today, so I have no new material to work with! I am just sharing some of these old photos and strolling down memory lane.
These photos were taken from a dinner party that my mother-in-law hosted for us in her beautiful home. I am so glad to see these pictures because this is something that she has done a lot for us. We have so many good memories of going over to their house for a wonderful meal and then we would always play cards or some kind of game.
Alice is a wonderful entertainer and cook. I believe this was a gathering for either my husband's birthday or for Eric's father, Jim. I am so thankful for my wonderful in-laws. I am so thankful for my great mother-in-law for being such an excellent example to me.

We drove over two hours to Grayson's football game and sadly, they lost again. It wasn't as much of a heart breaker as last week's game was though. I think it was because things just seemed more fair. Grayson did not get hurt and in fact, he caught the ball on a punt return and ran 75 yards for a touchdown! We could not believe our eyes! All of us sitting in the stands thought he got tackled about 15 yards into it, but somehow he broke through the tackle and ran it down. It was awesome! The final score was 22 to 6. Thank you so much to all of you who were praying for his safety and for the healing of his knee. God answered! Praise the Lord!

We have some blogger friends who have some big issues going on. Please say a prayer for Deena at Can I Be Pretty In Pink and Sondra at "Mom Of 4 Teenage Boys". They both have serious things going on. Deena has brain tumors that she is fighting and Sondra's son's grandparents were both killed as they were on their daily walk. Also, please remember to pray for Michelle at Treasure the Moment as she is fighting breast cancer.

Can I also ask all of you to please pray again today for my husband as he is cutting the last of the trees near the power lines.

Have a great weekend!

"Carry each other's burdens, and it this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galations 6:2

Love, Sharon

9 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

So glad your son wasn't hurt and wow! What a great moment to see his touchdown! That is exciting. Mine still suffers some from the effects of the concussion that has me worried. But God is in control.

Jesus, I lift up Michele as she battles cancer. Surround her and aid her. We ask for healing and grace and strength. I pray the same for Deena. Wrap your arms around them. I lift up Sondra and her family as they deal with their grief. You are the comforter. I ask for Your touch upon them as they walk through this valley. ANd please guard and keep Sharon's hubyb as he works on trees near power lines. Keep him from any accidents or harm. Send angels to protect him. In Your precious name, Jesus. Amen

Elena said...

Dear Sharon, I have been reading you blog for a couple of weeks now and have really enjoyed it. I found it from your sister,Kathi's blog. I found her by just doing a search for blogs in Oregon. The picture of your boys really had me fooled. I was so amazed I called my husband away from making breakfast to see it... then I scrolled down to see the real picture. Pretty funny, you had me fooled. I will remember your blogging friends in prayer and your husband today. God bless, Elena

Judy said...

How funny, you did have me fooled at first :)
I pray that all goes well for your husband today, and I'm so happy that Grayson is doing fine.
It seems like there is so much sadness going on right now. I will keep Deena, Sondra and Michelle in my prayers as well.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Judy

Pearl said...

Hi Sharon... I'm sorry for being so long inbetween my visits, but I'm just now getting back into the swing of things. I wanted to thank you for stopping by and leaving wonderful words of encouragment for me, and for your sweet prayers during my recent health problems. God heard us and answered all prayers with good news for me. I am so grateful and continue to sing my praises to Him!

I was sad to read about your friends and their needs. It is just so heartbreaking... and, yes, please know that I will be praying for another miracle from the Lord.

Also, I pray that your dear Husband is protected as he works to provide for your family. My Husband also has an extremely dangerous job, and I pray daily for his safety... so I will be adding your Husband to that prayer for certain. Aren't we blessed that God allowed us to have loving and courageous Husbands?

I hope your weekend is going well, and I'm looking forward to reading more and catching up on things in your world... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Connie said...

that first picture almost had me...I think you can see a family resemblance but I bet there's more mannerisms and facial expressions that make people say they look alike. That's what people say about my boys. I can totally appreciate your football story having 3 sons who play(ed) the game myself. There is nothing more exciting than watching your son make the "big play". It was one of those weeks at our house too.
continued prayers...

Connie said...

I was going to say: "Are you kidding?!?!?! Of course, they look alike.......uncanny." But you fessed up, chickee, and fooled us all. Hah.
Smooches,
Connie

Karen said...

Sounds like the funny stuff boys do is rubbing off on their Mom, when I first looked at the picture I thought Wow those guys really favor. Then I saw what you had done. HEHE- My husband is the oldest of 4 boys, their Mom always shares with us daughter in laws all the crazy stuff that took place in her life raising sons. Thanks be to God they are turned out to be fine men. What a blessing to have good a good family. I found your blog through Cherry Hill Cottage, I know the Lord guided me. Praying is what we are called to do, when your husband is out doing danger jobs, stand on Psalm 91, it is God's people protection psalm for everyday life here on earth. In the times we are living in everyday is a danger day, so let's pray God's angels all around us.
Feel free to visit me anytime with a prayer need. Matthew 18:19
Blessings from AL, Karen

Stephanie said...

You actually had me going there for a minute! Your sons are very nice however.
My sister in law has had breast cancer and now has it in her back. That disease is not forgiving.
Have a good rest of the weekend,
Stephanie

Kathi said...

Sharon, I'm sorry they lost again. That was cute that Mackenzie made the picture with all his head. Your boys really do look so much alike.

I will keep all these ladies in my prayers. I love you. sorry I have been away all day and did get over to comment. Hugs, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...